GT-N8000 update

Search This thread

defibjh

Nov 18, 2015
Cape
Smart Watches
Hello all

I friend of mine donated his Galaxy Tab 10.1 to my son.

Now I need to update to the latest possible firmware. Not even YouTube kids works on the old firmware.

When trying to do OTA upgrade it mentions no upgrade available. I chatted to Samsung support and they suggest using Kies. Sadly this tablet isn't compatible with Kies 3 and I can't seem to locate older versions.

Can anyone assist or guide me in the correct direction

With thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Olivier V

Jan 25, 2013
If the tablet says that there's no new firmware, then there's no new firmware available.

You could root it, install a custom recovery and flash the latest Android 7.1.1 ROM from decatf if you want.

However, this tablet is getting pretty old by now and youtube just doesn't run super smooth without overclocking (and even then there are no guarantees). If you want my honest opinion, I suggest you look for a second hand Nexus 7 2013. It still runs smoothly today and has a very active developers community.

defibjh

Nov 18, 2015
Cape
Smart Watches
If the tablet says that there's no new firmware, then there's no new firmware available.

You could root it, install a custom recovery and flash the latest Android 7.1.1 ROM from decatf if you want.

However, this tablet is getting pretty old by now and youtube just doesn't run super smooth without overclocking (and even then there are no guarantees). If you want my honest opinion, I suggest you look for a second hand Nexus 7 2013. It still runs smoothly today and has a very active developers community.
Yet Kies finds FW. Thanks for your input

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Olivier V

Jan 25, 2013
Wait a minute.. You have a GT N8000, this forum is for the GT P7500 /7510. Normally the latest Android for your tablet is 4.4.2. If you want to root it you will want to look at the specific forum for your type of tablet.
And a factory reset can sometimes do wonders for the speed of your device, if you don't mind loosing everything on it.