Help with this awesome tablet

Search This thread

defibjh

Nov 18, 2015
Cape
Smart Watches
Greetings everyone

I have this awesome tablet for my young son who loves to watch YouTube kids

The current FW which is an OFW will not permit the DL of YouTube kids I think due to compatibility issues etc.

I ask anyone to advise on how to load a CFW or something to allow me to run YTK and other items. Obviously I would need android 5 or higher.

Where could I find step by step instructions to do this? I am not sure of the detailed ways so I am needing patience from you.

I would appreciate all the help, so will my son

Thank you

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
Last edited:

rickz1222

Jun 15, 2018
I have the 10.1 GT-P 7510 I had XDA root it for me through their 1 click root system because I didn't want to take the chance on messing anything up because you read so much online about people bricking devices trying to root them. I also have kind of the same question, I have an old version of Netflix on mine that runs perfect but would like to go to a newer version, and I would also like to install kodi or xbmc on this tablet so I can take it with me on trips and be able to watch movies. after extensive searching I was able to find out that supposedly kodi 14.2 helix will work on this tablet, but trying to find it is essentially impossible, and when you do find the file it always seems to be broken in some way and wont work, supposedly there is a program called SBMC which is a fork of kodi for this device, but can't find that one anywhere. so my question is this because I am so new to this rooting thing. My tablet is already rooted with Super SU and I would like to know where I could look to get instructions how to install the nougat 7.1 rom or even a different rom to be able to go to some newer apps at this point I have been a little timid about doing too much because at least Netflix is working, and the xda tech told me not to factory reset it update it and a few other things, and a few other things because then it won't be rooted. any help in this will be very much appreciated and please feel free to move this post if it is in the wrong area and I apologize it is my first time posting. I will say this though it was well worth the 40.00 to have xda root it for me because it can be a bigger process than people think depending on the device the guys are awesome.

Rick

I also have a 10.1 GT-P 7510(wifi) 32g. The P7500 and the P7510 are basically the same and use the same firmware. I've had mine rooted for a long time. I use Kingoroot because it's easily replaced with Supersu. As far as ROMs go I've had only difficulties. What I can tell you is that for myself this has been a little difficult up til possibly just recently. There are many ROMs available here at XDA, most of them were unstable. The 7.1 Nougat, https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-10-1/development/rom-android-7-0-nougat-t3471350, looks promising but I haven't got CWM recovery to flash the zip without giving me a "No File_Contexts warning. If I could get a tar.md5 ROM I would use Odin3 in a heartbeat. Version 1.85 is the one I use most and thats just to undo the softbricks, by flashing in the original firmware. If you live in the US its this, https://www.androidlegend.com/update-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-wi-fi-p7510-with-ics-4-0-4-uelpl/. Run that through Odin if you ever get stuck in bootloop crash the tab, pretty much anything but a hardbrick. The 8.0 Rom I'm waiting for the developers to complete.