Tab 10.1 wifi - Can't wipe data in factory reset - Ideas?

Search This thread

Ricbnw

Aug 16, 2016
Hi,
I was able to root my 7510 wifi tab 10.1, using odin I installed twrp then cyanogenmods 4.2.2 rom and it worked fine and I was...happy. Then for some reason and update perhaps chrome started having problems so I tried to uninstall and reinstall, it locks up and reboots. I then went into twrp to do another wipe and re-install of 4.2.2 and I can't do the factory reset. It locks up when trying to deal with the data/media then reboots. I did - in superuser mode - go into a terminal line command screen and tried to manually delete files in that directory and it seems the darn chrome folder lets me delete some but locks up/reboots on other files.

Cyanogenmod 4.2.2 (10.1 19.04.27.47 pdt 2013)
Tablet gt-p7510
Kernel 3.1.10 cyanogenmod+

I am guessing that chrome files are either being access or locked in some way that is hosing the delete and I dont know how to force it or reset the files. I am a EE engineer having to much fun in android - fyi

Any ideas or help as they say is appreciated

Thanks

Ric

Ricbnw

Aug 16, 2016
More on Data wipe issue

Just tried in twrp to repair the files system and it failed in the /data folder
I guess something is really buggered in there
I might try a format data approach once I backup the files on the tablet pending no ideas over the next few days

Oh, all the other apps work fine, can install/uninstall and using FF to brows now.....yeccchhhh