This ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 is a port of SailfishOS on our beloved device. This is my first ever project on any sort of development and I would appreciate positive criticism. I hope you like it.
You will solely be responsible for any consequences arising out of following this guide. Your device may become permanently unusable or unstable. This guide is for experienced users only that know their way around a typical Linux system. The linked zip contains some proprietary software. All trademarks and copyrights belong to their respective owners.
Prerequisites for installation ->
1) Rooted P3100. Instruction for rooting can be found in the forum. I have not tried on other models but braver souls may go ahead at their own risk.
2) Latest TWRP recovery for P3100. Can be found in the forum.
2) Official CM 11. Download from official Cyanogenmod website. Check which works for you but must be based on Android 4.4 KitKat.
3) SailfishOS zip file for P3100. Linked below.
4) The knowledge of using either telnet or ssh to access the device. ADB does not work.
5) Patience. The installation will take a lot more time than a regular Android ROM.
1) Copy the Cyanogenmod and the SailfishOS zip to your sdcard.
2) Boot to recovery. Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik Cache and the internal storage. Wiping internal storage is not at all necessary but still recommended.
3) Flash Cyanogenmod zip file.
4) Immediately after the installation of cyanogenmod succeeds, flash the SailfishOS zip file.
5) The installation of SailfishOS will take some time. Reboot to system after the installation succeeds.
Known Bugs ->
1) Videos cannot be played. I'm hoping to fix that in the next update but it will take some time. At least a month.
2) The native browser does not work in the correct orientation. The touchscreen and the display are perpendicular to each other in the browser.
3) Camera does not work. The error is similar to video playback.
4) Bluetooth may work. Has not been properly tested.
5) The Jolla Store cannot be used for downloading applications.
6) Cellular Data and Voice Calling have not been tested but most probably, they will not work. It may work on some devices.
7) GPS will not work.
8) MTP doesn't work. Need to boot to recovery to mount as MTP.
9) USB Keyboards will not work. I can change it but then ONLY USB keyboards will work.
What is Working ->
1) Audio playback.
2) Third party browsers.
3) The Warehouse store can be used for installing apps.
4) Wi-Fi is perfectly working.
To telnet into the device, run " telnet 192.168.2.15 2323 "
the default root password is " nemo " which can be changed from settings.
Instructions for installing Warehouse store for downloading apps ->
Warehouse is the community driven app store for SailfishOS.
It can be downloaded from https://openrepos.net/sites/default/...30.armv7hl.rpm
After Downloading, copy the file to the internal storage via USB from recovery.
then telnet or ssh into the device and execute this
" pkcon install-local /path/to/file "
It can then be used to install apps for the device.
The md5 sum is 559c8a898d141571c9f43d4343413f05
I would like to thank the following ( in no particular order) ->
The Cyanogenmod Team.
All the remaining porters of SailfishOS for their support.
If anyone is interested in porting SailfishOS to their device, join us on the freenode irc at #sailfishos-porters