OTG + Charge Hub

Search This thread

movieifx

Jan 10, 2009
I recently purchased a combined power and otg cable. it has a connector to plug into the table and then 3 usb sockets. 2 provide otg and the third is to connect a standard usb charger.

I'm using unified lineageOS 13 and whilst the OTG side works fine in both the otg sockets , charging does not. The cable lists the 3110 as specifically working and whilst I admit it could be a faulty cable it could be that

a) The 3110 never actually supported this despite the product claims
or
b) There may be some support needed at the kernel level to allow for combined otg and charging

Much appreciate if anyone has had any experience with these working successfully with specific ROM/kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

wahyu8002

Nov 20, 2016
Our tab use 20 pins connector, otg and usb have different pin connector. So you can't charge your tab while using otg cable. On our tab, the third connector is used for powering conneted devices.

Laugh2

Dec 18, 2016
I recently purchased a combined power and otg cable. it has a connector to plug into the table and then 3 usb sockets. 2 provide otg and the third is to connect a standard usb charger.

I'm using unified lineageOS 13 and whilst the OTG side works fine in both the otg sockets , charging does not. The cable lists the 3110 as specifically working and whilst I admit it could be a faulty cable it could be that

a) The 3110 never actually supported this despite the product claims
or
b) There may be some support needed at the kernel level to allow for combined otg and charging

Much appreciate if anyone has had any experience with these working successfully with specific ROM/kernel.

Thanks in advance.

Is this the device you tried? I have never tried it - but would be interested in whether it works or not (and the cost):
https://seap.samsung.com/solution-br...#collapse-item