FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][AOSP][4.4/6.0/7.1-EXP] Unlegacy Android Project (01/19) (prev. OMAP4 AOSP)

759 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,748

Post Reply Email Thread
The Unlegacy-Android Project

Introduction
Unlegacy-Android started out as the OMAP4-AOSP Project. It was created in late 2015 in order to maintain a clean and organized place for pure AOSP support for various OMAP4 devices, such as the Galaxy Nexus and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series. Over time this evolved to support more than just these devices, but still maintains its roots of supporting "legacy" devices that no longer receive "official" updates: hence Unlegacy-Android was born.

Installation
It's important that /system needs to be unmounted before installing the ROM - some recoveries tend to leave it mounted after performing operations on it.

If you're planning to install GApps, be sure to read the second post!

Aside from these, installation and upgrading is no different than on other ROMs. As usual, 'espresso' goes for all non-3g versions, 'espresso3g' goes for all 3g versions.

Problems
- Occasional sound stuttering in some games
- No hwrotation (meaning the boot animation is landscape on p31xx). I don't consider this as a problem, as autorotation will take effect after bootup anyways... and most 7" tablets, like the Nexus 7 work this way as well.
- The 7.1 builds are very experimental! Means: camera not working yet, and other issues might arise. Generally saying, the 4.4 and 6.0 builds are pretty stable, while 7.1 is experimental.

If you notice anything else, be sure to report it in this thread. While I'm kind of busy, I usually read the thread and acknowledge the bug reports, even if I don't reply directly to them.

Downloads
See: http://builds.unlegacy-android.org
Always use the latest TWRP, to flash Android 7.x, you must use TWRP 3.0.3-0 or newer.

Features?
There isn't much to say here - this is AOSP, if you install GApps, you pretty much get the same thing that's running on the Nexus devices. The aim of this project is to create a fast and stable ROM - although, one could use Xposed to add extra features.

As usual, feedback is appreciated

Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this (:

XDA:DevDB Information
Unlegacy Android Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
Ziyan, Android-Andi
Source Code: https://github.com/Unlegacy-Android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: The latest bootloader for your device.

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 4.4, 6.0

Created 2016-07-03
Last Updated 2017-02-20
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd July 2016, 09:37 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Szentes

Donate to Me
More
GApps
If you want to install GApps, we recommend Open GApps Nano or BaNkS GApps.

An important note: as this is a pure AOSP ROM, installing GApps tends to be problematic: in order to try to avoid installation issues, be sure to install GApps immediately after installing the ROM, before booting the system for the first time. After the initial bootup finished, be sure to go into Settings -> Apps, and grant every permission to every Google application - most importantly, Google Play services.
In the case of an upgrade, be sure to re-install the GApps package, as upgrading wipes /system. You shouldn't need to re-set the permissions afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siealex

One more note. DO NOT set up your Google account until you grant all permissions, otherwise you will be stuck on the initial setup.

Rooting
You can flash either the latest SuperSU or OpenSource SuperUser to get rooted.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2016, 10:31 AM |#3  
Flag palembang
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziyan

GApps
If you want to install GApps, we recommend Open GApps Nano or BaNkS GApps.

An important note: as this is a pure AOSP ROM, installing GApps tends to be problematic: in order to try to avoid installation issues, be sure to install GApps immediately after installing the ROM, before booting the system for the first time. After the initial bootup finished, be sure to go into Settings -> Apps, and grant every permission to every Google application - most importantly, Google Play services.
In the case of an upgrade, be sure to re-install the GApps package, as upgrading wipes /system. You shouldn't need to re-set the permissions afterwards.

Rooting
You can flash either the latest SuperSU or OpenSource SuperUser to get rooted.

Wow, i saw this rom on galaxy nexus section. Does this rom included CMA?
3rd July 2016, 10:34 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Szentes

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiary

Wow, i saw this rom on galaxy nexus section. Does this rom included CMA?

No, at least not yet. I think that the big thing for this will be 3.4 in the near future - I made some very good progress with it, aside from camera not working yet, there are only minor problems remaining
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2016, 10:56 AM |#5  
Noname1
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Thank you for everything , dear friend ! And for the support of the old device , and what you are doing and Andi for us ordinary users .
I understand correctly , that support will only 6.0.1 Android N and we do not see , because the device and its old base ?
3rd July 2016, 11:07 AM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Szentes

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az-09

I understand correctly , that support will only 6.0.1 Android N and we do not see , because the device and its old base ?

Before every new Android release, we devs get all sorts of questions like this. I'd like to say it once and for all: there's no such thing as 'we do not see' the next versions and whatnot. People are being negative for some reason, but we always try and succeed in the end... I'm sure that if you start reading past posts, you'll find a lot of people saying that we1l never see Lollipop or Marshmallow due to the device being too old, lol.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2016, 03:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,764

More
Download link?
It just says look at the top of the page? Is it soon?

Thanks for the new ROM....keep it up!
All the best...
3rd July 2016, 03:36 PM |#8  
Flag palembang
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz_

Download link?
It just says look at the top of the page? Is it soon?

Thanks for the new ROM....keep it up!
All the best...

check download tab section.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bastiary For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bastiary Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 04:13 PM |#9  
Flag Trieste
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Hello! The ROM with the codename "espresso" is for the version: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi P3110 / P3113 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Wi-Fi P5110 / P5113. Namely we talk about all versions with codename "espressowifi"?!
3rd July 2016, 04:34 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Szentes

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickmod

Hello! The ROM with the codename "espresso" is for the version: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi P3110 / P3113 and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Wi-Fi P5110 / P5113. Namely we talk about all versions with codename "espressowifi"?!

Yes, that's correct.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ziyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2016, 09:13 AM |#11  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Dear Mr. @Ziyan,
1stable congrat and thx Sir for being ROM Maker, we would love to see you update it regularly and add these:
*feature list
*changelog
*screenshot

~Omaple~

"...stay success and keep tab 2 alive at least till 2020"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)