[ROM][7.x][unified] OmniROM

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
https%3A%2F%2Fomnirom.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F11%2Fomnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

OmniROM
Android 7.x
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Unified)

[#WHATSOMNI]

[#WARRANTY]

Downloads:
[#DLGITHUBIO]

Important notes:
Why does the initial boot take so long?!
- I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

[#INFOOMNI]

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
[unified][espessowifi/espresso3g] OmniROM 7.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
Android-Andi, Ziyan
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
Last Updated 2017-08-24

...... currently my favorite besides Unlegacy-Android.

You're right, I also find the most successful version of nougat. Thank you for your great work.

edit: since a few days I've been using OmniRom on my p5110 and have not been able to detect any problems. Perfect work. Thanks Andi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Android-Andi

Ziggy54

May 23, 2016
Hi Andi! thank you for all the countless hours you spent developing and keeping our old devices alive :good:...
I am a huge fan of your work ... I recently installed omni7 on my p3110 tab and I faced the following issue: when I take a picture with the camera app in landscape mode it goes well but I cant say the same about portrait mode coz app keeps stopping ... hope you help me (sorry for my English) :crying:

Oldnobby

Apr 11, 2016
London
Hi @Android-Andi
I just recently tried this ROM which surprised me the tweaks and themes it's excellent well done 5 stars, that's what SLIM7 is missing a theme setting, but still my favorite :)
This ROM run as smooth and nice with magisk, I found a problem on the main setting were is wireless & network next to the button "MORE" when I try to open it keeps FC just like on this picture...can you tell if I miss or done something wrong? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171207-230846.png
    Screenshot_20171207-230846.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 3,086
  • Screenshot_20171207-222930.jpg
    Screenshot_20171207-222930.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3,087
Last edited:

zmuda

Feb 27, 2008
Sorry, during installation on my P5110 with TWRP, i read :

ERROR 255.

Why ? What's the problem ? Can you help me ?

zmuda

Feb 27, 2008
Without recovery log it is impossible to analyze your problem...
Perhaps the archive is corrupted. Did you check the checksum? And did you use a proper version of TWRP?
so, my situation :
- TWRP_3.2.0-0.
- omni-7.1.2-20171120-gts210vewifi-WEEKLY
- archive is ok
- Did you check the checksum? NO

zmuda

Feb 27, 2008
Oh my God !!!!!
Is this omni-7.1.2-20170823-2235-espressowifi-HOMEMADE ??

so, my situation :
- TWRP_3.2.0-0.
- omni-7.1.2-20171120-gts210vewifi-WEEKLY
- archive is ok
- Did you check the checksum? NO
Aehm, are you sure you tried the correct ROM? It should be named like https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195924813 ... Espressowifi is different to gts210vewifi.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Oh my God !!!!!
Is this omni-7.1.2-20170823-2235-espressowifi-HOMEMADE ??
Sure.

Reactions: zmuda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fomnirom.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F11%2Fomnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-250px-150x150.png

OmniROM
    Android 7.x
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Unified)

[#WHATSOMNI]

[#WARRANTY]

Downloads:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Important notes:
    Why does the initial boot take so long?!
    - I had to sacrifice dexpreopt because of wifi issues while it was enabled. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes. I also suggest to wait some minutes before running the SetupWizard if you use Gapps.

My RIL doesn't work, i don't get mobile data!
    Sorry guys, some of you tried to force me to release Nougat Roms (and here we are) even if i haven't solved known bugs like RIL issues. Source is open for everyone, feel free to fix it yourself.

[#INFOOMNI]

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified][espessowifi/espresso3g] OmniROM 7.x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2017-08-24
    Last Updated 2017-08-24
    Reserved

Some Screenshots for screamer
    Read your github.io August note and wanted to say thanks... not for keeping my Galaxy Tab2 7" alive; thanks for doing something that touched the lives of countless others.

I know, it's fan service, but who cares - thanks for being "awesome"!
    Thanks for your words. I am doing quite good right now, replacing stuff in the apartment etc. It's now official that I'll stay here, even if it's hard because of my income, but some months will show how well i get the apartment situation done or not. Maybe I need a second job on weekends... Or collecting empty bottles.

Still sorting stuff in private life, money and stuff bought together are managed now with my Ex, we had a long talk (about 90min) ... We haven't talked that much and long for years I guess.

Step by step, time will show.

Guess I'll be back here with Android stuff sometimes later this year. Maybe I push some rom updates before without any notes, who knows. Updated my chromium last week and silently pushed it to github.
    Sorry guys, I am out of Android stuff.
    Private life changed a lot and currently I've no interest on working on Android.

Currently I am actively working on a Photobooth Webapp for the raspberry pi in the Limited I have for such stuff. Maybe someone follows my work there in future too and/or helps on keeping it multilingual in future too https://github.com/andi34/photobooth
    (Spanish and Greek are currently not well translated for example and could need some updates).

My used sources for Tab2 family are still open for everyone if someone likes to continue where I left.

Thanks for the time here on XDA, I've met a lot of great people and learned a lot of things!
    New build is up.

Who likes can test to set
    Code:
    config.disable_atlas=true
    In build.prop an see if it improves something.

I've added my own Chromium browser by default now.
    Information can be found here:
    https://github.com/andi34/prebuilts_chromium/blob/master/README.md