FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[x86][GApps] FrankenGApps 20140826 4.4.x *UPDATED! Stable! Universal!*

630 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,112

By Restl3ss, Senior Member on 14th August 2014, 06:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
DO NOT FLASH THIS ON A TOUCHWIZ ROM. AOSP BASED ONLY

This is a custom GApps package I created to work with x86 devices (namely, our tab) as the normal GApps packages available are arm-only. (and no, to those who would ask, it's not as simple as downloading PA-GApps and swapping the update binary. The actual files therein are NOT x86 compatible, namely, the libs.)

UPDATE 1: With the release of 4.4. for the P5210, I am pleased to announce that this is now a full, complete, stable GApps package
It contains everything found in the PA-GApps stock zip plus:
-Hackers keyboard
-Root browser
-Xperia home

note that Hacker's keyboard and Xperia home are just there in case google keyboard / google home don't work out of the box. I don't anticipate any problems, but just to be sure. After some feedback / testing i'll remove these if people want. Root browser however is here to stay

UPDATE 2:
As of the 20140823 build, this is now a UNIVERSAL x86 GApps package, meaning it will work on ANY x86 device running 4.4.x with zero tinkering to the zip. I did this by using a slightly modified pa-gapps updater-script coupled with an x86 update-binary.

UPDATE 3:
The 20140826 build is mostly bug fixes. The updater-script in the 20140823 build was broken. This is now fixed. Google + was broken. This is also fixed.
Google keyboard was broken. This too, is now fixed.

Tested this build myself. All is well.

For those who want a ROM to try this with, head over to @moonbutt74 's thread "odds, ends tests". He posted a successful 4.4.4 build from a few days ago on i think the 4th or 5th post (though it is by NO MEANS dd ready. We're working on it)

DOWNLOAD LINK IS BELOW.

If you want to use this for any reason other than personal use, ask me first, unless you just want to include a link on your ROM thread. If you do want to include a link in your ROM thread, link to this thread, not the download link below.

Download link:FrankenGApps-x86-20140826
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Restl3ss Ad-Free

15th August 2014, 07:10 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
old builds:

20140823 build:
FrankenGApps-x86-20140823.zip
The updater script in this build is broken. On top of that, if you fix it yourself, google + and google keyboard are borked.

20140814 build:
FrankenGApps-x86-20140814.zip
This build only works with the tab 3 10.1.

Old legacy hackey build:
FrankenGApps-x86-20140813.zip
there is absolutely no reason to flash the 20140813 build over newer builds. The 20140813 build is an unstable / hackey 4.2 gapps port, I'm just posting it for reference purposes. Naturally this build is unsupported. Please download the new build(s) from OP.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Restl3ss Ad-Free
19th August 2014, 07:30 PM |#3  
Flag Regensburg
Thanks Meter: 28

More
if i flash the build of 14th then i stuck on samsung boot logo. firmware was stock rooted deodexed 4.4.2. i have tryed it twice but always stuck on boot logo.
20th August 2014, 10:42 AM |#4  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspawnas

if i flash the build of 14th then i stuck on samsung boot logo. firmware was stock rooted deodexed 4.4.2. i have tryed it twice but always stuck on boot logo.

I was sameway, so I just downloaded the update from "sammobile" installed it and used " super Su from chailfire to get root also used root explore to take out the apps I did not need.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghforlife For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghforlife Ad-Free
20th August 2014, 11:24 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
@evilspawnas
@ghforlife

Why did you flash this on a touchwiz rom?
This zip is meant for aosp based ROMs like cm11. (I tested this package on @moonbutt74's wip cm11 build, works like a charm)

Besides, TW Roms have GApps built in :P
20th August 2014, 04:07 PM |#6  
Flag Regensburg
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

@evilspawnas
@ghforlife

Why did you flash this on a touchwiz rom?
This zip is meant for aosp based ROMs like cm11. (I tested this package on @moonbutt74's wip cm11 build, works like a charm)

Besides, TW Roms have GApps built in :P

Oh, sorry, but all the other devices have cm 11, it´s like my normal behaviour to flash gapps... shame on me
23rd August 2014, 10:45 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
Just updated to 20140823.

As of now, this GApps package is universally compatible with all x86 devices running 4.4.x. Zero tinkering to the zip necessary.
27th August 2014, 05:44 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
Just updated to 20140826. This build fixes updater-script, google keyboard, and google +. Read "update 3" in OP for more info.
27th August 2014, 06:38 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Nice

Another stone in building our road to CM11. Thanks.
I know many will used this update.

To be honest, I am forced to used the market, but try to stay away from C I A applications. I am sorry did I say C I A. My apologies it is the Alzheimer, I mean Google.

( Central Intelligent in Android)
1st November 2014, 06:11 PM |#10  
Flag Albion
Thanks Meter: 19

More
so how would one go about installing this on a dell xps12 running intels official haswell build of kitkat?

(https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/android-4.4.2r1-ia0)

Manually place the files with root explorer?

thanks
6th November 2014, 06:16 AM |#11  
Flag columbus indiana
Thanks Meter: 25

More
i love your rom man..been running pimpdroid since day 1 of this tablet...this is the only kitkat rom for this device on kitkat..im bout to try your modified gapps ...im not near as a advanced user than you..and i dont really understand some of the things you talk about..but im gonna go ahead and ask...what are the advantges of installing this gapps package opposed to keeping the ones flashed with your pimpdroid rom?....sorry if this is a dume question...this is first ive seen of a modified gapps package...can u be more specfic bout what would be diff?...or is it jus a more like internal thing..and i wont really notice nothing diff being a nebie and all i guess..dont really consider myself such a nebie..but compared to dev like yourself..def..am..
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky_515 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucky_515 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, aosp, frankenstein, gapps, x86

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)