FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel] kerNoleOC for T31x (OC and UV) v6 Updated 4/15/17

3,941 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,681
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to kerNoleOC, an overclocked kernel for T31x devices!!

This kernel should work for all Lineage14.1-based roms.

THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR STOCK TOUCHWIZ-BASED ROMS (may release one later)

kerNoleOC is based on the same kernel we use for Lineage with only the required changes to implement 1.8ghz OC and Undervolting.

There are two one version for each device:
  • kerNoleOC-1.8 - defaults to 1.8ghz on startup (approximate 15-18% boost in Antutu benchmark)
  • kerNoleOC-1.6 - defaults to 1.6ghz on startup

NOTE: Use your favorite cpu control app to apply the OC/UV settings that work best for your device.

Not every device will perform well at 1.8ghz. If you have issues, choose a lower setting or return to the kernel provided with your rom.


DOWNLOADS
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=49113


INSTALLATION
  • Download the .img file of your choice and flash using TWRP or Flashify.



DISCLAIMER:
If you are not familiar with the effects that running an overclocked kernel can have on your device, then you probably should not flash this kernel. I take no responsibility for anything you choose to do to your device.



Many of the features (prior to CM13) for this kernel are credited to @ketut.kumajaya and @tohenk.

Source
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 11:01 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I'm very new with custom kernels, so in this particular kernel what are the benefits in battery life and performance on the tablet? Sorry if it isn't a proper question. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-T311 mediante Tapatalk
9th February 2016, 11:33 PM |#4  
gr8nole's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 8,681
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AharonBLevi

I'm very new with custom kernels, so in this particular kernel what are the benefits in battery life and performance on the tablet? Sorry if it isn't a proper question. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-T311 mediante Tapatalk

Increased cpu speed can provide faster performance (battery life may be a little less).

In my Antutu benchmark tests, I saw an increased score of about 18%.

Overclocked kernels aren't typically used if you are looking for the best possible battery life, but this kernel also provides undervoltage control. By undervolting, you can gain battery life, but you have to be careful with the settings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 11:35 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

Increased cpu speed can provide faster performance (battery life may be a little less).

In my Antutu benchmark tests, I saw an increased score of about 18%.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Enviado desde mi SM-T311 mediante Tapatalk
9th February 2016, 11:58 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Hey Gr8nole (and others who may know); what is a recommended app for overclocking? I'd like to try the 1.8 version but have never o/c'd a tablet.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
10th February 2016, 12:05 AM |#7  
gr8nole's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 8,681
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pally01

Hey Gr8nole (and others who may know); what is a recommended app for overclocking? I'd like to try the 1.8 version but have never o/c'd a tablet.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I usually use TricksterMod kernel settings or Kernel Adiutor (yes, that is how it is spelled).

I believe TricksterMod requires Busybox to be installed separately though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
10th February 2016, 12:09 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

I usually use TricksterMod kernel settings or Kernel Adiutor (yes, that is how it is spelled).

I believe TricksterMod requires Busybox to be installed separately though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great. Thanks. I'm gonna put away this old S1 Captivate I'm playing with and try some overclocking on my tablet

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
10th February 2016, 07:17 AM |#9  
ms6's Avatar
Member
Flag kochi,kerala,india
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
How to install the kernole oc ... I have bliss 6.0 t311

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk
Thanhtho96
10th February 2016, 07:26 AM |#10  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms6

How to install the kernole oc ... I have bliss 6.0 t311

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk

Flash it via recovery mama

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
10th February 2016, 07:33 AM |#11  
ms6's Avatar
Member
Flag kochi,kerala,india
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
OK bro.....going to flash 1.8

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

But wats difference b/w 1.8 and 1.6

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes