I am creating this thread as a place to discuss development of unofficial CM13 builds for the T31x devices. Those of you that have been around here for a while already know that I tend to get busy with other stuff and disappear a times. So, with that said, if you would like to contribute to the development of this rom, please feel free to do so. I can make you a contributor and you will have the ability to modify this OP as required.
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
IRC Channel for Development Chat: I am usually on weekdays 7-4 EST
What Doesn't Work:
- Bluetooth has audio issues
- External SDCard will not work as "internal" storage
- Make sure you're running latest TWRP 3.0.2-0
- Copy GApps and CM ZIPs to your internal or external SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Perform WIPE:
- In TWRP, select Wipe --> Advanced Wipe.
- Check Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Cache, and Data
- Swipe to Wipe
- Flash GApps zip
Updating to a newer version of THIS rom ("dirty" flash)
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM zip (no need to re-flash gapps or wipe anything)
If you have any issues after doing a "dirty" flash, do a clean install before reporting any problems.
OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org (use an ARM, 6.0 zip) - now on tap needs mini or higher.
HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package when flashing your rom. If you boot your rom, then try to flash gapps later, you will have issues.
For a list of CM changes, you can review the i9300 nightly changelog located HERE.
The i9300 is a similar platform to ours, so most of what is listed there will be applicable for us, unless it is i9300 device specific.
DEVICE SPECIFIC SOURCES
- Kernel: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_k...msung_smdk4x12
- Common T31x device: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_d...ng_lt01-common
- SM-T311: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_d...samsung_lt013g
- SM-T310: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_d...msung_lt01wifi
- SM-T315: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_d...amsung_lt01lte
- CyanogenMod Team, CyanogenMod and AOSP contributors.
- @ketut.kumajaya, for his earlier work in the Tab 3 community.
- @tohenk, for his CM-12.1 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 builds/fixes.
If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!
CM13 for T31x, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Firmware Required: KitKat Firmware
Based On: CyanogenMod 13
Last Updated 2017-01-03