Originally Posted by emreturan_
Hi guys. When I try back to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 odin is failing. I use XEF 4.4.2 for France kitkat. I want to go back JB. I want official rom.
Sorry for my bad English. Please help me.
Thanks. My device = SM-T310
If I understand you correctly, your Galaxy Tab 8.0 is currently on 4.4.2 - either NE9 or NG1. You tried to use ODIN and flash the MK1 (4.2.2), but it failed.
Firstly, I haven't downgraded modem or the whole firmware myself on my Galaxy Tab 3, but I did it for my Galaxy S4 phone. It requires that you flash it twice. Here is what I would do.
1. Go back to SamMobile, and download the Kitkat firmware that you currently have (NE9 or NG1). Use ODIN to flash it and make sure that ODIN is working. This serves as your safety net; i.e., whenever things go wrong, you know you can at least bring your tablet back to a working state.
2. Now try to downgrade just the modem (not the entire firmware).
Read Post #19 on this page. This is what you need to do for "flashing the modem twice with ODIN".
To get your own modem.bin file, you need to extract it from the md5 file:
- find the MK1 md5 file you downloaded from SamMobile earlier,
- unzip it, and you will see the modem.bin file
3. Finally, use ODIN to flash the entire firmware (MK1 md5).
Proceed at your own risk.