FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: When available, which lollipop do you want?

AOSB

8 Vote(s)
6.96%
AOKP

12 Vote(s)
10.43%
Carbon

36 Vote(s)
31.30%
DirtyUnihorn

1 Vote(s)
0.87%
OmniROM

24 Vote(s)
20.87%
ParanoidAndroid

26 Vote(s)
22.61%
Pacman

4 Vote(s)
3.48%
SlimROM

34 Vote(s)
29.57%
other... (you suggest)

4 Vote(s)
3.48%

[ROM][p6800/p6810/i815](6Oct2015)CyanogenMod 12.1 Unofficial

1,628 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,280

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 17th November 2014, 06:38 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
18th November 2014, 11:11 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prohackerbro

jep youre right... will try to somehow get it running on the p6810. great work daniel, but is the new flashable zip format somehow different? dont see any files in the /system (only bin) but a big file in the root of the zip...(cant acess sys files).... sorry if i missed something

Yeah, the new zip has different format. It's an system image. This way is faster and no need to set permission afterward.

Lollipop use the ART which take longer to boot at the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydu

Very weird for me as I cannot get the keyboard to appear to enter my wifi password.

I note that the H+ symbol appears on my mobile, so not sure if that is picking up mobile data or just a red herring.

I did use another universal gapps -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ition-t2943330

So maybe I am causing my own problems, but the gapps work on my oneplus without any issue.

The file in goo.im is ok. ~200M. It might take time to refresh.

See if you can see/edit APN. You can have mobile data if you can access APN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezaswandira

the chinese one.. the zip on gooim looks suspicious since its only 19MB or so, so i tried the chinese one

Take a look at the last screenshot in post#2. It show you how to enable the keyboard.

Good luck guys.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free

19th November 2014, 09:31 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

Pay attention to the OP, its a known issue and there's a workaround to fix it
Simply skip everything in the setup guide and go to settings to enable the keyboard, then add your google account

Perhaps you can show me it in the OP, as I have looked again and cannot see it as a known issue in the first post?

Quote:

Know issues:
1. GPS (seems the blob is not working in 5.0...)
2. Mobiledata is not working but Phone calls are OK. (Can't access APN...)
3. Bluez claimed the support for 5.0 (may be the Bluetooth apk from CM is not compatible)
4. Glitch during rotation as before (Can't keep up the new OpenGL, Old patch can only reduce it)
5. No Root solution for non-Nexus devices now.

I don't go looking at screenshots for clues as to issues with ROM's, but it seems I might have too, if that is what you are referring too, as so obvious??

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

Take a look at the last screenshot in post#2. It show you how to enable the keyboard.

Good luck guys.

Downloaded from goo 3 times and each time the file would not flash. Chinese site the file flashed first time. File sizes looked the same on disk.

Will give the APN a try.

Edit: I can edit the APN.

I guess its not about enabling it (as I know how to do that), its about enabling it after you have have skipped the complete setup, which I know goes to mobile data without wifi, which I don't have on this device.

I assume it will just error out and continue, as others have succeeded. Will give it a go.

Edit: It progresses without error.

Edit: Overall this is much smoother than the CM11 build, so I am going to give it a go as my daily as well

Edit: Wondering if the latest SuperSU beta helps in gain root? Will do some reading..

Thanks.
19th November 2014, 10:25 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

the chinese one.. the zip on gooim looks suspicious since its only 19MB or so, so i tried the chinese one

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

Yeah, the new zip has different format. It's an system image. This way is faster and no need to set permission afterward.

Lollipop use the ART which take longer to boot at the first time.

Good luck guys.

tryed to port to p6810, the bootlogo freezes after a couple of minutes, is this normal?
19th November 2014, 10:33 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Same problem .. zip file problem
(bad)
Installation aborted (chinese download too)...

There is other mirror or correct file?

Thank you
19th November 2014, 11:16 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I've used Chainfires latest beta of SuperSU 2.23 and have root for sd maid and others.

Seems some apps are not working according to his thread, but the few I use seem to be ok.

I can also edit the APN, so looks great to me (although i have not put data credit on my sim yet to try )

Very smooth build, thanks for that.

Edit: @prohackerbro the version for 6800 has frozen a couple of time for me on the cynogenmod boot logo, but a reboot allowed things to progress further.
@pinele the Chinese one worked fine for me, did you try a couple of times?
19th November 2014, 11:37 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

I've used Chainfires latest beta of SuperSU 2.23 and have root for sd maid and others.

Seems some apps are not working according to his thread, but the few I use seem to be ok.

I can also edit the APN, so looks great to me (although i have not put data credit on my sim yet to try )

Edit: @prohackerbro the version for 6800 has frozen a couple of time for me on the cynogenmod boot logo, but a reboot allowed things to progress further.

oh okay, so thats normal. im gonna try to reboot more imes now ;D
19th November 2014, 12:13 PM |#17  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

tryed to port to p6810, the bootlogo freezes after a couple of minutes, is this normal?

As those issues are not so important, I'll make this experimental build official.
I will post an update with all models later (hoping in next week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinele

Same problem .. zip file problem
(bad)
Installation aborted (chinese download too)...

There is other mirror or correct file?

Thank you

goo.im hate me. I can't check the md5 and uploading is not stable.
Anyway, I uploaded the file to AFH and reuploaded to goo.im. AFH has md5 checksum to verify..

Quote:

I'm quite sure chainfire will get the job done!
19th November 2014, 12:18 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

oh okay, so thats normal. im gonna try to reboot more imes now ;D

okay got it to work on wifi model, but it freezes sometimes, had to reboot 2 times now, im gonna try to install the gapps, wifi works, didnt try the rest because of this freezing. is there any undervolt;overclock.... enabled on this rom @daniel_hk ?
EDIT: correction
20th November 2014, 07:18 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
I'm going to give this ROM a try! Yesterday I tried an experimental CM12 on a TMobile Note 3 and found it surprisingly usable. When using the TMobile ROM some apps would force close but if older versions of those apps were used (ICS-era) for example, the apps would run fine.

Off we go!

UPDATE: This rom is great! WiFi is fast, works on 5GHz, camera took a picture. SuperSU 2.25 installed via .zip works, have root. ES File manager (lastest version) is working fine.

I notice the screen breaks up sometimes when rotating the screen. The breakup appears as a bunch of little vertical lines on the screen. It almost looks like an effect.

Off to have some more fun!

UPDATE2: Video output seems to be not working: YouTube, Dice Player, Gallery. As another poster indicated, I too get sound, no video -- streaming or local. Might try a fresh reinstall.
23rd November 2014, 12:50 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Daniel, hello Master!
How can flash this firmware? Via what version of cwm or twrp?
Are you going to release new/last build of CarbonROM?
Regards
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.1.1_r1, cm-12.1, galaxytab-7.7, lollipop, p6800
Previous Thread Next Thread