FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.1.1_r34][p6800/p6810](6April2016-Build1.8)SlimLP 5.1.1-.beta.0.15-UNOFFICIAL

682 posts
Thanks Meter: 443

By p3dboard, Senior Member on 15th September 2015, 01:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2015, 04:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

Questions and Answers

QS Torch - I'll try work out the code for this QS torch tile setting soon

i think this could be an issue with slimroms in general.
it wasnt working on slimbean last time i tried it and its currently not working on slimkat either. (im on daniels slimkat)

Quote:

Automatic Brightness Sensor - Have to do some more testing - Turning off Automatic Brightness, allows for a greater range of brightness

this issue is also present on daniels CarbonLP for me. either its related or somethings wrong with my p6800 thats duplicated on your p6810.

even tho its stable according to some, i think ill wait for a gps update before trying this out.
its times like these i wish we could have the dual/multi boot functionality.
way better and easier for the community to help test out the new/experimental builds.
especially for people like me whos using the p6xx as a daily driver.

good luck to you sir.

21st September 2015, 06:35 PM |#12  
Banja Luka
Thanks Meter: 2

More
HM i will try it and lett you know how it go on my P6800,the lollipop 5.1.1 from daniel,i dont know what is wrong,when the wi-fi is turned on,i cann not tell you how much the difference in performance is,when i turn it on,it become laggy unbearably,so i will check with this................
22nd September 2015, 09:17 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Still holding up well after installing some xposed modules
Turning on awesome player seemed to help with YouTube crashing randomly

Also, uploading a picture with fb messenger app crashes everything (need to hold down power button)
Think Daniel's roms didn't have this issue.
22nd September 2015, 09:27 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
I might need to increase the maximum memory amount for apps in the Build.prop,i set it to 256m, the default is 384m, but i dropped that lower as when some apps got to that size the rom's can become sluggish. I have had another app (real racing 3) lock up while trying to upload a game profile. I will play with the values some more. These are set in the build.prop file under /system/etc i have posted about them before in one of the other rom threads. If you are comfortable playing with the settings you could put them back to stock values and see if that fixes things for you and you can let me know. Thanks, Peter
The Following User Says Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
22nd September 2015, 11:59 AM |#15  
Banja Luka

More
Lag
Quote:

I might need to increase the maximum memory amount for apps in the Build.prop,i set it to 256m, the default is 384m, but i dropped that lower as when some apps got to that size the rom's can become sluggish. I have had another app (real racing 3) lock up while trying to upload a game profile. I will play with the values some more. These are set in the build.prop file under /system/etc i have posted about them before in one of the other rom threads. If you are comfortable playing with the settings you could put them back to stock values and see if that fixes things for you and you can let me know. Thanks, Peter

Something to REPORT,i dont know it this just on my tab or not,but,it doesn't matter do i use CyanogenMod 12 or Carbon,or this SlimLP,yesterday wehn i instaled Carbon,after 30min when i installed all my apps,the last one that i installed was Facebook,and when i set it,then it become unbelievably Lagg,and i then installed SlimLP,and didnt installed other apps just Facebook,and this Lagged to,just now it just restarted alone.......................is this just because of FB or what is it,i just cann not take it any more,when i see it,the best android was 4.0.1
22nd September 2015, 01:48 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Definitely Lollipop rom's are more memory hungry than Kitkat Rom's. I am enquiring with one or two other rom maintainers who say they have implemented some optimizations for devices with 1 Gb Ram, to see what changes they are adding to improve performance. So far the best performing Rom i find is still Slimkat 8.2, Android 4.4.4, but it maybe possible to tweak lollipop for better performance. I have read on the Galaxy s2 forum that Facebook is an app with issues on the s2 CyanogenMod 12.1 rom as well. I will do a bit of testing and hopefully with some input from some others we might be able to fix this, we really need a lollipop rom with low memory overheads. Have you tried Facebook on Daniel's omnirom builds? They are the closest to stock Android, and may work better

Edit: i just installed Facebook on my s2 phone with CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) and it seems to be ok, just wanted to test it on another 1gb ram device. The s2 has about 20mb more usable ram than our galaxy tab 7.7 due to lower screen resolution. Anyway, we will see what we can do to try improve things, a bit of trial and error,playing around
22nd September 2015, 02:16 PM |#17  
Banja Luka

More
Quote:

Definitely Lollipop rom's are more memory hungry than Kitkat Rom's. I am enquiring with one or two other rom maintainers who say they have implemented some optimizations for devices with 1 Gb Ram, to see what changes they are adding to improve performance. So far the best performing Rom i find is still Slimkat 8.2, Android 4.4.4, but it maybe possible to tweak lollipop for better performance. I have read on the Galaxy s2 forum that Facebook is an app with issues on the s2 CyanogenMod 12.1 rom as well. I will do a bit of testing and hopefully with some input from some others we might be able to fix this, we really need a lollipop rom with low memory overheads. Have you tried Facebook on Daniel's omnirom builds? They are the closest to stock Android, and may work better

no,i didnt try omnirom,i just used Daniel's Cyanogenom and Carbon,and this Slim,but when i charge my p6800 i will instal omni and try it.
22nd September 2015, 04:57 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoD93

no,i didnt try omnirom,i just used Daniel's Cyanogenom and Carbon,and this Slim,but when i charge my p6800 i will instal omni and try it.

Might wanna try fb lite
Always avoided the main app on lollipop roms,after fb the whole system just lags like mad
Fb lite is like a smaller version of the main app,the user interface is absolutely horrible,but hey it works~
24th September 2015, 02:00 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Just letting you all know that I have a fix for the Google Play movies not streaming DRM based content. I've posted about it in my Change Log.
The Following User Says Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 05:45 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipnzw

Still holding up well after installing some xposed modules
Turning on awesome player seemed to help with YouTube crashing randomly

Also, uploading a picture with fb messenger app crashes everything (need to hold down power button)
Think Daniel's roms didn't have this issue.

I just tested Facebook Messenger with the davlik memory value set at 320m, and it uploaded a photo fine in my test, no crash. So it may be a memory limitation. SlimLP seems to be lighter on Ram, it may even be ok with 384m, but 320m seems to working ok for me. Next build, I'll increase the /system/build.prop Ram value to at least 320m, possibly 384m.
24th September 2015, 10:01 AM |#21  

More
Nice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i815, lollipop 5.1, p6800, p6810, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)