FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.1.1_r34][p6800/p6810](6April2016-Build1.8)SlimLP 5.1.1-.beta.0.15-UNOFFICIAL

699 posts
Thanks Meter: 454

By p3dboard, Senior Member on 15th September 2015, 01:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th September 2015, 10:01 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Nice

24th September 2015, 11:45 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipnzw

Nice

New build for p6800 is uploading now. Should be there in the next 20 minutes
The Following User Says Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 04:28 PM |#23  
Banja Luka
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Omni
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

I just tested Facebook Messenger with the davlik memory value set at 320m, and it uploaded a photo fine in my test, no crash. So it may be a memory limitation. SlimLP seems to be lighter on Ram, it may even be ok with 384m, but 320m seems to working ok for me. Next build, I'll increase the /system/build.prop Ram value to at least 320m, possibly 384m.

I use for 2 days Omni Rom and i must say i am amazed,how well it go,tested FB+Messenger,and it is like 80% faster then on Cyanogenmod,Carbon and Slim,but 1 thing,i tested today asphalt 8 just to se how it go with stronger games,and i must say there is just no way that i cann play it,it just lag,and dont responde,but that is not mather to me ,i dont play ho demanding games,because i know that my tab is not the best for it
24th September 2015, 11:09 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoD93

I use for 2 days Omni Rom and i must say i am amazed,how well it go,tested FB+Messenger,and it is like 80% faster then on Cyanogenmod,Carbon and Slim,but 1 thing,i tested today asphalt 8 just to se how it go with stronger games,and i must say there is just no way that i cann play it,it just lag,and dont responde,but that is not mather to me ,i dont play ho demanding games,because i know that my tab is not the best for it

The reason why Asphalt 8 is running so bad, is the default /system/etc/build.prop value for opengles in Daniels builds is set to opengles 3.0, but our tablets gpu only supports 2.0. Not many games use opengles 3, but Asphalt 8 does. So it downloads from the play store the wrong version for our tablet.

The right value for opengles 2 is, ro.opengles.version=131072, after you set that, you will need to reboot, then clear the playstore apps data so it refreshes it's value. Then you can download the right version of Asphalt 8 that will work.
25th September 2015, 09:14 AM |#25  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Thanks for your efforts.

I attemted to test your rom on my P6800 but the last 24/09 release has an essensial problem.. Keyboard not appearing at all... It is obvious w/o keyboard no progress...

SM-T700 cihazımdan XDA Forums kullanılarak gönderildi
25th September 2015, 10:11 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas_sas

Thanks for your efforts.

I attemted to test your rom on my P6800 but the last 24/09 release has an essensial problem.. Keyboard not appearing at all... It is obvious w/o keyboard no progress...

Go settings input and languages
Turn of the physical keyboard input thingy
Its somewhere it there
The Following User Says Thank You to philipnzw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift philipnzw Ad-Free
25th September 2015, 12:46 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas_sas

Thanks for your efforts.

Yes, that's the next bug i am working on fixing, but as mentioned in my opening posts, there is a work around. You have to cancel any setup if you have Google play services installed. After go into language and input under settings and flip the hardware switch under current keyboard

I think i might have found some code to fix the problem at https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/903/2

Edit: Looking over Cyanogenmod code, they have already implemented this fix, but SlimLP hasn't added it to their code base, so I have added it to the source code and am doing a compile now. The only thing I think I need to work out is if I need a true / false value, but hopefully this should fix it.

Edit: This is the code and files I am modifying and compiling now (notes added to my change log.txt which I'll upload with a new build if I find it fixes the problem)
Code:
FILE:/frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/wm/WindowManagerService.java
# add after this line -final DisplayManager mDisplayManager;

private boolean mForceDisableHardwareKeyboard = false;

# add after mAnimator = new WindowAnimator(this);
        mForceDisableHardwareKeyboard = context.getResources().getBoolean(
                com.android.internal.R.bool.config_forceDisableHardwareKeyboard);

# add/modify - standard line boolean  boolean hardKeyboardAvailable = config.keyboard != Configuration.KEYBOARD_NOKEYS;

// Determine whether a hard keyboard is available and enabled.
            boolean hardKeyboardAvailable = false;
            if (!mForceDisableHardwareKeyboard) {
                mHardKeyboardAvailable = config.keyboard != Configuration.KEYBOARD_NOKEYS;
            }

FILE:/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/slim_symbols.xml
# Add this line just above <java-symbol type="bool" name="skip_radio_power_off_on_sim_refresh_reset" /> entry

<java-symbol type="bool" name="config_forceDisableHardwareKeyboard" />

FILE:/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml
# Add this line after <integer name="config_toastDefaultGravity">0x00000051</integer>

<!-- Workaround for devices with broken keyboards -->
    <bool name="config_forceDisableHardwareKeyboard">false</bool>
Edit: This bit of code I don't believe fixes the error after my initial test. What it does do is hide the Hardware option from the language and input, which allows us to fix the problem, but it's probably in this same bit of code I need to add the fix / default value.

Edit: My testing has confirmed that this code only removes the hardware option, doesn't set it. But I might be able to use this bit of code to help me start to find the option. I just need to find where the Default Value of this toggle switch is set, and then adjust the default to be turned on, instead of off.
The Following User Says Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
25th September 2015, 03:56 PM |#28  

More
Does this build have rro layers support?
Installed the rro managers but it says plugin not supported
Feel like messing around with themes but seems like it could be super memory hungry
25th September 2015, 11:24 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Feel like messing around with themes but seems like it could be super memory hungry

I haven't specifically added it to the SlimLP build, so it's probably not there. I can probably find out what needs to be included to add RRO layers, but I would say it will add to the memory overhead of the build, but not sure by how much.
27th September 2015, 04:43 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I've done a little bit more research, and the current SlimLP rom's that have RRO layers, have cherry-picked extra code from http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...s-rro-t3012172

So to add Layers, I'll have to incorporate that. Once I get the keyboard and torch bugs sorted, I'll look at that.

Just found a github source https://github.com/SlimBit that might have all the RRO Layers bits added... anyway I'll look at this later.
28th September 2015, 02:57 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Test report 1.4
I flashed the new 1.4 rom.
Performance is excellent. There are 2 problems…
1. When boot new rom after wipe, during account login keyboard did not show up.
2. Wifi ap cannot be turned on due to error.

Thanks for great works!
The Following User Says Thank You to curtislin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curtislin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i815, lollipop 5.1, p6800, p6810, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)