FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.1.1_r34][p6800/p6810](6April2016-Build1.8)SlimLP 5.1.1-.beta.0.15-UNOFFICIAL

701 posts
Thanks Meter: 455

By p3dboard, Senior Member on 15th September 2015, 01:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2016, 10:59 PM |#61  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemee

You can actually find them directly above or below this thread link on the Android Development page.

Or you can click this line.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to davidex46x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidex46x Ad-Free

3rd April 2017, 12:13 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
So far using Nougat ROMs on older devices even like the original nexus 7 or tab 7.7 has been fairly decent in terms of speed and stability.

Perhaps there is still some life for a few our older devices. All the efforts by the community has been fantastic to extending our devices life.

I wish that there was a simpler easier way to focus efforts on one stable, secure daily driver so we can efficiently continue to use our devices instead of always flashing new test ROMs which is fun but many times the devices get left in a less than perfect state & I may need to get rid of quality functional tech.
17th May 2017, 04:10 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I flashed the ROM and gapps but I dont seem to have an onscreen keyboard, hence I cannot type in any passwords etc. Any ideas

-------
nm. Found the solution to the keyboard bug a few pages back.
17th May 2017, 08:41 PM |#64  

More
Ah well, I ended up removing this ROM. Too many issues unfortunately. Every app I installed ended up crashing and/or rebooting the tablet, including chrome. Very slow performance for some reason.

Are there any other good alternatives for this tablet. I feel like it still has plenty of life left.
21st May 2017, 11:55 PM |#65  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen8Master

Ah well, I ended up removing this ROM. Too many issues unfortunately. Every app I installed ended up crashing and/or rebooting the tablet, including chrome. Very slow performance for some reason.

Are there any other good alternatives for this tablet. I feel like it still has plenty of life left.

From Android 5.0 and later, the wifi driver has a bug where uploads over a certain bit rate crash and reboot the rom. Daniel was the main technical person who worked on our kernel and drivers. All i did was learn how to compile the rom.

Daniels source files are still on his github, but not every source code change to fix bugs like the keyboard issue were posted, so without lots of extra time to try examine code and learn, i didn't look much further.

I have gone back to carbon rom 4.4.4 as it was a stable rom, although you need a google play services fix app to stop excessive battery drain from a bug with play services and an update service that stops the device from going into deep sleep. It's in the play store.

Maybe one day i might try compile a Lineageos rom, i would like to see if the kernel from the galaxy s2, galaxy note is compatible as it's the same exynos cpu. It's the same kernel for a few exynos devices, but i would probably have to figure out adding partition table details for the galaxy tab and other items, but it would bring the device to a slightly newer linux kernel, 3.0.101.

I think there's enough information in Daniel's github to do this, it is more of a time and learning barrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to p3dboard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p3dboard Ad-Free
28th May 2018, 05:58 PM |#66  

More
Better?
Which is Better?
This or Daniel Carbon Rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i815, lollipop 5.1, p6800, p6810, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)