[ROM][5.1.1_r26][p6800/p6810/i815](1Dec2015-Final) CARBON-LP Unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tonygamble

Jan 16, 2016
I successfully rooted my P6810 and got the Omni Lollipop running.

I thought I'd try the ROM of this thread. Even Daniel prefers it to the Omni!

I loaded a root.zip and then installed this ROM with TWRP.

It boots up but something must be wrong as, even when I have a good wifi connection, the browser simply hangs.

I even loaded the suggested GAPP and that hung as well - so I have tried reloading the ROM with no GAPP.

Must be a simple thing I am missing.

Can you move me on a step or two, please?

Tony
London UK

tonygamble

Jan 16, 2016
OK. Let me be more specific.

Without the GAPPS I get to the stage where I activate my wifi and go to the browser to see if I am connected. After that request about 'location' I just get a blank page. I type topics like BBC in the address bar but nothing happens. I thought there was reference to Google Accounts - but nowhere I can add mine.

Now with that GAPPS package installed a reboot brings me to a main screen with a right arrow. That takes me on to a revisit of the wifi and I put in the password.

Next I am told Checking for Connection and Checking for Updates.

At that stage I get a white blank screen. After ten minutes I abandon it - should I wait longer?

A reboot brings me back to Checking for Updates and that blank scree.

Can somebody help me, please?

Tony

Iridescens

Sep 25, 2014
OK. Let me be more specific.
--snip--
Can somebody help me, please?
Tony

Try my method of getting G-accs prior to 5.1.1
Also the 5.1.1 built-in browser seems dead to me too. Just don't use it, get Chrome/FF instead. Wi-Fi is working fine for me on several different routers, even 5GHz N-mode (having separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5).

A bit of salt here - my wife got a pretty darn hard lock-on today and is incapable to switch the Tab off! Still waiting for Tab to see wtf happened.

tonygamble

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks for that. I have given up on Carbon. I sent a log to one of the developers and he said:-

"I'm checking your log now. Seems chromium is the cause. That means the Webview inside my Carbon ROM is not working."

He tried to put it right with a patch. It did not work and as it was a matter of working on the framework we mutually agreed it was not worth the struggle.

From what we can see the Carbon team are not planning to create a Marshmallow rom - so I am not going to spend any more time looking at their software.

I am using CyanogenMod 12 for GalaxyTab-7..7 and it is stable. I'll try their Marshmallow when I get a bit more time.

Try my method of getting G-accs prior to 5.1.1
Also the 5.1.1 built-in browser seems dead to me too. Just don't use it, get Chrome/FF instead. Wi-Fi is working fine for me on several different routers, even 5GHz N-mode (having separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5).

A bit of salt here - my wife got a pretty darn hard lock-on today and is incapable to switch the Tab off! Still waiting for Tab to see wtf happened.

galoneta

Nov 15, 2010
Tried latest build CARBON-5.1.1-UNOFFICIAL-20151201-1644-p6210.zip with all minimum gapps available and all results in blank screen already described in previous posts by many users.
Maybe there are some fix for the rom, considering the fact that same gapps works fine in other 5.1 roms in other devices I have.
Maybe Daniel could help us sort this out! This is the fastest and more stable rom for my P6210. I know about MM focus now and I am reporting / participating about 6.0 builds but this is the latest fully working rom. Maybe it deserves one more update?!
Thanks

Last edited:

porterhouse21

May 3, 2014
Moto Z4
Same Issue

I'm (i815) having the same issue as the last few posters with the last update... white screen when trying to add "google" account. On the initial start-up/set-up, i first did it step by step and added WiFi... but got white screen on account set-up. Then did total wipe and re-flashed rom and latest gapps, but skipped initial set-up and got the tab working, but couldn't download apps because i still couldn't add google account without getting the white screen. Even went as far as downloading the rom from all other sources incase i had gotten a bad copy, all other copies had the exact same problem.

Please fix this issue since this is (was) the only stable 5.1 rom for our tablets.... not to mention that this was the DevDB project......

tonygamble

Jan 16, 2016
galunta and porterhouse.

I'd say you are wasting your time nagging. Read my message about three posts up from here.

Daniel is not going to do any more work on the Carbon rom and it seems that the originators of Carbon are no longer working as a team.

People are having success with this. Why not give it a try if you want Marshmallow.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-7-7/development/rom-android-marshmallow-experimental-t3234388

It still has bugs so I am staying with Lollipop - which seems stable to me.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-7-7...cyanogenmod-12-0-t2943774/page33#post65344880

Tony

I'm (i815) having the same issue as the last few posters with the last update... white screen when trying to add "google" account. On the initial start-up/set-up, i first did it step by step and added WiFi... but got white screen on account set-up. Then did total wipe and re-flashed rom and latest gapps, but skipped initial set-up and got the tab working, but couldn't download apps because i still couldn't add google account without getting the white screen. Even went as far as downloading the rom from all other sources incase i had gotten a bad copy, all other copies had the exact same problem.

Please fix this issue since this is (was) the only stable 5.1 rom for our tablets.... not to mention that this was the DevDB project......

Reactions: danderrion

DTizL

Jun 9, 2014
What fixed the white screen issue for me was to flash 'Google Webview addon' in recovery. The stock webview obviously has some issue with the 1 Dec 2015 Carbon release.

In the OP on the Delta gapps link, under the section "Additional Lollipop & Marshmallow gapps addons from Play Store:", just look for 'Google Webview addon for 5.0.2+'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5.1.1_r26][p6800/p6810/i815](1Dec2015-Final) CARBON-LP Unofficial

This is an experimental build of the CARBON-LP 5.1.1 for our Samsung GalaxyTab 7.7. This is to answer the poll in my cm-12.1 thread.

*** As promise earlier, I released this final version of Carbon-LP. ***

Release notes:
    2015/12/01
    To save time, I didn't make a clean build last time. There were various issue because of that. This time I make a clean build. It is update to the latest and final source of Carbon and CM-12.1. I also include the latest RIL blobs and library I prepared for M. Mali blobs and kernel driver update to API 29 too. Hoping this would be a better closure. :)

2015/11/06
    As M is out, this thread is going to close. Carbon is one of my favorite ROM I intended to keep it all the time. This would be the last build for Carbon-LP. There are still some minor issues but this was my daily driver. Hope you guys love it too. See you in Marshmallow, Bye! :D

2015/9/19
    Working on the kernel backport for a few weekends. Finally, kernel bluetooth is now backport-3.18.1. CM and Carbon is now 5.1.1_r18 (LVY48F) but Carbon forgot to change that. Hoping it's getting better and better. ;)

2015/8/12
    It's been so long for an update. After I reconfigured my hard drive, CarbonROM was not ready. Struggled for a week to get it work. Hoping everything are in the right place... ;)

2015/6/16
    The first release for CARBON-LP (LMY48B). It is based on cm-12.1 so some issues are inherited. It is quite stable. cheers! :D

Change log: :victory:
    Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/12/1[/COLOR]
      - Final CarbonROM source 5.1.1_r26 (LMY48Y)
      - RIL blobs and libraries update from my M builds
      - New RIL_Clase for p6800, p6200 & t869
      - libgralloc_ump fix
      - kernel update follows M
      - Update Mali blobs to API 29
      - Update kernel Mali driver accordingly
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/11/6[/COLOR]
      - Latest CarbonROM source 5.1.1_r24 (LMY48W)
      - Various update from cm-12.1
      - A few minor fixes in UI
      - update to latest Bluez 5.36
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/9/19[/COLOR]
      - Latest CarbonROM source 5.1.1_r18 (LVY48F)
      - kernel bluetooth backport-3.18.1
      - add the missing apn default to i815
      - update to latest Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/8/12[/COLOR]
      - Latest CarbonROM source 5.1.1_r6 (LMY48G)
      - Set default platform orientation to portriat
      - Fix wifi password cleared
      - add non PIE support
      - update the device tree
      - update to latest Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/6/16[/COLOR]
      - Latest CarbonROM source 5.1.1_r3 (LMY48B)
      - add Performance control app
      - Fix Torch in QS
      - Default H/W keyboard enabled
      - Fix rotation for Landscape default devices
      - latest Bluez support

Know issues: :(
    Mainly inherited from CyanogenMod.
    1. i815 data support (not confirmed)
    2. Please report....

Downloads: :highfive:
    AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=33758
    d-h.st: http://d-h.st/users/danielhk/?fld_id=45762#files
    mirror1: 百度网盘

Use the latest Delta gapps: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2997368

** TWRP 2.8.6.x or above is required.
    Carbon inherit cm's root access. You may replace it by flashing SuperSU-24x.zip in recovery.

Source: :cool:
    kernel & device trees github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The CarbonROM team.
    ** The CyanogenMod team.
    ** All those donated to me.
    ** All those help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

XDA:DevDB Information
    CARBON-LP Unofficial , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Contributors
    daniel_hk
    Source Code: https://github.com/danielhk

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2015-06-16
    Last Updated 2015-12-01
    Hi Daniel,
    Just installed the new build, and working nicely. I'll do a bit more testing to do with video playback and smoothness, but so far it is working nice. The main bug if you are able to fix is the DRM based video content playback, such as videos from the Play Movies app (hired content from Google Playstore / Owned video's) - the Rom is currently missing the needed files to support this. I mentioned the same bug on the CM 12.1 rom.

Thanks for your hard work :)

Peter
    I found a workaround, if you download the content rather then stream you can play the videos. So its an issue with the streaming of the DRM based content. I found an old bug mentioning the same issue, but it was fixed a while back, https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-3040 but I think the same bug is back
    Thanks Daniel for your ongoing efforts.
    Tested the last release but I am afraid it is quite laggy...

By now I have observed that the least laggy rom is Omni. But even this is getting more laggy in time.. Battery vise it is perfect...
    I wonder if there is a way to solve this laggy situation coming out in time in order to make Omni perfect..

SM-T700 cihazımdan XDA Forums kullanılarak gönderildi

Even though my Nexus 7 (2012) has 200M more RAM and 4 cores, it is quite laggy when updated to L. I tried many ROMs (Built by myself and others). They perform more or less the same. I can say AOSP base is better than CM base now.

Personally, I'm using my 7.7 more often than before now. I can't say it's my daily driver but it perform observably better than my Nexus 7... I observed that some apps would make things worse when installed. Current apps are getting more and more bulky and memory hunger. I just install some essential apps only and I don't have problem as my Nexus 7. It is definitely usable for myself.

We can't change the hardware of our tab. The only thing we can do is choosing what to install. Just don't restore everything you have before. Try one by one to see which one cause problem.

I'll try to remove some unused services later. It's a trade-off for performance and compatibility. Right now I'm working on the kernel drivers and hoping to squeeze the last drop of it.

Good luck!
    RE: G-account problem

There are some major corrections to previous post from @Trung Gs.

I managed to solve the inability to add Google account by doing this:
    1) Flashed a 4.4.4r2 Carbon-LP. Wipe/format data as usual.
    2) Configure the G-account(s) on 4.4.4. Add all accounts that you plan to use, there will be no opportunity to add in 5.1.1. You can't just switch back to 4.4.4.
    3) DO NOT FORMAT OR WIPE DATA/CACHE! TWRP-flash this 5.1.1 and appropriate GApps (I used Delta from first post). DO NOT FORMAT OR WIPE DATA/CACHE!
    4) Reboot to System. Wait until rebuilds and optimizations will settle.
    5) You will see "Trebuchet" app loop-force-crashing. Worry not - it's only a launcher's old data. Your objective is to get to camera or anywhere else where Trebuchet will not freak out. Having get rid of the error pop-up, go to Setting, Apps, find one that have word "trebuchet" - and clear cahe and data. Now you've got your UI back.
    6) Check the Google system apps and clear ONLY cache, DO NOT CLEAR DATA.

Now you should have a working G-accounts on 5.1.1. :cool:
    Market is playing along nicely as well as Chrome and GMail.
    If you figure out any tricks to getting rid of the lag/sluggish, please report!

Carbon has consistently been the best rom for my 7.7.
    It may be to do with the Davlik heapsize settings in build.prop, check my comments in the cm 12.1 thread