[ROM][MTC20F][GalaxyTab7.7|Plus][13Aug2016 OmniROM-6]Android Marshmallow ROMs

1,609 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,011

By daniel_hk, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 27th October 2015, 01:08 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
29th August 2016, 09:11 PM |#661  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I read the recent post regarding Omni r62, so I decided to give it a try this weekend.

1. I flashed the Omni ROM with Pico Gapps and SuperSu 2.76 installer. However, I lost root right away and was not able to install the binary files. I had to reflash everything using an older version of Supersu 2.49. After that, Play Store automatically updated Supersu to 2.76 and everything was fine.

2. Every time I opened up the Apollo Music Player or Spotify, I would get an error saying that the DSP Manager was not working. I use ES Explorer and uninstall DSP Manager. This caused the music player to stop working altogether. However after I rebooted, everything seems to worked fine.

3. Sometimes videos fail to load in Netflix, YouTube and my favorite Boat Browser Mini. Chrome browser seems to deal with videos better. I don't know what is causing the issues with Netflix or YouTube. A reboot seems to clear things for a while.

4. When I read the last post, I installed the Omni video patch to see if it would fix the video problems. I'm not sure if that did anything to help in any way. The worst thing is that it wiped everything and I had to redo the setup from scratch.

5. Sometimes I lose the sound in games. Sometimes, I cannot upload files from tablet to Dropbox. A reboot seems to fix these and these bugs seems to be less frequent over time.

6. The random reboots in Omni are definitely not as bad as CyanogenMod and about the same as in dirty unicorns. The reboots maybe cause d by me rapidly switching apps and settings as I test all of my apps. I am probably over taxing the CPU and memory. The reboot time is about a minute. The reboot animation is not as flashy as DU, which can get annoying after a while.

7. During the upload phase of Speedtest, the tablet will reboot.

8. Overall, imo, this Omni rom is more stable than the CM or DU versions and is very usable on the P6210. Except for the bugs mentioned above, all my major apps work pretty well: spotify, netflix, calengoo,yahoo mail, dropbox, maps and streetview, gps, bluetooth speaker, wifi stable without disconnects, clash of clans, clash of lords, live holdem poker etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to funpig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funpig Ad-Free

30th August 2016, 04:16 AM |#662  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funpig

I read the recent post regarding Omni r62, so I decided to give it a try this weekend.

1. I flashed the Omni ROM with Pico Gapps and SuperSu 2.76 installer. However, I lost root right away and was not able to install the binary files. I had to reflash everything using an older version of Supersu 2.49. After that, Play Store automatically updated Supersu to 2.76 and everything was fine.

SuperSU 2.74, 2.76 and 2.77 do not work for me. I found that SuperSU 2.52 installed via TWRP without issues.

URL to SuperSU 2.52: https://download.chainfire.eu/743/supersu
30th August 2016, 06:42 AM |#663  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Seem all Marshmallow here can't install supersu 2.76 directly, it was updated from 2.49 or 2.52 base.
My tab 7.7 run Omni MM also get DSP manager error while playing music my act is go to settings - > apps then disable it then no pop-up issue music still play but in default music app only, CM13's audio mx work well.
My tab p6800 now works well with Omni r_62, all my favorites apps work very smooth no reboot except only one audio issue while playing music or youtube that sounds will be crashed, it's noise and have to reboot but it just happens when play music or youtube long time as after few hours
Who like to use Bluetooth then Omni is recommended
30th August 2016, 03:23 PM |#664  

More
Problem with gapp
Please Daniel. I have successfully installed the omni 6.0 downloaded from the first page and everything works fine I have also installed gapps and resolved some issues with it but I don't know how to solve the frequently pop up of unfortunately Google play service has stopped. I don't know how to do this through adb. Can you pleased show me the process or any other easy way. Thank. The ROM is running smoothly except the play store issue.
31st August 2016, 03:20 AM |#665  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,011

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehindeoladeji

Please Daniel. I have successfully installed the omni 6.0 downloaded from the first page and everything works fine I have also installed gapps and resolved some issues with it but I don't know how to solve the frequently pop up of unfortunately Google play service has stopped. I don't know how to do this through adb. Can you pleased show me the process or any other easy way. Thank. The ROM is running smoothly except the play store issue.

I mean no disrespect or rudeness but I don't know how many times I have to repeat again, again and again...

1. If you want to report, you need to provide detail. In this case, list your steps and the versions of files. That would be the only way I might know why.

I have repeated and repeated many many times. If you don't want to provide those detail, I'm begging you, PLEASE don't post here.

2. If you follow the guide in post#2 to flash, you won't have problem.

Even if you think you know how and/or don't want to read or follow, I have listed two ways to solve that.
If you still can't get it, read again and flash again. Otherwise, I don't think I'm qualify to share you anything.

I'm sorry to say that. From now on, these kind of posts would be ignored...
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
31st August 2016, 02:49 PM |#666  

More
Gapp issue
I am so sorry for not following your rules but this is my QST time. Of posting here. That is why. The process I followed are as follows
1. I downloaded the omni rom 6.0
2. Backed up my data and then flashed the omni rom 6 with twrp after I wiped the my cache and dalvic
3. I restarted the phone and everything was fine
4. Then I flashed my super user and restarted again
5. I downloaded the open gapp and flashed it with twrp
6. I restarted my phone and resolved the setup wizard crash of gapp as stated in the first page.
THE only thing I do not know how to go about now is the unfortunately Google play service has stopped error.
Thanks for your understanding.
31st August 2016, 08:25 PM |#667  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I don't want to offend daniel_hk or any rules, either. But please understand that this is one of the very few active threads on the ancient galaxy 7.7 and galaxy plus. The galaxy plus forum is pretty much dead now.

I believe that my recent posts are consistent with how other people posted feedback on the various versions of this rom inthe last 65 pages. Perhaps we are all doing it wrong.

I don't want to bother daniel_hk.. Perhaps another experienced member posters could advise us clearly and specifically:

1. What exactly is the detailed information required for proper feedback?
2. Screenshot of which screens?
3. How do we get the log? And what part of log do we post?

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehindeoladeji

I am so sorry for not following your rules but this is my QST time. Of posting here. That is why. The process I followed are as follows....

Kehindeoladeji, i am new at flashing custom roms etc., so take what i have to say with a grain of salt. The rebooting or restarting in between flashes may be your problem. I did it your way before and ran into a lot of problems with playstore. Now i completely wipe everything except external sd, flash rom.zip, gapps pico (i found the smaller the gapps, the better), supersu 2.49 (or 2.52), in that order all at the same time and then reboot at the end. If you look at TWRP, it allows you to queue up the items you want to flash.

I still have annoying freezes and reboots, but at least i am not having any google play services issues when i flash that way.

The latest omni rom was the one i could tolerate for the longest. But i still get more freezes/reboots in day than in a year under stock 4.1.2. I restore back to stock rom when i get too annoyed and find it faster and more stable. Fun to play with these custom roms, but if i want to run the latest rom and have the latest security updates, i just may have pony up the money and buy a new device.
The Following User Says Thank You to funpig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funpig Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android-6.0, galaxytab 7.7, galaxytab plus, marshmallow, omnirom
Previous Thread Next Thread