FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM, Kernel, Recovery][6.0/5.X/4.4.4][P7300/P7310] Jolie contributions

1,133 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,593

By jolinnard, Senior Member on 12th November 2014, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I open this thread to continue the great work of @OmarEinea and kasper with his kernel. I will try to update all possible ROMs with a new kernel improvements and all what we can add to this good setup. Kernel has new cherry picks from Faux, loosethisskin, A1 and others.

New Marshmallow ROMs here

Actually, we are very happy with AOSP ROMs that decatf build for P75xx. They are not perfect and there are a few issues. Known bugs:
  • Mobile data not working for p5 users
  • OC upper that 1400 MHz cause reboots and instability.
  • SELinux is completely disabled in my ROMs (we don't have a working modern TWRP yet)
  • Maybe other bugs and issues, but in general, p5wifi ROM works fine for a daily use, gaming, etc.

Current Lollipop 5.1.1 ROMs (AOSP, decatf's build) (in beta state)
P7310 = aosp-5.1.1-p5wifi-20150513.zip
P7300 = aosp-5.1.1-p5-20150513.zip
GAPPS = p75xx-gapps-L-5-6-15_selinux_OFF.zip

Flash instructions
  • Wipe factory reset if you come from another ROM/version.
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Flash SuperSU
  • In 5.1 kernel works sweet, thanks to decatf's work

New recoveries with F2FS support
(these recoveries can't format to f2fs all partitions, the only difference is in kernel, that has support to mount f2fs partitions)
twrp2710_p5_f2fs.zip (P7300)
twrp2710_p5wifi_f2fs.zip (P7310)
Other Lollipop and KitKat ROMs:
Old 5.0.2
  • OmniROM v5.0.2 compiled by @AAcount. Download latest here.
  • decatf's AOSP v5.0.2: Download latest here.

Nameless 4.4.4 ROMS Download + Figue Kernel
(this is a port of Nameless for 75xx devices, done by @BeeGee_Tokyo)
EXT4 version (stock Samsung partition setup)
nameless-4.4.4-20141108-p5wifi-HOMEMADE.zip
nameless-4.4.4-20141108-p5-HOMEMADE.zip
F2FS version (/system and /cache are formatted to f2fs in flash process)
nameless-4.4.4-20141108-p5wifi-HOMEMADE-f2fs.zip
nameless-4.4.4-20141108-p5-HOMEMADE-f2fs-fixed2.zip
Liquidsmooth v3.2 Milestone + Figue Kernel v11 and pico pa_gapps
(This port comes from 75xx forum and is made by @deadman96385. Please thanks to him this great port).
F2FS version (/system and /cache are formatted to f2fs in flash process)
LS-KK-MileStone-3.2-p5wifi-system-cache-f2fs.zip
pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20141110-P75xx-P73xx.zip (this pa_gapps package should work in EXT4 or F2FS setup, and it should work in P75xx and P73xx devices.)
Gapps Download
EXT4 version
PA-GAPPS (mini version recommended)
F2FS version (mount process is patched to mount /system in any format)
pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20141110-F2FS.zip
Kernel Downloads
(Cherry picks, new configuration and lightweight)
Universal kernel for EXT4, F2FS and XFS partitions
Figue kernel autofstab v2 (p5wifi)
Figue kernel autofstab v2 (p5)
Changelog (KitKat releases):
  • Build with Linaro 4.6.4
  • Enabled 801 MB RAM (or 799MB according to "free -m"), original hack by @AAccount (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=908)
  • Address CVE-2014-3153 and CVE-2014-3153 (https://github.com/AAccount/android_...f16259c391daf4)
  • New script in /system/etc/init.d/figue-settings with all settings. Note: max and min freq are reset to 1000/216 after boot. Set those values with Device Control, Trickster or any other CPU management tool.
  • UKSM 0.1.2.3 merged (http://kerneldedup.org/en/projects/uksm/download/)
  • Removed lots of debug stuff
  • Changed allocator to SLUB
  • Available CPU governors: aggressive, wheatley, smartassV2, lulzactive, interactive, conservative, userspace, powersave, lionheart, ondemand and performance. Default is lionheart, set by the init script.
  • Frequencies are set to 216 MHz min. 1400 MHz max. by init script.
  • TCP congestion control set to westwood. Also available: reno, bic, cubic, vegas, veno and lp.
  • Schedulers available: noop, deadline, row, bfq, sio, sioplus, vr and tripndroid (default is deadline)
  • Other little improvements and tweaks
  • New in v12: Build is done with Linaro 4.7-2013.04-20130415
  • New in v13: Added Nightmare CPU governor from Nexus 5 Unleashed kernel. Added a few tweaks in deadline scheduler (I hope it will increase read storage performance).
  • New in v14: blkdev - tweak max nr_requests
  • New in v15: small tweaks in init script (zram and swappiness)
  • New in v16: Fixed ramdisk bugs, merged p4 kernel init.p3.rc. Some permissions in /data, devices and bluetooth tethering bug.
  • New in v17: F2FS code ported from latest Grouper kernel.
  • New autofstab series: Now, fstab is patched every time we flash a kernel zip. It supports EXT4, F2FS and XFS in all partitions.

Legacy downloads
Omar latest kernel (20140719)

Tricks for EXT4 setups
A little trick to increase ext4 partitions speed: disabling journal in /system and /cache. Flash this zip:
Journal_OFF_QC_p5.zip

Mirror for old downloads
Mega

Jolie kernel source for P73xx
My Github

Buy me a beer. Thanks.
Paypal
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to jolinnard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jolinnard Ad-Free

12th November 2014, 04:41 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jolinnard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jolinnard Ad-Free
12th November 2014, 06:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinnard

Reserved

Great, thanks for keeping our tab alive!
Just a question, is this rom as buttery smooth as stock Samsung 4.0.4? In the past I've tried many different roms with JB and above but none of them reached the silkness of touchwized ics rom, so I had to revert back to ics...
12th November 2014, 06:42 PM |#4  
Flag Roseau
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster

Just a question, is this rom as buttery smooth as stock Samsung 4.0.4? In the past I've tried many different roms with JB and above but none of them reached the silkness of touchwized ics rom, so I had to revert back to ics...

This ROM is smooth. If you're into gaming and this sort of thing then I suggest you stick to stock ICS for that but for all other tasks this ROM performs well. I played a downloaded HD video and it played smoothly...no hiccups/stutters as are found in previous releases. HD video from the YouTube site also plays smoothly. I don't use the app so I wouldn't know how it works with it but I'm guessing they should play OK. The best thing to do is to try it out and see if it works for you. Take a nandroid backup before you do so reverting will be easier if you don't like this ROM.
12th November 2014, 06:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3R0N

This ROM is smooth. If you're into gaming and this sort of thing then I suggest you stick to stock ICS for that but for all other tasks this ROM performs well. I played a downloaded HD video and it played smoothly...no hiccups/stutters as are found in previous releases. HD video from the YouTube site also plays smoothly. I don't use the app so I wouldn't know how it works with it but I'm guessing they should play OK. The best thing to do is to try it out and see if it works for you. Take a nandroid backup before you do so reverting will be easier if you don't like this ROM.

You're welcome. I think @L3R0N is right, this ROM probably isn't the most smooth for our tab, but I played to some games, surfed the internet and seems very good to me. You know, all software is evolving very quickly, so you never will feel the same smoothness as before. But we will try to improve as much as we can.

All suggestions are welcome.
12th November 2014, 07:14 PM |#6  
Flag Roseau

More
Quote:

You're welcome. I think @L3R0N is right, this ROM probably isn't the most smooth for our tab, but I played to some games, surfed the internet and seems very good to me. You know, all software is evolving very quickly, so you never will feel the same smoothness as before. But we will try to improve as much as we can.

All suggestions are welcome.

And even Stock ICS wasn't buttery smooth. By games I meant the likes of NOVA 3, Asphalt 8 and Dead Trigger 2. I played some games as well and they were OK. Even tried beach buggy blitz and it ran surprisingly well with an occasional frame skip at times. For a smoother experience I set all animations to 0.25 and I use nova launcher prime with animations set to stock and sometimes I change it to faster than light. Processor is over clocked of course with hw overlays disabled and force GPU rendering on. Along with the tweaks included in this ROM performance is pretty smooth to me.
12th November 2014, 07:38 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Playing with LiquidSmooth by @deadman96385.

It boots with f2fs and my latest kernel
12th November 2014, 07:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
I was asking because I've tried every combination with JB roms and above, but none reached the smoothness of stock ics. I don't usually play games beside some casual easy game. I meant smoothness in transitions, animations and scrolling. Tried Nova and every possible setting but no way.
I'm so eager to have a rom >4.0 but stutters and lags pushed me to stay with ics.
Not a complain at all, just asking because I'd like to move on a newer os, but if it's not yet there I'd save me all the format and restore of everything (not to say that to go back to ics is not as easy as flashing a newer rom because new folder layout).
Thanks.
12th November 2014, 08:11 PM |#9  
Flag Roseau

More
Quote:

Playing with LiquidSmooth by @deadman96385.

It boots with f2fs and my latest kernel

Now that is awesome news.One suggestion though, I think you should use the Pico Modular Gapps package instead since it has less apps that people like me won't bother to use(Google Photos, Google Experience Launcher, Hangouts etc...). These can easily be downloaded later if the user has need for them.
But hopes up for the Liquid smooth ROM. I will port Omni and see how it plays out with your kernel(non f2fs).
12th November 2014, 08:21 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3R0N

Now that is awesome news.One suggestion though, I think you should use the Pico Modular Gapps package instead since it has less apps that people like me won't bother to use(Google Photos, Google Experience Launcher, Hangouts etc...). These can easily be downloaded later if the user has need for them.
But hopes up for the Liquid smooth ROM. I will port Omni and see how it plays out with your kernel(non f2fs).

Ok, thanks. Tried Omnirom long time ago...
Will convert pico gapps for this release. Liquidsmooth is "smooth" I only see some force closes on performance app (I don't need it) and in other settings like recents... But it's a great ROM. Will flash gapps now...
12th November 2014, 08:46 PM |#11  
Flag Roseau

More
Quote:

Ok, thanks. Tried Omnirom long time ago...
Will convert pico gapps for this release. Liquidsmooth is "smooth" I only see some force closes on performance app (I don't need it) and in other settings like recents... But it's a great ROM. Will flash gapps now...

Oh...then I'm not going to waste time on it then. Noticed that AAccount said he won't be able to keep updated as much anymore. So I'm not going to waste time on a ROM that may not be updated further.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)