I open this thread to continue the great work of @OmarEinea and kasper with his kernel. I will try to update all possible ROMs with a new kernel improvements and all what we can add to this good setup. Kernel has new cherry picks from Faux, loosethisskin, A1 and others.
New Marshmallow ROMs here
Actually, we are very happy with AOSP ROMs that decatf build for P75xx. They are not perfect and there are a few issues. Known bugs:
- Mobile data not working for p5 users
- OC upper that 1400 MHz cause reboots and instability.
- SELinux is completely disabled in my ROMs (we don't have a working modern TWRP yet)
- Maybe other bugs and issues, but in general, p5wifi ROM works fine for a daily use, gaming, etc.
Current Lollipop 5.1.1 ROMs (AOSP, decatf's build) (in beta state)
P7310 = aosp-5.1.1-p5wifi-20150513.zip
P7300 = aosp-5.1.1-p5-20150513.zip
GAPPS = p75xx-gapps-L-5-6-15_selinux_OFF.zip
- Wipe factory reset if you come from another ROM/version.
- Flash ROM
- Flash GAPPS
- Flash SuperSU
- In 5.1 kernel works sweet, thanks to decatf's work
New recoveries with F2FS support
(these recoveries can't format to f2fs all partitions, the only difference is in kernel, that has support to mount f2fs partitions)
twrp2710_p5_f2fs.zip (P7300)Other Lollipop and KitKat ROMs:
- OmniROM v5.0.2 compiled by @AAcount. Download latest here.
- decatf's AOSP v5.0.2: Download latest here.
(this is a port of Nameless for 75xx devices, done by @BeeGee_Tokyo)
EXT4 version (stock Samsung partition setup)
F2FS version (/system and /cache are formatted to f2fs in flash process)Liquidsmooth v3.2 Milestone + Figue Kernel v11 and pico pa_gapps
(This port comes from 75xx forum and is made by @deadman96385. Please thanks to him this great port).
F2FS version (/system and /cache are formatted to f2fs in flash process)Gapps Download
pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20141110-P75xx-P73xx.zip (this pa_gapps package should work in EXT4 or F2FS setup, and it should work in P75xx and P73xx devices.)
PA-GAPPS (mini version recommended)
F2FS version (mount process is patched to mount /system in any format)Kernel Downloads
(Cherry picks, new configuration and lightweight)
Universal kernel for EXT4, F2FS and XFS partitionsChangelog (KitKat releases):
Figue kernel autofstab v2 (p5wifi)
Figue kernel autofstab v2 (p5)
- Build with Linaro 4.6.4
- Enabled 801 MB RAM (or 799MB according to "free -m"), original hack by @AAccount (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=908)
- Address CVE-2014-3153 and CVE-2014-3153 (https://github.com/AAccount/android_...f16259c391daf4)
- New script in /system/etc/init.d/figue-settings with all settings. Note: max and min freq are reset to 1000/216 after boot. Set those values with Device Control, Trickster or any other CPU management tool.
- UKSM 0.1.2.3 merged (http://kerneldedup.org/en/projects/uksm/download/)
- Removed lots of debug stuff
- Changed allocator to SLUB
- Available CPU governors: aggressive, wheatley, smartassV2, lulzactive, interactive, conservative, userspace, powersave, lionheart, ondemand and performance. Default is lionheart, set by the init script.
- Frequencies are set to 216 MHz min. 1400 MHz max. by init script.
- TCP congestion control set to westwood. Also available: reno, bic, cubic, vegas, veno and lp.
- Schedulers available: noop, deadline, row, bfq, sio, sioplus, vr and tripndroid (default is deadline)
- Other little improvements and tweaks
- New in v12: Build is done with Linaro 4.7-2013.04-20130415
- New in v13: Added Nightmare CPU governor from Nexus 5 Unleashed kernel. Added a few tweaks in deadline scheduler (I hope it will increase read storage performance).
- New in v14: blkdev - tweak max nr_requests
- New in v15: small tweaks in init script (zram and swappiness)
- New in v16: Fixed ramdisk bugs, merged p4 kernel init.p3.rc. Some permissions in /data, devices and bluetooth tethering bug.
- New in v17: F2FS code ported from latest Grouper kernel.
- New autofstab series: Now, fstab is patched every time we flash a kernel zip. It supports EXT4, F2FS and XFS in all partitions.
Omar latest kernel (20140719)
Tricks for EXT4 setups
A little trick to increase ext4 partitions speed: disabling journal in /system and /cache. Flash this zip:
Mirror for old downloads
Jolie kernel source for P73xx
Buy me a beer. Thanks.