Getting Nougat onto Samsung GALAXY Tab 8.9 (GT-P7310) running Android 4.0.4

Search This thread

bescalan

Apr 23, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I know this is an old tablet and mine works fine but there are so many apps i cannot run on it because it's so old.

For some reason when I go to recovery (power plus volume down) it only gives me options to install from cache or to install from SD card. My Tab doesn't have an SD card slot and I've tried many different things like putting the Google Apps file in an /sdcard folder but no luck. Maybe I need a better recovery that will allow me to install from OTA USB or from Internal storage, or directly from the PC.

I have never rooted a phone before or unlocked a bootloader, and maybe I'm missing a step, but no matter how many forum posts I check people seem to be able to run it from /sdcard which is simply not working for me.

Please help!

saitar

Sep 26, 2019
I've got the same issue here, and tried everything, from what you've said you've done to using command lines in adb fastboot, and nothing seem to bring me closer to write on the root of the device. Maybe with both of us asking here someone pops up to bring some light to this.

saitar

Sep 26, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I know this is an old tablet and mine works fine but there are so many apps i cannot run on it because it's so old.

For some reason when I go to recovery (power plus volume down) it only gives me options to install from cache or to install from SD card. My Tab doesn't have an SD card slot and I've tried many different things like putting the Google Apps file in an /sdcard folder but no luck. Maybe I need a better recovery that will allow me to install from OTA USB or from Internal storage, or directly from the PC.

I have never rooted a phone before or unlocked a bootloader, and maybe I'm missing a step, but no matter how many forum posts I check people seem to be able to run it from /sdcard which is simply not working for me.

Please help!

I don't know if this is still an issue for you, but I went further as nobody seemed to see the post.

I used this TWRP recovery, then flashed the lollipop rom here. But I stopped at the gapps... the only one I was able to flash was this one, but the keyboard isn't showing up. I tried the complete compilation and the flashing failed due to lack of space, although the device was plenty of it...

@saitar
Install the TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0 or higher.

Thanks for replying. Yes, this is what I found out reading in xda and other forums, as the recovery I mentioned above is the 2.7.1.0, but is there a 2.8 recovery for the Tab 8.9, or should we be able to update the 2.7 to 2.8 without problems? Edit: I noticed in your post signature you got a 3.0 version on your device... how?

Last edited:

saitar

Sep 26, 2019

madhurkg

Jan 2, 2020
Nougat update for i957?

Great to see the efforts here, kudos.

A naive question, whether this is going to work on my i957 currently on 4.0.4 ICS? If no, any recommendations for any latest ROM for i957? Being on 4.0.4, a number of apps have started causing issues, support not being available.

If there's another thread I should post on, pls suggest the same.

Thx
Mads

jjitsan

Aug 9, 2020
Recover using ODIN n with official firmware

Hello Everyone,

Please help!

DEAR FRIEND,

recover your Tab using ODIN apk in PC.
install the Odin 1.13 or upto u at odindownload. COM
enter the recovery mode - Downloading
insert this firmware At NERDSCHALK WEBSITE using keyword on google ROM SAMSUNG TAB 8.9 FIRMWARE

follow the step of using ODIN ,

u will your phone flashed into that ORIGINAL version.

I HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU.

REGARD JIU-JITSAN

Top Liked Posts