[ROM][SM-T580][SM-T585][UNOFFICIAL][Bootleggers ROM 4.3 Pie][64-Bit][Sept 30th]

Search This thread

BADA 187

00-banner.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
Code:
* QS Rows and Colums
* Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
* Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
* Power Menu Items
* Battery LED light settings
* Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
* AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
* Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
* Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

Also, you can check a full list of Features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
Code:
* Shishu (For being there)
* Ground Zero ROMs Team
* AOSPExtended
* ABC ROMs
* NitrogenOS
* AICP
* DirtyUnicorns
* Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
* fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
* OmniROM
* CyanogenMod/LineageOS
* PixelExperience
* PureNexus
* merothh
* Resurrection Remix
* AOSiP
* CrDroid
* CypherOS
* PureKat
* theimpulson
* MatiHalperin
* Project Xtended
* Pixeldust Project
* AquariOS
* Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
* PixysOS 
* The Memedo Testers team
* Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
* You for your interest on our project
* [user=2047373]@Valera1978[/user] [user=5480152]@followmsi[/user] [user=8017005]@srgrusso[/user] Thank you guys for putting in the effort to keep the device alive :)

Also if you got some ideas,bug fixes, stability improvements or want to help to support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources part) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), will be really appreciated. Got some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:

ROM
AFH Page: SM-T580
AFH Page: SM-T585

GApps arm64:
Opengapps

Magisk
Magisk

Bootleggers Wallpapers:
BTLGWalls Telegram Group

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
Github Manifest

ROM Sources
Bootleggers Github

@Valera1978 & @followmsi & @srgrusso Thank you guys for putting in the effort to keep the device alive :)
If i forgot someone else, im sorry for that, pls let me know in PM ill add you to the list :highfive:​

ROM Testers:
(SM-T580)
@RichyE
@Shaggy Kobain
(SM-T585)
@BADA 187

Last edited:

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Bootleggers has never been available for any device I owned until now, so I'm kinda itching to try it lol :angel:

Does it have the option to remove the clock from the statusbar? How about ram in recents, is that available with normal size recents? Any other options worth mentioning?

Thanks for the rom - and any answers in advance :good: :)

RichyE

Oct 12, 2012
Netherlands
Bootleggers has never been available for any device I owned until now, so I'm kinda itching to try it lol :angel:

Does it have the option to remove the clock from the statusbar? How about ram in recents, is that available with normal size recents? Any other options worth mentioning?

Thanks for the rom - and any answers in advance :good: :)

You can remove the clock thru settings/Bootleg Dumpster/Status bar
You can't see ram in recents, byt you can select how you want to see the style: Quickstep, stock Android or Android Go
Look here for what more the Dumpster gives you There is no OTA update but for the rest it is almost the same

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
You can remove the clock thru settings/Bootleg Dumpster/Status bar
You can't see ram in recents, byt you can select how you want to see the style: Quickstep, stock Android or Android Go
Look here for what more the Dumpster gives you There is no OTA update but for the rest it is almost the same

Thanks, that sounds good :good: :cool:

I used to be able to remove that damn clock in Oreo, but my rom hasn't added that to pie (yet?) ... plus I've always like trying new roms anyway :angel:

I think I'll try Bootleggers this weekend - thanks again :)

Edit: I just joined the official TG group and noticed some users saying Substratum doesn't work? Shouldn't it be like on other rooted Pie roms - build overlays, reboot, activate them?

Edit 2: In the TG group I was told themes work and to just be careful with those that didn't implement the fix for roms with headers yet. So I should be good ... I'll make a nandroid probably tomorrow and will try Bootleggers this weekend :fingers-crossed: :D

Last edited:

BADA 187

Thanks, that sounds good :good: :cool:

I used to be able to remove that damn clock in Oreo, but my rom hasn't added that to pie (yet?) ... plus I've always like trying new roms anyway :angel:

I think I'll try Bootleggers this weekend - thanks again :)

Edit: I just joined the official TG group and noticed some users saying Substratum doesn't work? Shouldn't it be like on other rooted Pie roms - build overlays, reboot, activate them?

Edit 2: In the TG group I was told themes work and to just be careful with those that didn't implement the fix for roms with headers yet. So I should be good ... I'll make a nandroid probably tomorrow and will try Bootleggers this weekend :fingers-crossed: :D

Hi, thanks for the kind words!

I am also running bootleggers on my LG v30 and substratum works (navbar) without any issues, so i guess theming should work to.

Im also using Swift Installer (on lg v30 and my sm-t585 tablet) which also themes device (i think its substratum based.?) and it works flawless withouth issues :)

sry for the screenshots delay all, i was busy all day today trying to get one of the other 4 roms to compile but i just gotta solve many errors first. (i am still learning at compiling let alone solving errors (total noob here he-he :eek: )

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
what about video recording after deepsleep?

I was going to ask the same question.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

ROM is stable with no issues found during testing. Performance is great and boot up screen is worth rebooting the device a few times. ;)

The ROMs I have installed have stated what platform/version/variant of Gapps to install because there might be some things in the ROM that you shouldn't replace with the Google version.

Assuming ARM64/9.0/Full is good.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
The ROMs I have installed have stated what platform/version/variant of Gapps to install because there might be some things in the ROM that you shouldn't replace with the Google version.

That's actually a good question - can we use ARM64 or is the rom only 32bit :confused:

But I'd never use Full - Nano is enough and anything that's missing can be installed seperately :)

Edit: I have flashed the 64bit Nano gapps and everything seems to be working - including removal of the statusbar clock :victory:

I am now making another nandroid before I install my Substratum theme(s) ... just in case :angel: :laugh:

Thanks again @BADA 187 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BADA 187

BADA 187

I was going to ask the same question.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

That's actually a good question - can we use ARM64 or is the rom only 32bit :confused:

But I'd never use Full - Nano is enough and anything that's missing can be installed seperately :)

Edit: I have flashed the 64bit Nano gapps and everything seems to be working - including removal of the statusbar clock :victory:

I am now making another nandroid before I install my Substratum theme(s) ... just in case :angel: :laugh:

Thanks again @BADA 187 :)

thanks for the heads up, yes you can install 64bit gapps without issues.
i used arm64-pico. i will update post :cowboy:

Reactions: Nimueh

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
thanks for the heads up, yes you can install 64bit gapps without issues.
i used arm64-pico. i will update post :cowboy:

Yea I always use Nano so I tried it here too ... and it worked :victory:

Themes work too, at least Valerie (which is the only one I've tried so far) ... isn't it pretty <3 :cool:

Nice rom, thanks again :highfive:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190308-154028_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190308-154028_Settings.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 566

TheArtfulPenguin

Mar 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Found something that doesn't seem to work. In other ROMs I didn't have the problem. The Animal Planet and Discovery Go strat but just sit at the logo and spinning disk. That normally take less than as a minute at the spinning disk.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
New builds are up! :p

Changelog:
March Security Patch
Some ''under the hood'' rom changes

Dirty flashed the update and everything is working fine - thank you :victory: :)

Just a small reminder: Disable all overlays if you're using a Substratum theme, then rebuild them after the update :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190312-090447_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190312-090447_Settings.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 414

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    00-banner.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
    Code:
    * QS Rows and Colums
    * Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
    * Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
    * Power Menu Items
    * Battery LED light settings
    * Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
    * AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
    * Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
    * Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

Also, you can check a full list of Features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
    Code:
    * Shishu (For being there)
    * Ground Zero ROMs Team
    * AOSPExtended
    * ABC ROMs
    * NitrogenOS
    * AICP
    * DirtyUnicorns
    * Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
    * fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
    * OmniROM
    * CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    * PixelExperience
    * PureNexus
    * merothh
    * Resurrection Remix
    * AOSiP
    * CrDroid
    * CypherOS
    * PureKat
    * theimpulson
    * MatiHalperin
    * Project Xtended
    * Pixeldust Project
    * AquariOS
    * Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
    * PixysOS 
    * The Memedo Testers team
    * Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
    * You for your interest on our project
    * [user=2047373]@Valera1978[/user] [user=5480152]@followmsi[/user] [user=8017005]@srgrusso[/user] Thank you guys for putting in the effort to keep the device alive :)

Also if you got some ideas,bug fixes, stability improvements or want to help to support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources part) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), will be really appreciated. Got some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:

ROM
    AFH Page: SM-T580
    AFH Page: SM-T585

GApps arm64:
    Opengapps

Magisk
    Magisk

Bootleggers Wallpapers:
    BTLGWalls Telegram Group

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
    Github Manifest

ROM Sources
    Bootleggers Github

@Valera1978 & @followmsi & @srgrusso Thank you guys for putting in the effort to keep the device alive :)
    If i forgot someone else, im sorry for that, pls let me know in PM ill add you to the list :highfive:​

ROM Testers:
    (SM-T580)
    @RichyE
    @Shaggy Kobain
    (SM-T585)
    @BADA 187
    Waiting screenshots.. :)
    sry will add a few tomorrow, got busy syncing 4 roms might add a few more for the sm-t 585/580 :p
    Update

Device Changelog:
    *Changed to @Valera1978 sources.

ROM Changelog:
    Changes from 4.0 to 4.1 are:

* Fixed derps on powermenu toggle and secure power menu
    * ROM rebase to fix statusbar clock, now it should be work correctly, and even behave nicely on notch devices!
    * Statusbar Headers
    * Lockscreen clocks
    * Launcher3 rebased and completely up-to-date
    * Switch volume panel position + Extended
    * Smart Pixels
    * Grid recents are back
    * Recents clear all + membar
    * Support for elmyra sensor (Active edge for the squeezy bois)
    * LS cover art filters, like grayscale and blur (might be buggy)
    * Kill all on notifs guts
    * Ambient ticker with new UI (based on Q beta)
    * Minimal stuff, like FP vibration authentication, disable qs slide on secured phones, tiles like sync and ambient display
    * Added our OTA app
    * Switched to gboard go and phonograph
    * Removed woodman
    * Slim Recents
    * Added changelog section
    * Themes: Themed more apps like OTA, Dialer, Contacts, File manager and phonograph
    * WPS Support
    * OP gestures
    * Smart and quick pulldown
    * Some more optimization to Ambient Ticker and many other features
    * Added john notwoodman, who isn't woodman

More? Read Here

i've been busy last few weeks with my own device, and some life stuff, new roms might come this week or next
    Update

Hey all,

Sorry for the long delay everyone, ive been really busy last few weeks. and @srgrusso was so kind to build both roms this month so thank him! (Thanks again, appreciate it) :highfive: :good:

Changelog:
    *Device
    - Merged latest commits from @srgrusso and @followmsi to kernel ( WiFi Bug should be gone if im correct..? )

*ROM:
    - Updated translations
    - Added fix for tinting emergency button?

Plz let me know if anyone still has the charging bug, where it does not get past 80-86% (replugging charger fixed this) my tablet is charging normal again to 100%.
    Nothing much has changed rom side this month, but there is a new update coming to bootleggers soon ( 4.1 > 4.2 ) and that should bring some new awesome stuff!!

Oh and btw, a while back when i released this rom (bootleggers) i said i was going to release a few other roms. that might happen this week!

Thanks all! Happy Flashing!
    07-buglist.png

ROM Specific bugs:
    Code:
    * Statusbar clock showing on LS
    * You tell me

Device-Specific bugs:
    Code:
    * You tell me

06-screenshots.png

Screenshots will be added as attachments of this post