[Discontinued] LineageOS 17.1 for SM-T580 (gtaxlwifi)

Search This thread

rafmal808

Aug 6, 2018
It works well. On airplane mode and with all background services disabled, battery consumption is about 1% per 3 days on standby. Pretty impressive

MikeN68

Jan 22, 2013
HP Touchpad
Nexus 7
For all with Netflix issues, I can't even install it from the Play store as it isn't listed! If I browse to is, it advises it is not compatible with my device and when using the current APK (v7.58) from another device the install stops and advises "App not installed".

sepolicy and precompiled_sepolicy have both been applied through TWRP, and for the hell of it I also applied setenforce 0 and nothing helps!

Any ideas?

OK - just installed using APKPure and this time it worked. Thanks to whoever mentioned APKPure . .

Last edited:

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
sepolicy and precompiled_sepolicy have both been applied through TWRP

Just for your information, you shouldn't have done that. In the latest build, the included sepolicy already addresses those SELinux denials and also more denials (for example, for offline charging).

Sent from my SM-T580 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: Geralt87

andreas__

Great ROM

Hello,
Thank you very much for this great ROM. I've finally flashed my tab and am now using it with microG without problems.
Netflix can be also installed via aurora store.

EDIT: screen mirroring doesn't work for me , also with setenforce 0 (via twrp ADB shell). However, it's no deal breaker. I can pm a last-kmsg if you want (not sure if any private IDs are inside).

Last edited:

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
Changelog:
  • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200605 Android security updates.
  • Use userspace lmkd.
  • Enable Always On Display. (Thanks to @followmsi)
  • Address a few more SELinux denials.
  • power_profile: change names as per pie naming changes.
  • Switch to android.hardware.sensors@1.0-impl.samsung. (Thanks to @followmsi)
  • Fix freeform window moving/resizing doesn't work (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_base repository).
  • Add back support for Miracast using the changes from https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22ten-aosp-wfd%22 (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_av repository).
  • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux v4.4 and v3.16 and general updates. There are also improvements to downstream drivers.

I'm no longer going to mention related commits for changes in changelogs for reasons of readability. If you're interested, you should refer to git histories for the repositories mentioned in the original post.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13WQryjF4wJw6OjYL4ZN-O07oy58DLo5l/view?usp=sharing

In this release, support for Miracast has been added back. For some reason I don't understand (something about HDCP?), Google removed Miracast support in Android 9. The changes used to add back support for Miracast are originally from here: https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22ten-aosp-wfd%22 Screen mirroring with WiFi displays using Miracast will now work.

Freeform window moving and resizing will now work without crashes and soft reboots through the "Fix freeform window moving/resizing doesn't work" change, originally from https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/275189. That change has been abandoned now, and there hasn't been any fix from AOSP. I've applied that change myself, and we now have fully working freeform windows.

For those changes, I now have new forks for 2 of LineageOS' git repositories:
android_frameworks_base: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_base
android_frameworks_av: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_av
This means that absolutely everything I use on top of LineageOS' sources is now available as I have it. Previously, I was using LineageOS' android_frameworks_base repository with the signature spoofing permission patch manually applied on top.

Everything else is self-explanatory. Enjoy.

Last edited:

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
As for hangs in Chrome/Chromium-based browsers, those happen likely due to a bug in Chromium. For now until there are stable updates, here is an alternative to Chrome for something like Chrome....

...if you use Google apps: Chrome Beta. @followmsi has told me that Chrome Beta works without any hangs.

...if you don't use Google apps/use microG: the latest Chromium snapshot build. Chromium snapshot builds can be downloaded from here: https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?prefix=Android/ I have personally confirmed that the latest Chromium snapshot builds work perfectly without any hangs (I've tested version 775897). The apk for Chromium will be named "ChromePublic.apk" and in the "chrome-android/apks" directory in whichever zip file.

Another option for everyone is to use another completely different browser.

If you're using a different Chromium based browser, you'll just have to wait for updates and use something else while waiting.

Last edited:

basco1

Jul 26, 2010
Hi,

Great ROM, my daily driver.
Would it be possible to enable MIDI?
I have this dj set and it works on my phone with havoc.... but not on the t580...
btw: i'm using the dj set with an usb otg connection on my phone which runs android 10.

thanks!!

Last edited:

Geralt87

Nov 30, 2019
Thank you! the ROM is great, signature spoofing patch for microg, selinux working, the best!

However, I can't record video properly, after I finish recording the resulting video is 'unplayable', there seems to be a problem with codecs, maybe (this bug was in LineageOS 16 too).

Good work, bless you.

Last edited:

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
Hi,
Hi,

Great ROM, my daily driver.
Would it be possible to enable MIDI?
I have this dj set and it works on my phone with havoc.... but not on the t580...
btw: i'm using the dj set with an usb otg connection on my phone which runs android 10.

thanks!!
I've enabled MIDI support in this change: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/and...mmit/f596b99ad5c683008b40e8185f747f00eaf40616 MIDI will work in the next release. You're welcome.

Thank you! the ROM is great, signature spoofing patch for microg, selinux working, the best!

However, I can't record video properly, after I finish recording the resulting video is 'unplayable', there seems to be a problem with codecs, maybe (this bug was in LineageOS 16 too).

Good work, bless you.
You're welcome. That bug has indeed existed for a while now. Recordings are not really unplayable, rather, more specifically, recorded videos appear to be really long and mostly stuck on one frame. Sometimes, at the end of a 'really long' recorded video, what was recorded is there. I'm able to reproduce that issue using the stock LineageOS camera and OpenCamera. Interestingly, if I disable audio recording in OpenCamera, video recordings are fine, but of course without audio. This bug only occurs after putting it to sleep. It works fine right after a reboot without putting it to sleep. The bug could perhaps be caused by something audio related, but since it only occurs after a reboot, I'm not sure. I've tried looking into this issue, but I can't seem to really get anywhere.

@followmsi recommends using the Footej Camera app instead, which works fine. But of course, that doesn't fix the actual problem, and you can have reasons to not like footej as much as another camera app (for example, footej has a lack of options compared to other camera apps, and it's closed source which could matter to you). I don't know if there are any alternatives to footej that work fine for video recording.

Last edited:

Geralt87

Nov 30, 2019
You're welcome. That bug has indeed existed for a while now. Recordings are not really unplayable, rather, more specifically, recorded videos appear to be really long and mostly stuck on one frame. Sometimes, at the end of a 'really long' recorded video, what was recorded is there. I'm able to reproduce that issue using the stock LineageOS camera and OpenCamera. Interestingly, if I disable audio recording in OpenCamera, video recordings are fine, but of course without audio. This bug only occurs after putting it to sleep. It works fine right after a reboot without putting it to sleep. The bug could perhaps be caused by something audio related, but since it only occurs after a reboot, I'm not sure. I've tried looking into this issue, but I can't seem to really get anywhere.

@followmsi recommends using the Footej Camera app instead, which works fine. But of course, that doesn't fix the actual problem, and you can have reasons to not like footej as much as another camera app (for example, footej has a lack of options compared to other camera apps, and it's closed source which could matter to you). I don't know if there are any alternatives to footej that work fine for video recording.

Ok, thanks.
Is aurora store working fine? I installed 3.2.8, 3.2.7, 3.2.6 as an user app and it didn't worked, it returns an error when login / compiling API. Then I installed 3.18 through Nanodroid (as a system app now) and it's working, but can't update it because of that.

andreas__

Ok, thanks.
Is aurora store working fine? I installed 3.2.8, 3.2.7, 3.2.6 as an user app and it didn't worked, it returns an error when login / compiling API. Then I installed 3.18 through Nanodroid (as a system app now) and it's working, but can't update it because of that.

Had the same issues with aurora store. Right now I'm stuck at 3.18 too but installed as user app (no difference there). I guess the anonymous login isn't working in later versions on Android 10.
I tested it with microG and with opengapps, same result regarding Aurora.
There is an open issue but it seems to work on some other devices/Roms .#392

Last edited:

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
Ok, thanks.
Had the same issues with aurora store. Right now I'm stuck at 3.18 too but installed as user app (no difference there). I guess the anonymous login isn't working in later versions on Android 10.
I tested it with microG and with opengapps, same result regarding Aurora.
There is an open issue but it seems to work on some other devices/Roms .#392
Yes, there are issues with logging in, both anonymously and with a Google account. It appears to be a bug in Aurora store occuring in some cases for some reason. Here are 2 issues for it:
https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/issues/356
https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/issues/401
The last version that works is 3.2.1, which can be downloaded from here: https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/releases

Last edited:

zulu888

Jan 27, 2013
OnePlus 8
Just want to say thanks for your time and effort bringing us this ROM. Breathes new life into my 4 year old tablet. Works great for me!!

basco1

Jul 26, 2010
i read that it's possible to overclock it with this rom.
what are the best settings to get every last bit of performance out of it?

rafmal808

Aug 6, 2018
Hi, is there a way to limit the refresh rate with this kernel? I only use this tablet to read books, so I was thinking that limiting the refresh rate to 2-3 Hz would help with battery life. Is this possible? Thanks

familylineage

Jun 20, 2020
Family Link on custom rom

Family Link on custom rom

I tried to flash the lineage os build from this thread. This worked quit good. Thank you for that. I also flashed gapps arm64 10 stock variant, because I want to install family link for my childs.
But everytime I trie to login my child to google, google replies, that a system update is needed.
Does anyone has a hint for me.

thanks in advance

andreas__

Ok, thanks.

Yes, there are issues with logging in, both anonymously and with a Google account. It appears to be a bug in Aurora store occuring in some cases for some reason. Here are 2 issues for it:
https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/issues/356
https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/issues/401
The last version that works is 3.2.1, which can be downloaded from here: https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/releases

Sent from my SM-T580 using XDA Labs

Just a heads-up: the latest version (3.2.9) is working fine again with anon login.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is LineageOS 17.1, which is based on Android 10, for the WiFi-only variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), codenamed gtaxlwifi. LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

I started these builds because the LineageOS builds from @Valera1978 had 2 particular significant bugs in them that were always being mentioned in posts in that thread: display backlight brightness not changeable from full brightness and the touchscreen appearing to not respond after putting the tablet to sleep. Those bugs had existed for quite a long time. @followmsi has some changes in his 17.1 device tree that fixed those 2 bugs.

These builds really became a continuation of Valera's builds after he unfortunately discontinued work on this device due to an (understandable) lack of interest, with many improvements and additional features.

I've now discontinued these 17.1 builds.
    I've long ago moved onto LineageOS 18.1 and

Very important note for those upgrading from the releases from 20210523 and 20210413 in this post: https://xdaforums.com/t/lineageos-17-1-for-sm-t580-gtaxlwifi.4059571/post-85106105

Note: I've never had any builds for the LTE variant. However, builds for the WiFi-only variant boot and work on the LTE variant, only without mobile networking (of course), GPS and vibration, so since I've allowed installation on the LTE variant in the last several builds, you can try to use my builds on it if you can go without any of that functionality.

Downloads:
    Latest build from 20211116 (with security patch level 20211105):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZCYYcT5b6E9zWiFNgwUP3Kxlvf-dyVn
    Folder for these builds (which includes text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for the final build, and another folder within it containing some previous builds): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UiUlSbfj3agDvt-4f_YLIS0Xyuz5RtFC

Changelog:
    Final release for 20211116:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20211105 Android security updates.
    • The WiFi driver has been switched from being a kernel module to being built into the kernel. This may improve reliability for enabling and disabling WiFi and the WiFi hotspot very slightly.
    • The rewrite of the sepolicy containing all of the SELinux rules that I did for 18.1 has been ported over to 17.1, and so it's now of much better quality.
    • The audio outputted from the audio jack while playing media will now be noticeably louder, as the headset "DAC1 playback volume" for media has been increased to the maximum of 175 from 162.
    • An issue where there was additional extremely quiet high-pitched noise from the right speaker has been fixed.
    • The ZRAM size has been increased to 768MiB.
    • The BSP sources have been redone to closely match what has been done with the new exynos7880-specific part of Lineage's BSP sources, and with that, there are now more exynos7870-specific changes to the open source gralloc that is in use.
    • Some miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    • The qcom_cfg.ini configuration file for WiFi has been imported from Samsung's A720SKSU5CTL2 firmware - A change within it appears to have made WiFi more reliable.
    • The system image size has been increased from 3072000000 bytes to 3145728000 bytes, which is the size of the system partition on Korean and Chinese variant T580s and T585s, and the smallest system partition size out of all T580s and T585s.
    • Some proprietary blobs have been updated as follows:
      • WiFi and Bluetooth firmwares from Samsung's T390XXS9CUG1 firmware
      • libexynoscamera3.so library from Samsung's P580ZSS1CTI1 stock firmware - This improves the situation with the issues with stretched/squashed camera previews for images and stretching/squashing in videos at some resolutions
      • MFC (Multi-Format Codec) firmware from Samsung's A305FDDU6CUI3 firmware
      • sensors.universal7870.so library from Samsung's P580ZSS1CTI1 stock firmware
    • As the oldest proprietary blobs are now as in Samsung's P580ZSS1CTI1 stock firmware (with a few exceptions), the vendor security patch level has been increased to 2020-09-01, which is the security patch level that firmware has.
    • The 32-bit wcnss_filter binary, used for Bluetooth, that was used previously has been replaced with the 64-bit wcnss_filter binary from Samsung's A520FZTU4BRB1 firmware.
    • Configuration files for media codecs and profiles have been updated from Samsung's T580XXS5CTK1 stock firmware.
    • There are many (final) updates from the (unfortunately now deprecated so no longer updated) 3.18 Android common kernel, many updates from Linux 4.4, and some updates from a few of Samsung's newer kernel sources to the kernel, and also some other various changes.
    • A few changes have been imported to the MMC block device driver in the kernel from Samsung's M105GDXS6CUD4 kernel sources that specifically fix extremely rare kernel panics that occurred when there was an error with a MMC device (mainly with SD cards).
    • Some unnecessary drivers have been disabled in the kernel.
    • The sdfat driver in the kernel, which is used for exFAT filesystem support, has been updated to version 2.4.5.
    • The fix for an issue where the duration of videos that are taken is lengthened by the time spent in deep sleep/suspended that was previously used has been replaced with a better fix in the Exynos fimc-is2 driver in the kernel.
    Previous releases:
    Release for 20210530:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS.
    • File-based encryption has been disabled after I left it enabled by mistake after testing FBE before moving onto LineageOS 18.1.
    Release for 20210523:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210505 Android security updates.
    • Some changes have been imported to libbt-vendor from https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_bt on branch lineage-18.1-caf (same as branch lineage-17.1-caf).
    • The rampatch_tlv_tf_1.1.tlv firmware for Bluetooth has been updated from Samsung's stock T585XXS6CTJ7 firmware.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    • A workaround that was used to get USB tethering and Bluetooth tethering to work is no longer used, and has been replaced with a proper fix (enabling CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_CT in the kernel).
    Release for 20210413:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210405 Android security updates.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel.
    Release for 20210313:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210305 Android security updates.
    • There are some updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel, many changes to the rcu, locking and btrfs code from 4.4, and a few changes from Samsung's M105GDXU6CUA1 kernel to the kernel.
    • The exynos part of the BSP has a few changes from Lineage's 18.1 branch for HWC and memtrack.
    Release for 20210207:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210205 Android security updates.
    • SELinux denials that caused the torch feature to not work have been addressed.
    • The issue where videos that are recorded have a duration that is lengthened by the time spent in deep sleep has been worked around - It looks like Samsung did something wrong in the camera HALs for Exynos 7870 devices.
    • There are some more updates from the 3.18 Android common kernel and Linux 4.4 to the kernel, and a few changes from Samsung's M105GDXU6CTL3 kernel.
    Release for 20210116:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20210105 Android security updates.
    • The custom camera provider HAL has been removed, and the camera provider HAL has been binderized - this fixes camera glitches when there is motion.
    • Quota support has been enabled on userdata, so that storage usage statistics can be gotten more quickly.
    • The Widevine DRM blobs from the Pixel 3 XL's last Android 10 firmware are now used.
    • The MFC (Multi Format Codec) firmware has been updated from Samsung's M105FDDU3CTK3 firmware, and the camera.vendor.universal7870.so library has been updated from Samsung's latest stock firmware (version T580XXS5CTK1).
    • There are some more updates from Linux v4.4 and the 3.18 Android common kernel to the kernel.
    Release for 20201223:
    • Address hal_graphics_composer_default SELinux denials on video_device - fixes issues with video playback with SELinux set to enforcing. (Thanks to @Kostareka for providing logs with the SELinux denials)
    Release for 20201221:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20201205 Android security updates.
    • I've prepared new BSP sources, based on Lineage's SLSI BSP sources, and the BSP libraries are now built from those sources. (Thanks to @Valera1978 for providing his old BSP sources! Without them, this wouldn't have been possible.)
    • Samsung's proprietary audio libraries, adapted by @Valera1978, are now used, to workaround an issue where audio will be outputted to both the 3.5mm audio jack and the speakers quietly when something is connected to the audio jack.
    • The build fingerprint has been changed to an older Android 8.1 fingerprint for the Google Pixel C. (For information on why we can't use the fingerprint from the stock firmware, see: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_device_samsung_gtaxlwifi/issues/1 )
    • Installation on the LTE variant (SM-T585, codenamed gtaxllte) is now allowed - apparently, builds for the WiFi-only variant boot and work on the LTE variant, only with no mobile networking (of course) and GPS.
    • There are a few minor cleanups.
    • Version 2 of the AOSP bluetooth audio HAL has been enabled.
    • FIFO UI scheduling has been enabled.
    • The camera libraries have been updated from Samsung's latest stock firmware, version T580XXS5CTK1.
    • There are a few other miscellaneous improvements.
    • There are some updates to the kernel from the Android 3.18 common kernel and Linux v4.4, and there are updates to some of the drivers from Samsung's M105GDXU5CTI3 kernel.
    Release for 20201121:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20201105 Android security updates.
    • The sepolicy has been improved - many unnecessary SELinux rules have been removed and a few SELinux denials have been addressed.
    • The init.power.rc script is now actually used to set some parameters for the interactive CPU governor to make it less aggressive.
    • The GNSS and sensors HAL are now compiled from source in the device tree with necessary modifications. (Thanks to @followmsi for some very useful information regarding this!)
    • As many vendor blobs as possible have been updated from Samsung's T580XXS5CTD1 and A520FXXUGCTI9 stock firmwares, the gpsd shim has been removed as it's no longer necessary after updating gpsd from T580XXS5CTD1 and a few unused vendor blobs have also been removed.
    • cbd/cpboot-daemon has been removed, because it, along with the modem_v1 driver in the kernel, no longer works with the latest bootloader and spams the kernel log with error messages, I have very little idea of what it does for the WiFi-only variant and it's unnecessary.
    • Made a few other miscellaneous improvements.
    • Many more updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and the 3.18 Android common kernel, some miscellaneous improvements and many changes to the f2fs filesystem driver from newer Android common kernels and mainline Linux.
    • The kernel is now compiled using the clang compiler after having applied the many necessary changes to it to do so.
    Release for 20201022:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20201005 Android security updates.
    • Enable config_setColorTransformAccelerated - LiveDisplay colour calibration and reading mode is now available. (Thanks to @followmsi for finding this fix.)
    • Add FlipFlap for flip covers. (Note that FlipFlap only works if the timeouts in Settings -> Connected devices -> Connection preferences -> Smart cover are set to 'immediately')
    • Fix a typo in the power profile.
    • More updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and the 3.18 Android common kernel.
    • Apply/backport some changes to zram and the lz4 compression algorithm from mainline Linux for faster compression and decompression, and add a backport of the zstd compression algorithm from the 4.9 Android common kernel which can be used as the compression algorithm for zram (lz4 is still the default compression algorithm).
    Release for 20200915:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20200905 Android security updates.
    • Increase microphone gains.
    • Many more updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 and a few improvements to the kernel.
    Release for 20200821:
    • A few more updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 and improvements to the kernel.
    • Revert 2 changes to the kernel related to hotplugging - should fix an issue where the device doesn't wake up after a while of deep sleeping in certain cases, and a hard reset is needed.
    Release for 20200814:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20200805 Android security updates.
    • Update the Mali graphics blob to r28p0 from r22p0.
    • Make a few changes for GPS that fix Assisted GPS, and switch to different XTRA servers with HTTPS.
    • Fix OpenCL.
    • Symlink libGLES_mali.so to libOpenCL.so, libOpenCL.so.1 and libOpenCL.so.1.1 instead of copying - saves a significant amount of space in /system and makes the installation zip slightly smaller.
    • Change media volume control to be in 25 steps rather than 15 steps.
    • More updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 to the kernel and some improvements.
    Release for 20200711:
    • Android security updates from 20200705, manually applied to skip the wait for them to be merged. ('repopick -t android-10.0.0_r40')
    • Disable window rounded corner animations.
    • Reduce ZRAM size to 512MB.
    • Enable debug.sf.disable_backpressure.
    • A few more updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18.
    • Port over/import zsmalloc, zram, zswap, zbud and zpool from Linux v4.4.
    • Fix the issues with hanging/freezing that were present in the previous release.
    Release for 20200703:
    • Enable support for using USB for MIDI.
    • Fix/workaround issues with USB tethering.
    • Remove sswap and use ZRAM.
    • Latest update from @Valera1978 - "update audio_policy_configuration.xml from SM-A600FN q stock"
    • Many more updates to the kernel from v4.4, android-3.18 and a few from v3.16.
    • Disable the Exynos hotplug governor again. (in the kernel)
    Release for 20200608:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200605 Android security updates.
    • Use userspace lmkd.
    • Fix freeform window moving/resizing doesn't work (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_base repository).
    • Add back support for Miracast using the changes from https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22ten-aosp-wfd%22 (In my new fork of LineageOS' android_frameworks_av repository).
    • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux v4.4 and v3.16 and general updates. There are also improvements to downstream drivers.
    Release for 20200512:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200505 Android security updates.
    • Address more SELinux denials.
    • Remove the ro.enable_boot_charger_mode property and revert "gtaxl: workaround for offline charging".
    • Remove some useless services for non-existent binaries in init files.
    • Hide sRGB toggle in developer options.
    • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux 4.4 and to the kernel-based wireguard implementation.
    Release for 20200411:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS including the 20200405 Android security updates.
    • Update the cpu.speeds array in the power profile for 1.69GHz, 449MHz and 343MHz frequencies.
    • Make the power profile aware of the big.LITTLE cluster.
    • Address more SELinux denials and remove duplicate rules.
    • Use an up-to-date Samsung hardware repository based on LineageOS' repository, and make changes to the device tree for it. ((Thanks to @followmsi for changing the sepolicy to accommodate for modem/macloader having been moved to /vendor and mentioning that the Exynos hidl power HAL has to be used after the old power HAL was removed)
    • Enable secure ADB and set persist.sys.usb.config to none.
    • Use pool.ntp.org for the NTP servers.
    • ramdisk: cleanup the init files and fstab for readability.
    • ramdisk: init.samsungexynos7870.rc: only start gpsd after booting - fixes GPS when encrypted.
    • More updates to the kernel, including many updates from Linux 4.4, general updates (such as updates to the wireguard kernel module) and fixes.
    • Use sdfat for exFAT support.
    • Add toggle for disabling newly added USB devices.
    Release for 20200309:
    • Latest updates including 20200305 security patches
    • Upgrade android.hardware.keymaster to 4.0.
    • lineage-gtaxlwifi_defconfig: disable CRYPTO_FIPS to get encryption partially working.
    • sdfat: update to version 2.3.0.
    • Update the BFQ IO scheduler to v8r12 using a port.
    Release for 20200303:
    • wireless: add back Samsung's 'temporary' workaround due to qcacld-2.0 page allocation errors. Looks like this is actually necessary. Works around issues with WiFi not being possible to be enabled after some time again due to page allocation failures that still exist.
    • Revert duplicate "signal/ptrace: Don't leak unitialized kernel memory with PTRACE_PEEK_SIGINFO". We already had this commit as in Linux v3.18, the content of this reverted commit are useless.
    Release for 20200301:
    • Fix a few SELinux denials. (including app_zygote denials, sepolicy in post 5 no longer needed for this build at all and also shouldn't be used anymore as more denials beyond just the app_zygote denials have been fixed)
    Release for 20200229:
    • Initial release.

Known issues and workarounds (if any):
    Issue 1: adoptable storage is reported to not work correctly.
    Somewhat of a workaround to issue 1: format and use your micro SD card with the exFAT filesystem.

Issue 2: Camera previews for images to be taken at resolutions with aspect ratios other than 16:9 using the rear camera are squashed from 16:9 (while final saved images at any resolution are unaffected by any squashing), and videos taken at some resolutions are affected by similar issues with squashing in previews, and, in a smaller set of resolutions, also in final saved video files. (Note that these issues don't affect the front-facing camera)
    Somewhat of a workaround to issue 2: Use resolutions at which there are no issues with squashing from 16:9.

Issue 3: the on-screen navigation bar feature that can be enabled with the option at Settings -> System -> Buttons -> "Enable on-screen nav bar" doesn't work properly.

To report issues, get a log from logcat and dmesg. If you are unsure of how to get both, there is good documentation out there for how to do so.

Sources:
    A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make a build is in this repository on branch lineage-17.1: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/gtaxlwifi-manifests

Thanks to:
    @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for these devices, and for providing his old BSP sources without which the previously used open BSP sources wouldn't have been possible.
    @followmsi - for fixes to various issues and other improvements, for useful information, and for working with me on much of this stuff.
    LineageOS - for the Android distribution itself.
    ...and everyone else who's worked on anything that is in use.
    New release for 20200711

Changelog:
    • Android security updates from 20200705, manually applied to skip the wait for them to be merged. ('repopick -t android-10.0.0_r40')
    • Disable window rounded corner animations.
    • Reduce ZRAM size to 512MB.
    • Enable debug.sf.disable_backpressure.
    • A few more updates to the kernel from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18.
    • Port over/import zsmalloc, zram, zswap, zbud and zpool from Linux v4.4.
    • Fix the issues with hanging/freezing that were present in the previous release.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWMS4UhiNEywnOJdpqS6H4BK1nv-bZWh/

In this release, the issues with hanging/freezing that were present in the previous release have been fixed. If anyone still has any issues with hanging, please get logs (logcat and dmesg) after a hang occurs, report the issue here with the logs and and some type of details of the issue and use this build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SDhpnmmr7bFF69GOHrzZ0z6PV5EXq87O/ , which has a kernel with old changes from 20200608 when there weren't any issues and uses sswap/vnswap instead of ZRAM.

Enjoy.
    New release for 20200814

Changelog:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20200805 Android security updates.
    • Update the Mali graphics blob to r28p0 from r22p0.
    • Make a few changes for GPS that fix Assisted GPS, and switch to different XTRA servers with HTTPS.
    • Fix OpenCL.
    • Symlink libGLES_mali.so to libOpenCL.so, libOpenCL.so.1 and libOpenCL.so.1.1 instead of copying - saves a significant amount of space in /system and makes the installation zip slightly smaller.
    • Change media volume control to be in 25 steps rather than 15 steps.
    • More updates from Linux v4.4 and android-3.18 to the kernel and some improvements.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o_1lBoueXM1DOqm6L3y4mfdMrlw9vKR8/

In this release, the Mali graphics blob has been updated to r28p0. This fixes the hanging issues with Chromium-based browsers (including Chrome).

Those who had used @Valera1978's LineageOS 17.1 builds a while ago may remember issues when the Mali graphics blob was updated to r28p0. Valera not only updated the graphics blob, but also replaced many other things, which caused those issues. I've only updated the graphics blob. To see what I mean, you can compare my commit here: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/and...mmit/81d3a3e2d23f02e3a2cd5e6061eda5502f16ae63 with Valera's commit here: https://github.com/Valera1978/andro...mmit/7b7db571882130aaa8115adb33d5c2875b8174c5.

New release for 20200703

Changelog:
    • Enable support for using USB for MIDI.
    • Fix/workaround issues with USB tethering.
    • Remove sswap and use ZRAM.
    • Latest update from @Valera1978 - "update audio_policy_configuration.xml from SM-A600FN q stock"
    • Many more updates to the kernel from v4.4, android-3.18 and a few from v3.16.
    • Disable the Exynos hotplug governor again. (in the kernel)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/130jbirsEOYM3KjrvUZwWNW-YKOiXdw4R/

In this release, support for using USB for MIDI has been enabled and USB tethering will now work.

I've disabled the Exynos hotplug governor again. At first, I thought that all 8 CPU cores were being brought online by it with heavier loads while bringing 4 cores offline when there isn't much load like it's supposed to, but after testing it more thoroughly, it appears that the other 4 cores are actually not brought online by it even with heavy loads unless there is some user interaction. Also, battery life doesn't seem to be any better with it.

Enjoy.
    Changelog:
    • Use userspace lmkd.

I'm no longer going to mention related commits for changes in changelogs for reasons of readability. If you're interested, you should refer to git histories for the repositories mentioned in the original post.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13WQryjF4wJw6OjYL4ZN-O07oy58DLo5l/view?usp=sharing

In this release, support for Miracast has been added back. For some reason I don't understand (something about HDCP?), Google removed Miracast support in Android 9. The changes used to add back support for Miracast are originally from here: https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:%22ten-aosp-wfd%22 Screen mirroring with WiFi displays using Miracast will now work.

Freeform window moving and resizing will now work without crashes and soft reboots through the "Fix freeform window moving/resizing doesn't work" change, originally from https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/275189. That change has been abandoned now, and there hasn't been any fix from AOSP. I've applied that change myself, and we now have fully working freeform windows.

For those changes, I now have new forks for 2 of LineageOS' git repositories:
    android_frameworks_base: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_base
    android_frameworks_av: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/android_frameworks_av
    This means that absolutely everything I use on top of LineageOS' sources is now available as I have it. Previously, I was using LineageOS' android_frameworks_base repository with the signature spoofing permission patch manually applied on top.