TWRP custom recovery for the Tab A SM-T280. Latest build is 3.0.2-1
Disclaimer: you flash these at your own risk. Knox counter will be tripped. Having the stock firmware to hand is also advised.
NOTE: BEFORE MAKING MODIFICATIONS, ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.
UPDATE 26/10/2016: GUI lag fix - Lag in the GUI should now be fixed
MTP fix - MTP should now be working
To install TWRP:
1. Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot.
Uncheck Auto reboot.
2. Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
3. After flashing when ODIN says PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
You should now see TWRP recovery.
NOTE: at the moment there seems to be a bug which causes the GUI to get a little laggy. If things stop responding just be patient and wait for the GUI to respond. I'm looking into this.
For Systemless Root with SuperSu.
1. Install Supersu via TWRP
2 . Flash the PRE-ROOTED boot image below with ODIN(AP slot) or TWRP(extract boot.img first from tar file). Current version is [SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031].
4. Check you have root
To install Magisk v7:
1. Download Magisk v7 to your device
2. Install the Magisk v7 zip with TWRP
3. Flash the patched boot image below with ODIN(AP slot) or TWRP(extract boot.img first from tar file)
To Install Magisk v7 with SuperSu:
1. Follow the instructions above to install SuperSu
2. Reboot to TWRP and install the Magisk v7 zip below:
3. Flash the patched boot image below with ODIN(AP slot) or TWRP(extract boot.img first from tar file):
5. Install Magisk Manager
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU FIND MY WORK USEFUL. THANKS.
DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU