Well, we're finally getting some relatively stable builds of AOSP GSIs and OpenGApps for Android 10.0, so here's my first effort at migrating the Nexus Stock custom ROM for the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 10.0 [SM-T510] to the latest Android OS release. It's very much a work in progress, but it should hopefully help blaze the trail for even better work.
- The current process may require you to reset to factory defaults to remove file-based encryption. Remember to backup your data!
- Custom kernels are specific to OEM releases, and this one is based on the February 2020 Update (T510XXS3ATE3) for the SM-T510.
- The system is based on @AndyYan's LineageOS 17.1 GSI with the latest Stock variant from OpenGApps.
- Boot logo and default wallpaper is from my Nexus series of custom ROMs for Android TV, and I'm using the Pixel boot animation with black background.
- Stock recovery will be replaced with my latest TWRP build for the SM-T510.
- I've dialed back most of scary bootloader warnings and Knox Security branding from the boot sequence.
- The properties now correctly identify the device as a tablet, and so the Google Dialer and Messenger are no longer installed. I've also disabled the Emergency button, but SetupWizard still insists on reminding you to insert a SIM (sigh!).
- This is unofficial and unsupported, so the usual caveats apply. Since we don't flash the bootloader, you should be able recover from any problems...but nothing is guaranteed.
- Support for file-based encryption
- Nexus_Stock_LQ_T510XXS3ATE3-20200713.tar.md5 (Odin tarball)
- Nexus_Stock_LQ_T510XXS3ATE3-20200713.zip (TWRP update)
- Based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20200713).
- Updated to the OEM May 2020 Security Update (T510XXS3ATE3) kernel and vendor partition.
- Updated to latest release of OpenGapps (20200711) with July 2020 security patch.
- Fixed Double Tap to Wake feature (enabled in Phh Treble Settings).
- Fixed crash on first two attempts to launch Phh Treble Settings.
- Based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20200413).
- Updated to the OEM T510XXS3ATB4 kernel and vendor partition.
- Updated to latest release of OpenGapps (20200409-TEST), with private fix for Chrome issue.
- Fixed potential image corruption issue from outdated img2simg command.
- Now based on the latest build of LineageOS 17.1 GSI (20200309).
- Uses v703 build of Pixel Launcher with 6x6 and 7x7 icon profiles migrated from the Android One Launcher.
- Charging after full shutdown will no longer hang during level-of-charge animation.
- MTP file transfers no longer require USB Debugging to be enabled.
- Initial build based on T510XXU2ASK5 kernel (November 2019 Update) and AOSP 10.0 v212.
- Latest Google apps from OpenGApps (20200216-TEST)
From OEM stock firmware:
- Unlock bootloader
- Hold Vol Up & Vol Down buttons during restart to enter Download mode
- Install custom ROM tarball (.tar.md5 file) to AP with Odin
- When TWRP launches, factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Reboot to system
- Hold Power & Vol Up during restart to enter TWRP recovery
- Tap Install, select your update (.zip file), and then swipe to install
- Factory reset with Wipe->Format Data. (Not necessary for incremental upgrades.)
- Reboot to system