FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SM-T550][LineageOS][Unofficial][Android Pie] Galaxy Tab A 9.7

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 84
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from virsys: LineageOS 16.0 for the SM-T550 as "work in progess"
Lineage OS 16.0 for the SM-T550 is here!

This is an early stage alpha build; not all features are working well at the moment.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 *
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 *
 */
In the beginning I would like to thank:
Lineage OS team,
Contributors:
deadman96385
MSM8916 team
elginsk8r

Instructions
It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
How to flash:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
7. Reboot your device.

Reporting bugs:
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:
 
Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:
 
Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:
 
Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Issues
- SELinux permissive
- encryption
- audio through speakers is broken, headsets and bluetooth audio works
Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=284367

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS for the SM-T550, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
virsys, @deadman96385, @Galaxy-MSM8916 team, @elginsk8r worked on the device trees
Source Code: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Status: Beta

Created 2018-11-06
Last Updated 2018-11-16
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to virsys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift virsys Ad-Free
 
 
7th November 2018, 02:01 AM |#2  
TheMadScientist's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 3,872
 
More
First....
I will have to give this a try
Thank you for your contribution good sir
8th November 2018, 12:01 AM |#3  
Member
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
My model: SM-T550
Thank you for downloading! I am going to test about LineageOS 16, if I have problem? I will talk with you. 😎

Well, I like new ROM Pie.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I have one problem. Please read here:

I did make to flash ROM and GApps, but... Error

Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Warming: No file_contexts
E3004: This package is for device: gt510wifi,gt510wifixx,SM-T550; this device is.
E: unknow command [log]
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Updating partition details....
.... Done

How do I do? I'm waiting your answer! Thanks for test!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kawakigachi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kawakigachi Ad-Free
8th November 2018, 12:42 AM |#4  
TheMadScientist's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 3,872
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawakigachi

Thank you for downloading! I am going to test about LineageOS 16, if I have problem? I will talk with you.

Well, I like new ROM Pie.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I have one problem. Please read here:

I did make to flash ROM and GApps, but... Error

Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Warming: No file_contexts
E3004: This package is for device: gt510wifi,gt510wifixx,SM-T550; this device is.
E: unknow command [log]
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Updating partition details....
.... Done

How do I do? I'm waiting your answer! Thanks for test!

I can say it possibly a bad download or something on your end I flashed this last night with very few issues I have not used LOS in a long time but I was impressed
8th November 2018, 07:44 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
For some odd reason it's not working for me. At first it gave me Error 7 code telling me that my device isn't a T550. Then I manually removed the "assert" check lines from the ZIP file to force the install without a device check. It installed. But I can't boot into the OS. It just kicks me back to TWRP every time.

Never mind, after trying once more, it finally worked.
9th November 2018, 07:39 PM |#6  
TheMadScientist's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 3,872
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCodeBlue

For some odd reason it's not working for me. At first it gave me Error 7 code telling me that my device isn't a T550. Then I manually removed the "assert" check lines from the ZIP file to force the install without a device check. It installed. But I can't boot into the OS. It just kicks me back to TWRP every time.

Never mind, after trying once more, it finally worked.

Hey does this lag like crazy for you
even setup took me forever to get passed I normally let a new flash sit around for about a hour to the the system calm down still real laggish
10th November 2018, 07:00 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy

Hey does this lag like crazy for you
even setup took me forever to get passed I normally let a new flash sit around for about a hour to the the system calm down still real laggish

It wasn't that bad actually, it seemed to settle in for me. But I switched back to an Oreo rom for the time being for the bugs to get ironed out. Now I'm dealing with a super sluggish ROM lol. Do you have any recommendations for a good Oreo debloated ROM that performs great on the T550?
The Following User Says Thank You to DJCodeBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJCodeBlue Ad-Free
10th November 2018, 12:14 PM |#8  
TheMadScientist's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 3,872
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCodeBlue

It wasn't that bad actually, it seemed to settle in for me. But I switched back to an Oreo rom for the time being for the bugs to get ironed out. Now I'm dealing with a super sluggish ROM lol. Do you have any recommendations for a good Oreo debloated ROM that performs great on the T550?

Not oreo im trying to find anything that dont lag now
I ended flashing stock nougat and rooting it...
Been working on that....
I got so used to my s8 This tablet seems kinda slow lol I tried another rom I think that jazz rom but about the same lag and I couldnt remove home screen icons without uninstalling them the little popup menu wouldnt work

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

I still have expectations for this old tablet without any doubts there are a few of us out here with the 550 so we can band together and get something going I just got mine so Im stuck with the device for a while
15th November 2018, 10:06 PM |#9  
virsys's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Brussels, Server Rack 42
Thanks Meter: 84
 
Donate to Me
More
Switched from a S8 to this tablet, that's real fortitude .. May I ask why you did this? The tablet is already antique. This is called a feature for slowing movement. Audio is working now, I will upload a new build tomorrow. I was able to install gapps without any problem and I don't feel like the device is "laggy as hell". Make sure to select Android 9 and ARM at opengapps.org, I choose always pico there and have no issues.
16th November 2018, 11:43 AM |#10  
Member
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virsys

Switched from a S8 to this tablet, that's real fortitude .. May I ask why you did this? The tablet is already antique. This is called a feature for slowing movement. Audio is working now, I will upload a new build tomorrow. I was able to install gapps without any problem and I don't feel like the device is "laggy as hell". Make sure to select Android 9 and ARM at opengapps.org, I choose always pico there and have no issues.

I have one problem. Please read here:

I did make to flash ROM and GApps, but... Error

Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Warming: No file_contexts
E3004: This package is for device: gt510wifi,gt510wifixx,SM-T550; this device is.
E: unknow command [log]
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/SM-T550/lineage-16.0-20181106-UNOFFICIAL-gt510wifi.zip'
Updating partition details....
.... Done

How do I do? I'm waiting your answer! Thanks for test!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kawakigachi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kawakigachi Ad-Free
16th November 2018, 12:01 PM |#11  
virsys's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Brussels, Server Rack 42
Thanks Meter: 84
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawakigachi

E3004: This package is for device: gt510wifi,gt510wifixx,SM-T550; this device is.

Sometimes that issue is caused by TWRP. It means that TWRP fails to get the device model, which is required for new install scripts. Consider updating TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to virsys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift virsys Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes