FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[ROM][7.1.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi)

316 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,196

By thompatry, Recognized Developer on 24th December 2016, 02:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from thompatry: [ROM][7.1.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi)
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.* (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi) ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2. The following will not be supported here:
  • Custom kernels
  • Mods
  • Xposed

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
  • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored.

You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
  • Flashed a custom kernel
  • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
  • Modified system files

Bootloader Information
You need to make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
  1. Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails. Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN.
  2. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
  3. Open ODIN on your computer. You?ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
  4. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar file.
  5. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
  6. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Installation
  1. Download the zip(s)
  2. Install a compatible Recovery (This will not work with the P900 recovery)
  3. --I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. Link
  4. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (optional)
  5. Wipe data/factory reset
  6. Flash LineageOS
  7. Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
  8. Reboot

Root
The SU root binary is no longer installed with ROM by default. If you would like to install root, please go here and download the binary.

Issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:
  • You used the search function of the forums
  • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
  • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
  • Logs or it didn't happen! You can use this: Syslog App

Downloads

Nightlies
Latest Nightly Date: Builds are built weekly now through the Exynos5420 Jenkins Server
Latest Device Builds
-----------
Google Drive Device Builds (Old - Not maintained)

Google Apps
http://opengapps.org/ - Thanks to the OpenGapps team!
Use the 7.1 and Arm options when downloading.

Issues
  • Lower than stock audio volumes
  • MHL out to TV not working

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging, & documentation.

Source:
Kernel: Link
Device Tree: Link

Credits
@Valera1978 Initial device tree
@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
@DGT79 for his testing efforts and helping me manage the thread.
@chhaggerty, @tbjr50 and @titidu3701 for their testing efforts.
Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588 )

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
thompatry
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-12-24
Last Updated 2017-01-26
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to thompatry For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th December 2016, 02:27 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kansas

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Deathly Adiutor App

Deathly Adiutor is an open-source, modified version of Kernel Adiutor made specifically for Exynos 5420 devices.

Features
Power Saving:
  • S-Pen Power Saving - Same as in Touchwiz, disables S-Pen detection if it's inserted in the slot
  • S-Pen Input Booster - Instantly increase CPU frequency when the S-Pen touches the screen
  • Touchscreen Input Booster - Instantly increase CPU frequency when you touch the screen
  • Touchkey Input Booster - Instantly increase CPU frequency when you touch the capacitive buttons
  • Touchscreen Glove Mode (Not all screens support this)

CPU Control:
  • CPU Settings reworked - Deathly adiutor back-end was cleaned up to work specifically with our CPU
  • CPU Thermal - Control all thermal throttling points for the CPU (make your device run colder... or even hotter)

GPU Control:
  • GPU Time in States - Same as CPU Time in States (Times in each frequency)
  • GPU Frequency Control (not yet supported on Nougat)
  • GPU Voltage Control (not yet supported on Nougat)
  • GPU Governor Control (not yet supported on Nougat)

Battery control:
  • Full power statistics - See current and maximum charging currents and current source of power
  • Unstable power source detection - Lowers current until the power source is stable
  • Customize charger current limits - Make your device charge faster (safe, if the charger can not supply enough current, the board will dynamically decrease the current)
  • Screen-On current limiter - Limit charging if screen is on (to avoid overheating)

Speakers:
  • Privacy mode - Disable main speaker if headphones are plugged in
  • Earpiece volume
  • Left/Right speaker volume
  • Speaker equalizer

Headphones:
  • Left/Right channel volume
  • Mono output mode
  • Headphone equalizer

App Themes:
  • Light theme - White and Red
  • Dark theme - Grey and Red

Credits
This post was written by @ZakooZ
This app is brought you by the exynos5420 developer team: @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588, @ShevT

Translators:
@ShevT - Russian

The following people deserve distinction for their major contribution:
@tincho5588, responsible for 80%+ of the code for the new features
@deadman96385, the main maintainer of the Deathly kernel and most of the remaining code

Downloads
The app can be found in the Play Store:
Helping the developers
You may have noticed there's 2 versions of this app, one ad-free for donators and one with ads.
You can help us by clicking ads you're interested in for the free version, or purchasing the donator version!
We will use the money generated by this app as common money for the developers of the team. It will be used to pay for our web-hosting (we own a gerrit server and a domain name, exynos5420.com). It will also be used to buy a new device if one of ours breaks.

Translating the App
You can also help us by translating the app to your language:
1. You can start by looking at the full english language file: Link
2. Then compare it to your unfinished language file. You can find it here, under values-xx/strings.xml, xx being your language abbreviation.
3. You can then fill-in the missing strings in your language file. Here's an example of what a proper update looks like.
4. Then you can submit your translation by using our gerrit. If you don't know how to use gerrit, just PM the translation to your favorite developer and he'll get it merged!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thompatry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2016, 02:27 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kansas

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
24th December 2016, 02:38 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kansas

Donate to Me
More
I would not recommend dirty flashing from CM-13.0 since this is a major OS change. Also something to take into account is that some apps are not ready for N yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thompatry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2016, 03:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Haha again I'm the first to make a post whenever Thompatry releases a brand new ROM.
Thank you very much!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2017 to you and your family.

Best regards,
Eric
24th December 2016, 02:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Finaly, a working Nougat for the awesome tab pro.
Love this tablet but the support from samsung is terrible. Stuck in 4.4 Kitkat and the tab deserves an better version.
Had a working Lollipop but it was buggy like hell.

This release is working perfect, and above all, its fast and smooth.
Nothing like the buggy Lollipop.

Keep up the good work, love this release and Marry Christmas to everyone.
24th December 2016, 10:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
So far working pretty well, but I'm not having any luck getting the SD card write fixes to work. I got them to work on M. Anyone have any suggestions?
25th December 2016, 03:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netjetman

So far working pretty well, but I'm not having any luck getting the SD card write fixes to work. I got them to work on M. Anyone have any suggestions?

What do you mean of write fix ?
I'm having no problem with the sd card. I can use my card as internal or external storage.

Are you using a fat(32) or exfat formated sd card ?
25th December 2016, 04:15 PM |#9  
Awesome Xmas present. Running smooth. Thank you for keeping my favorite tablet my favorite tablet!
25th December 2016, 07:51 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spymate

What do you mean of write fix ?
I'm having no problem with the sd card. I can use my card as internal or external storage.

Are you using a fat(32) or exfat formated sd card ?

Got it figured out. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA-Developers mobile app
26th December 2016, 10:29 AM |#11  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netjetman

Got it figured out. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA-Developers mobile app

What was your fix an what application where you using?

Cheers,

David,

(It may help others out to release information on fixes)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)