[ROM][7.1.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi)

Search This thread

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
with the LineageOS build from the 20.05.2017 and the "new" flashable .zip of SuperSU V2.81 the root function doesnt work in the FileManager EFS.
I didnt get the problem with V2.79 of SuperSU - so back to V2.79

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
@guidol or anyone. Anyone have experience with addonSU from LOS on this ROM? There is a download link on the OP suggesting endorsement. As I understand it, it was initially glitchy and people bypassed it for SuperSU. I think it has been refined now. I used it on my HTC One and it worked fine. An advantage is that it sticks and you don't have to flash addonSU every time you flash an update ROM.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

with the LineageOS build from the 20.05.2017 and the "new" flashable .zip of SuperSU V2.81 the root function doesnt work in the FileManager EFS.
I didnt get the problem with V2.79 of SuperSU - so back to V2.79
On 20.05.2017 I had already updated to 2.81 on Play Store. My super user is working fine on Root Explorer, Deathlyaudiotor, and Titanium. Reading on the Play Store documentation they said that 2.80 lost root and hence the release of 2.81 to fix the regression.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Addendum: addonSU from Lineage is working just fine on this ROM. I have been happy with it before so I think I will stick with this for now.

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
@guidol or anyone. Anyone have experience with addonSU from LOS on this ROM? There is a download link on the OP suggesting endorsement.

[/COLOR]Addendum: addonSU from Lineage is working just fine on this ROM. I have been happy with it before so I think I will stick with this for now.

Some time in the past I did try the addonSU - but at this time it didnt work. After that I did use SuperSU without no problems.... so I didnt checked for a new version of addonSU - because I didnt read about a successful usage of this.

Now I can test it....

DiId you use https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/addonsu-arm-signed.zip
the Version for LineageOS 14.1 from the 26.01.2017?

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Did you use https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/addonsu-arm-signed.zip
the Version for LineageOS 14.1 from the 26.01.2017?
My file is not dated so I am not sure. What I am sure about is that I just clicked on the link on the OP and that takes you to the LOS download page which is the latest version, whatever that may be. It works just fine and I'll stick with it. As I said, you only need to flash it once so the next time you update a nightly all you need to do is flash the ROM.

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
My file is not dated so I am not sure. What I am sure about is that I just clicked on the link on the OP and that takes you to the LOS download page which is the latest version, whatever that may be.
The version which I did wrote in the last post is the latest version today for normal ARM (non 64bit) and LOS 14.1 and is the original download-link from the page which the OP told us.
I did test it now on my SM-T900 and it works now - also with the EFS as root-Explorer :)
Many Thanks for that information!
EDIT:
I was a bit confused, because I got a Samsung Note2 GT-N7100 with LineageOS and there SU is integrated because the Development/Device-Tree seems different and addonSU isnt working (so the author is integrated) - later if it would work with the Note2 then addonSU will be used.
And my Nexus 10 does use PureNexus so only SuperSU (Pro version integrated) will work there and not addonSU. So for my devices it will only work on the SM-T900.

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
I got a Samsung Note2 GT7100N with LineageOS and there SU is integrated because the Development/Device-Tree seems different and addonSU isnt working (so the author is integrated) - later if it would work with the Note2 then addonSU will be used.
My official LineageOS Nougat for my HTC One M8 uses addonSU. I have unofficial LineageOS Nougat on my Samsung tab3 which is unusual because it is Intel Atom x86. But, same thing there, SU remains integrated like CM. OP intends to mainstream this unofficial ROM into official Lineage and will eventually use addonSU when he makes the move.

LegendAssassinF

May 20, 2017
Does anyone have better instructions? This is my first time flashing a device and instructions that say "Flash Lineage" don't really help a new person who has no clue how to do that.

AchillesTheGod

Account currently disabled
Still having this issue

Is there a fix for the video apps being zoomed in on? I use twitch a lot and it always zooms in on the top left corner of the screen.

still having this issue and the rotation issue. clearly the op doesn't wanna fix it or reply so i will be using another rom. im giving this rom and thread a 2 out of 5 stars. ive tired the build.prop fix it doesn't do a thing. i cant watch youtube or Netflix or videos on chrome without this glitch. started randomly bootlooping today

c19932

Jun 9, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Does anyone have better instructions? This is my first time flashing a device and instructions that say "Flash Lineage" don't really help a new person who has no clue how to do that.

don't really have the time to give you detailed instructions, but here are the general steps:

1) unlock your bootloader (is this part necessary for samsung devices? i forgot)
2) install TWRP (I believe you have to do this through Odin; TWRP is a custom recovery)
3) download this rom. put the zip file into your internal storage. boot into TWRP and flash this rom. (on way to boot into your custom recovery is to turn on your device while holding down the hardware home + volume up (or down....it's one or the other ) buttons)
4) flash the gapp package if you would like (gapp package contains all the google apps like google play, google maps, hangouts, etc)

I am assuming that this is your first time flashing custom roms so you would probably have to google how to do each individual step above. But trust me. this rom is well worth it. On this device, Nougat is 2x faster than the stock rom or any previous versions of android. This rom makes my tab 12.2 feels like a new device, especially after overclocking

Reactions: TheArtfulPenguin

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Anybody else notice increasing drops / flashes in the in the screen. Turns black and flickers about the speed of a blink of the eye. It is very annoying. The flashes don't last long enough to interfere with it being functional. I'm using 5/27 weekly but I have been noticing this for some time but seemingly worse with this version.

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
Anybody else notice increasing drops / flashes in the in the screen. Turns black and flickers about the speed of a blink of the eye. It is very annoying. The flashes don't last long enough to interfere with it being functional. I'm using 5/27 weekly but I have been noticing this for some time but seemingly worse with this version.
the 2-3 last releases I did some some black bit-striped lines sometimes - but also only for "the speed a blink of the eye".
I dont know if it is on a special moment of use...
I got 5/27 since yesterday and didnt see since then such a stripe....but I didnt get it very often with the releases before the 5/27.

I would say I did see it less than 0,5% as of my daily use - but some monts ago it wasnt there.

Young Gunna

Does this happen mainly at night or in a dark room? Could it be your screen starting to fail and flicker.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Does this happen mainly at night or in a dark room? Could it be your screen starting to fail and flicker.
Great question. It is intermittent. Seemed worse with Chrome. I installed and re-installed it twice and it began to behave. It was on battery and resolved when plugged in. I need some time to get my head around it.

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
I seem to have fixed this and some other seemingly unassociated issues by a full wipe and clean flash.

godrick15

Oct 27, 2013
What adiutor settings is everyone using? I need recommendations.

I mostly browse with Chrome, 10 or more tabs opened ,YouTube monster. I do not game at all. I enjoy watching live streams and movies. I want snappy speed and im not concerned too much about battery

JCordero31

Apr 3, 2008
Bronx
could someone please post the pit file for me? My wife bricked her tab pro trying to install twrp and checked re partition. TY anyone who does.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.* (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
    This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi) ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

Do not ask for ETAs. If you do, I will ignore you and your post.

SEANDROID ERROR
    • If you see a message at boot about Recovery or Kernel is not SEANDROID Enforcing, you can ignore it. This is just telling you that you are not running Samsung stock software. It has no effect on recovery or the ROM itself nor related to either.

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored.

You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Bootloader Information
    You need to make sure you have a Lollipop bootloader installed or else your device won't boot. Here you can go grab the latest bootloader and odin and flash it in download mode. Read all the steps before you do this.

Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails.

Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN:
    1. Make sure you have a full backup because just in case you something fails. Here are the steps to flash this via ODIN.
    2. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press volume up button to enter download mode.
    3. Open ODIN on your computer. You?ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the tablet.
    4. In ODIN click the BL button, select the bootloader firmware. It's a tar file.
    5. Make sure Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are selected in ODIN
    6. Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot.

Installation
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (This will not work with the P900 recovery)
    3. --I have built a new version of TWRP with the MM kernel. MTP, Vibations, ADB now work and there are performance increases. Link
    4. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (optional)
    5. Wipe data/factory reset
    6. Flash LineageOS
    7. Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    8. Reboot

Root
    The SU root binary is no longer installed with ROM by default. If you would like to install root, please go here and download the binary.

Issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

• You used the search function of the forums
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    • Logs or it didn't happen! You can use this: Syslog App

Downloads

Nightlies
    Latest Nightly Date: Builds are built weekly now through the Exynos5420 Jenkins Server
    Latest Device Builds
    -----------
    Google Drive Device Builds (Old - Not maintained)

Google Apps
    http://opengapps.org/ - Thanks to the OpenGapps team!
    Use the 7.1 and Arm options when downloading.

Issues
    • Lower than stock audio volumes
    • MHL out to TV not working

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging, & documentation.

Source:
    Kernel: Link
    Device Tree: Link

Credits
    @Valera1978 Initial device tree
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @DGT79 for his testing efforts and helping me manage the thread.
    @chhaggerty, @tbjr50 and @titidu3701 for their testing efforts.
    Exynos5420 Dev Team ( @deadman96385 @thompatry @ZakooZ @Orion116 @mosimchah @joshndroid @Andmoreagain @thermskin, @javelinanddart, @tincho5588 )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.x|SM-T900| Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 (v2awifi), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    thompatry
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-12-24
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    Just a quick update.

I am very close to releasing Oreo. I have a few more bugs to work out and then I feel comfortable to release it.
    Just a small update, the pie build is coming a long nicely. I expect to release it in the next month or two at the latest. I will not guarantee all the features will work but I have kept you guys deprived for so long I will give it a shot. I will keep you updated.
    Hey Guys,

I know it has been awhile since I have personally posted an updated. Life has been super busy for me. Working 60 hours a week, wrapping up this job, starting a new job and moving. Don't get me wrong, I ready everyone of your posts and work with @DGT79 on posting solutions, looking at logs, and making this ROM better.

With the Exynos5420 Team having a build server "Jenkins", I will no longer being announcing builds. We are working on setting a final scheduling on builds but it is looking like weekly builds on Fridays. This week, we will run builds tomorrow due to Jenkins going down for some maintenance. You can find device changes on the Exynos5420's GitHub account. We are working on a change log server but that is a few months out. If you have any questions, about this please let me know.

So a new hot topic item is root. A lot of ROM teams are moving away from baking in root (no longer having the SU binary installed) into the ROM. There is multiple reasons behind this. Some apps just will not flat out work if it detects any form of the SU binary installed. For an example Pokemon Go or TV streaming apps. Also there is concern of identity theft with the SU binary being enabled. We, as a team (Exynos5420 Team), have decided to follow this path. It should be up to the user for this risk. It is easy for you to install the SU binary if you want it though. You just need to flash a root zip after flashing the ROM. From here, you can use whatever SU program you may want such as SuperSU. You can find the SU binaries here from Lineage. I will update OP to reflect this. You can find more information about why root was removed from the ROM here.

Another thing that you may have noticed on the downloads site is there is a new ROM the Exynos5420 team is developing. It is called LiquidDeathOS. It is a ROM based off of the Exynos SOC. We have plans to expand it to all Exynos SOCs in the future. We have a few builds out for Alpha testing and it is looking promising. It is very early in development and has a lot of bugs so please be patient. What we are trying to accomplish is to focus on speed, stability, and battery life. With this new ROM, we will be using AOSP code directly from Google. There will be no CAF code involved. (If you do not know what CAF is, please Google Code Aurora.) As soon as I feel comfortable releasing a build for public consumption I will. So hang in there. It is going to be fantastic and will blow Lineage out of the water.

I think that is all I have for right now for new updates. As always keep giving the great feedback and I will keep putting out the great work. Feel free to donate me a beer or two.
    I guess no one is attempting to do Oreo for our old 12.2 tablet huh?

Please read some of my previous posts. I am currently working on it but is not stable for public release.