Help me make my Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 look like a Samsung again

Search This thread

Owenboy89

Sep 1, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hi

I have installed Lineage 14.1 (Android 7 ROM) and Gapps. It's runs on the google launcher which is pretty awesome but it doesn't feel right as the tablet is a Samsung.

I know the word "Touchwiz" can cause arguments in the android world but I want to install the s8 touchwiz as it is really smooth and a massive improvement on it predecessors. I have installed an Apk like I have done on my s7e but it just says "Touchwiz has stopped working"

Is there other apps that I need so the touchwiz can run?

(Note I am just interested installing the touchwiz not the other samsung apps (bloatware) but obviously if there are any samsung system apps I need, I don't mind installing them)

Thanks

Owenboy89

Sep 1, 2017
Hi peeps I have an update.

I have come up with an alternative solution.

Basically I haven't got touchwiz on my tablet there is so many system apps I need to look into and research it's madness....but I will keep looking into it and when I crack the code I will let you know.

I have found a way of making my tablet look more samsung and close to an S8 touchwiz than ever.

First step is go on to google play store and download "Note 8 launcher" made by Nice Launcher Apps, this app is the best samsung touchwiz launcher I have ever tested and I tried a lot of them, once it's downloaded and installed it's time to start tweaking with the app setting (I luckily had an S8 in front of me to help me compare) the hardest setting is getting rid of the all apps button as you don't need it due to the fact it has the awesome swipe up feature like the S8 and N8. You need to go into a setting called dock and enable editing at the very bottom then you can drag and remove what apps in the bottom you don't want and add which ones you do want in the bottom that you do want.....also look at other dock setting get rid of dock scrolling by changing it to 1 page and once your finished in your dock setting disable the editing, to sort lock your in your prefered setting. The rest is quite straight forward and you will also have to change the awful wallpaper it comes with (unless you like it)

Once you have all setting tweaked to the way you like it....you need to move on and get some samsung style widgets....you see a lot of suggestions on the net for widgets but I feel the most accurate when sitting right next to S8 is Xwidget app via the play store, just type in samsung and loads of s8 and s7 style widgets appear choose you favourites if you have the normal version of the app or all of them if you have the pro version. Then simply apply the widgets the same way you apply other custom widget apps to your home screen.

Lastly if you don't like any of the icons installed or available to the Note 8 launcher app then go on to zedge and get some from there as they have good selection as well.

This was all for a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 but this will pretty much work on any android device and it doesn't seem you will require root (even though my tab was rooted) all you need is some confidence around settings and a little bit of paitents.

If anyone has any info on samsung system apps and how to get a real touchwiz working on my tablet.....then that would be great.

Have fun all

Last edited:

Owenboy89

Sep 1, 2017
Hey people.

I feel like I need to update this thread as the method at the top didn't work out. For some reason the launcher wouldn't remember my setup and in the end would become a waste of memory and time.

I heard that you could set up nova launcher to look like touchwiz. So I searched around the web and found this post from XDA.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/xdaf...theme-nova-launcher-s8-launcher-t3583095/amp/

It perfect and does exactly what you need it to do and feels just like Samsung s8 touchwiz/Samsung Experince.

For the icons I downloaded this app

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...oQ5YQBCCEwAQ&usg=AOvVaw2UNLhVoe-wCWql_eNnYhkF

Any of the icons that are not right then you can edit them via nova launcher and put the right ones in.

It's prob worth noting I was given a tenner to spend on Google play store after a mix up on android pay. So I got the nova prime and paid for the decent icon pack. If you got the spare cash then it's worth a spend but if you don't then I think you can do this free as well....plenty of other s8 icon packs on play store.