Slow charging issue T320

Search This thread

panosfx

Mar 13, 2010
Athens
I have a Tab Pro 8.4 T320 with RR 5.7.4.
Every time i charge the tablet ,with 4 different chargers (2 is from s7 edge,1 from tab S2 and another one from stock tab pro),at lock screen sais "slow charge".
Even with stock rom my tablet charges slow.i
Is it battery or motherbiard?
I tried format data,restart and take off the battery and put it back to reset.
Any help?I have the tablet over 2.5 years so i think it's battery but i have to make sure,i don't want to buy new battery with no reason (if it's motherboard).

hello_world.c

Jun 3, 2011
Every time i charge the tablet ,with 4 different chargers (2 is from s7 edge,1 from tab S2 and another one from stock tab pro),at lock screen sais "slow charge".
Any help?I have the tablet over 2.5 years so i think it's battery but i have to make sure,i don't want to buy new battery with no reason (if it's motherboard).
Do you also use different cables for your tests? The best charger in the world doesn't help you if the cable is poor. Another problem can be poor contact in the micro USB port.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: panosfx

panosfx

Mar 13, 2010
Athens
Thank you for the reply.Yes the cable is different also_Original samsung cables.
Usb port maybe cause the issue but i'm not sure...
You think that the problem isn't the battery?

hello_world.c

Jun 3, 2011
Thank you for the reply.Yes the cable is different also_Original samsung cables.
Even with old, weak batteries I have not seen that they force slow charging. Typically they charge normally but then lose charge quickly. So I'd try different cables with the best charger you have, run the Ampere app and watch it while wiggling at the port to see if it is a contact problem.

Reactions: panosfx

magnusman33

Nov 11, 2011
Have u found a solution to this? My tablet is doing the same thing. It says "slow charging" on the lock screen and in fact is charging very slow even with a fast charger. It wasn't doing it before when it was not rooted and on stock ROM

panosfx

Mar 13, 2010
Athens
No.I think it's a bug of this rom.
Yesterday i had a full charge normally.Maybe i'll change battery next month just in case.

mantarkus

Oct 15, 2014
San Francisco, Ca.
No.I think it's a bug of this rom.
Yesterday i had a full charge normally.Maybe i'll change battery next month just in case.

Try using the app AMPERE to read the actual milliamperage. I have the same "Charging Slowly" message on my lockscreen but AMPERE might register 1400mA when charging, and sometimes even bellow 500mA. I've had this same issue using different ROMS and different chargers and cables.

David C.

DaPoets

Jul 10, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
I know the thread is a bit old but I replaced the battery in my Tab Pro 8.4 myself for like $10 and it's like a brand new tablet all over again. It charges extremely fast using the same chargers and cables I thought I was having issues with and it holds a charge for an extremely long time.

hello_world.c

Jun 3, 2011
I know the thread is a bit old but I replaced the battery in my Tab Pro 8.4 myself for like $10 and it's like a brand new tablet all over again. It charges extremely fast using the same chargers and cables I thought I was having issues with and it holds a charge for an extremely long time.
Cool - where did you buy it?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you also use different cables for your tests? The best charger in the world doesn't help you if the cable is poor. Another problem can be poor contact in the micro USB port.

Even with old, weak batteries I have not seen that they force slow charging. Typically they charge normally but then lose charge quickly. So I'd try different cables with the best charger you have, run the Ampere app and watch it while wiggling at the port to see if it is a contact problem.