FORUMS

Abandoned[ROM][7.1.2] AOKP N [UNOFFICIAL] [SM-T700/T705 , Sm-T800/T805]

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,853

Thread Closed Email Thread

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Full Substratum Support

Downloads

Download

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot

Thanks to the following People

@Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
@crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
@eousphoros (for his device git)
@nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
@Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
and @deadman96385 for his awesome on all the four TabS Devices
@DarkExistence for his work on chagallwifi
@thermskin for his work on chagallte
and also on A HUGE THANSK to the EXynos5420 Team

XDA:DevDB Information
Abandoned[ROM][7.1.2] AOKP N [UNOFFICIAL] [SM-T700/T705 , Sm-T800/T805], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
hiowa93
Source Code: https://github.com/exynos5420

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: AOKP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-17

Created 2017-02-05
Last Updated 2017-07-02
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to schwabe93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwabe93 Ad-Free
5th February 2017, 01:07 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Schwäbische Alb

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Data is working on T705 on T805 should be also please test. (Works after a Restart)
As always same Bugs as LineageOS:
Fingerprint is disabled

Other issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to schwabe93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwabe93 Ad-Free
5th February 2017, 01:34 PM |#4  
Houston area
Thanks Meter: 1,257

More
Thanks for developing this for us. I'll check it out later.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
5th February 2017, 02:58 PM |#5  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 582

More
Schwäbische Alb! I'm KANGED now
5th February 2017, 03:11 PM |#6  
Flag Trieste
Thanks Meter: 68

More
On the download ROM there is an error...
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 is: caghallwifi
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T805 is: caghalllte

In the page of download are as opposed ?!
5th February 2017, 03:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,388

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickandrew

chagallwifi = T800
chagalllte = T805

m.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

So I'm confused now... . What to download?!? From the correct folder but incorrect named zip? Or correct named zip from the incorrect folder?
m.
The Following User Says Thank You to meduza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meduza Ad-Free
5th February 2017, 03:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by meduza

chagallwifi = T800
chagalllte = T805

m.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

So I'm confused now... . What to download?!? From the correct folder but incorrect named zip? Or correct named zip from the incorrect folder?
m.

Correct named zip from the incorrect folder. https://androidrom.io/download/AOKP/...02-05_1240.zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlosk1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Carlosk1966 Ad-Free
5th February 2017, 03:57 PM |#9  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 582

More
Quote:

chagallwifi = T800
chagalllte = T805

m.

m.

M is kanged too 😂
5th February 2017, 04:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,388

More
... just having a look around ... Thanks to the devs N-ROMs are exploding And they run much, much better, faster the our stock MM
m.
5th February 2017, 04:14 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Schwäbische Alb

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickandrew

Quote:

chagallwifi = T800
chagalllte = T805

m.

m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosk1966

Correct named zip from the incorrect folder. https://androidrom.io/download/AOKP/...02-05_1240.zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaodd

M is kanged too 😂

I correct the files in the right folders Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwabe93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwabe93 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread