FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL][WIP] Cyanogenmod 13.0 - SM-T807T

2,186 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,788

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 29th April 2016, 11:35 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Important information:
This thread is for Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 builds for chagallltetmo (SM-T807T). The following will not be supported here:
  • Custom kernels
  • Mods
  • Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
  • Flashed a custom kernel
  • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
  • Modified system files

Installation

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s)
Install the T805 TWRP Recovery
Make sure you are on the latest bootloader (Lollipop 5.0.2)
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash CyanogenMod
Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
Reboot

Other issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:
  • You used the search function of the forums.
  • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
  • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
  • Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog

Downloads

CyanogenMod:
4/28 Build

Google Apps:
http://opengapps.org/- thanks to the OpenGapps team!

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Source:
Kernel: https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android_...sung_klimtwifi
Device Tree: https://github.com/CM-Tab-S/android_..._chagallltetmo

Credits:
@Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
@crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
@eousphoros (for his device git)
@nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
@Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
@suhridkhan (for doing all of the on device testing for chagallltetmo)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2016, 11:36 AM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More
Bugs:
DRM content in Google Play Movies does not play
Mic is quiet
Mobile Network is not fully working, your phone number, simcard, baseband are found but it can not connect to T-Mobile/AT&T yet

This build is very similar to T805 but i have set the default apn to T-Mobile LTE, to get the mobile network even partially working (Did not work at all on T805 builds) i have had to replace almost all of the ril proprietary blobs, i am also going to have to probably completely rewrite the ril interface we will have to see.

My Local manifest this will allow you to build any of the tab s variants

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="CM-Tab-S/android_device_samsung_klimtwifi" path="device/samsung/klimtwifi" remote="github" />
  <project name="CM-Tab-S/android_device_samsung_klimtlte" path="device/samsung/klimtlte" remote="github" />
  <project name="CM-Tab-S/android_device_samsung_chagallwifi" path="device/samsung/chagallwifi" remote="github" />
  <project name="CM-Tab-S/android_device_samsung_chagalllte" path="device/samsung/chagalllte" remote="github" />
  <project name="CM-Tab-S/android_device_samsung_chagallltetmo" path="device/samsung/chagallltetmo" remote="github" />
  <project name="CM-Tab-S/android_kernel_samsung_klimtwifi" path="kernel/samsung/klimtwifi" remote="github" revision="deathly_cm-13.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5" remote="github" />
  <project name="CM-Tab-S/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5420" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax" remote="github" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" />
  <project name="deadman96385/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0-common" />
  <remove-project name="platform/prebuilts/qemu-kernel" />
  <project path="prebuilts/qemu-kernel" name="platform/prebuilts/qemu-kernel" clone-depth="1" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-6.0.1_r31" />
</manifest>
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2016, 11:36 AM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Mine just in case
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2016, 12:48 PM |#4  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 721

More
Haha I had the download link for this yesterday
30th April 2016, 02:47 AM |#5  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 524

More
for those who are going to give it a shot, rom is fast and quite usable. But you need some precautions.
use Banks gapps package. opengapps giving problems.
you shall have to flash the rom and gapps at the same time. Do not boot into rom, if you are going to need gapps.
During the setup process keep the tablet in portrait mode. If you go landscape, the screen will freeze.
30th April 2016, 03:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
OMG Finally Marshmallow on the T807T!
I do need data to fully work before I flash this but i'd like to say thanks for getting this to our devices!
1st May 2016, 01:14 AM |#7  

More
Wow! So happy right now!! Thank you for putting in the work for this. I was just about to downgrade to Lollipop but no more!

So I do have mobile data fully functioning, although I am using opengapps. I installed the rom as noted and when the play store wouldn't allow me to download content I went back into recoevery and wiped data and cache and reinstalled the same gapps and had success. So far the only problem I'm having is with bluetooth. It's only with the S Mouse. I have the keyboard fully functioning though. Im currently unable to attach my logcat file but will do so later. This is one line that sticks out "04-30 14:30:34.307 E/EventHub(3546): could not get driver version for /dev/input/mouse0, Not a typewriter". Will try and upload a complete log later.

Thanks again! I'll be happy to help out in the process.
1st May 2016, 04:49 AM |#8  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metiCkOn3

Wow! So happy right now!! Thank you for putting in the work for this. I was just about to downgrade to Lollipop but no more!

So I do have mobile data fully functioning, although I am using opengapps. I installed the rom as noted and when the play store wouldn't allow me to download content I went back into recoevery and wiped data and cache and reinstalled the same gapps and had success. So far the only problem I'm having is with bluetooth. It's only with the S Mouse. I have the keyboard fully functioning though. Im currently unable to attach my logcat file but will do so later. This is one line that sticks out "04-30 14:30:34.307 E/EventHub(3546): could not get driver version for /dev/input/mouse0, Not a typewriter". Will try and upload a complete log later.

Thanks again! I'll be happy to help out in the process.

what! you have mobile data? how?
I am not having any data here.
1st May 2016, 06:02 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhridkhan

what! you have mobile data? how?
I am not having any data here.

I switched to the ims apn, which then kicked back to the tmobile lte apn and data kicked on. I also disabled data roaming, maybe that played a part.
The Following User Says Thank You to metiCkOn3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metiCkOn3 Ad-Free
2nd May 2016, 01:43 AM |#10  

More
So I have an update. It looks like my apn was switching to a net 10 apn and giving me a connection under that apn, maybe I had data roaming on at that point in testing. To test this theory I have deleted all my apns but my tmobile us lte apn and I no longer get an LTE signal, mms does work however. I did edit the apn to match tmobile's recommeded settings for android tablets (magenta emploee here). Will keep testing.

UPDATE: Okay I got a connection and it stays for the most part. It disconnects if I put the tablet to sleep. A quick workaround is to disconnet and reconnect data. I will upload a screenshot of the settings I'm using.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160501-165831.png
Views:	194
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	3736931  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metiCkOn3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metiCkOn3 Ad-Free
2nd May 2016, 03:20 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metiCkOn3

So I have an update. It looks like my apn was switching to a net 10 apn and giving me a connection under that apn, maybe I had data roaming on at that point in testing. To test this theory I have deleted all my apns but my tmobile us lte apn and I no longer get an LTE signal, mms does work however. I did edit the apn to match tmobile's recommeded settings for android tablets (magenta emploee here). Will keep testing.

UPDATE: Okay I got a connection and it stays for the most part. It disconnects if I put the tablet to sleep. A quick workaround is to disconnet and reconnect data. I will upload a screenshot of the settings I'm using.

Can you get a log of you having an active data, going to sleep and then waking back up? easiest way is to download syslog give it root and then do the proccess. Then upload the zip anywhere you like.

Edit: Also you would probably know does the T-Mobile variant have the ability to make calls on stock? I know T805 and T705 can but they are international devices.

Edit2: I also will see if i can enable a few more mouse drivers in the kernel, bluetooth is a constant issue currently across all the tab s variants
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread