FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][7.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - SM-T705

1,947 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,340

By deadman96385, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 9th January 2017, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 builds for klimtlte (SM-T705). The following will not be supported here:
Custom kernels
Mods
Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
Flashed a custom kernel
Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
Modified system files

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s)
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash LineageOS
Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
Reboot

As the current ROM is starting to become quite stable, there's been progress made towards automated weekly builds for LineageOS 14.1.
The infrastructure is being set-up by @thompatry.
If this goes forward, this implies:

There will be a new build every week, probably build being completed late Friday.
The builds will no longer be personally tested by me before being uploaded (but everything will probably be fine)
Change logs will no longer be posted within every new build, but instead when the changes are uploaded to GitHub. I will try though to post changes for major bugs or fixes as they are released.
Some builds might feature only minor changes, ie. only updating the LineageOS source

Klimtlte Downloads

Google Apps:
http://opengapps.org/

Kernel
https://github.com/exynos5420/androi...ung_exynos5420
Device Tree
https://github.com/exynos5420/androi...msung_klimtlte

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
@Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
@UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
@crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
@eousphoros (for his device git)
@nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
@Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th January 2017, 09:36 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Saint Paul, Minnesota

Donate to Me
More

Fingerprint is disabled
Calling reboots the device

Other issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2017, 09:54 AM |#3  
Flag Poole
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Wow, that looks awesome! I will download and report back.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T705 mit Tapatalk
9th January 2017, 10:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 664

More
@deadman96385 you mention 14.1 in the thread but 6.0.1 in the topic title
If it's 14.1, can I ask you a local_manifest for chagalllte ?
Thanks
9th January 2017, 10:14 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee

@deadman96385 you mention 14.1 in the thread but 6.0.1 in the topic title
If it's 14.1, can I ask you a local_manifest for chagalllte ?
Thanks

Oops i just fixed it thanks

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- DEVICES -->
  <project name="exynos5420/android_device_samsung_klimtlte" path="device/samsung/klimtlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="exynos5420/android_device_samsung_exynos5420-common" path="device/samsung/exynos5420-common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

<!-- KERNEL -->
  <project name="exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420" path="kernel/samsung/exynos5420" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

<!-- VENDOR -->
  <project name="exynos5420/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

<!-- HARDWARE -->
  <project name="exynos5420/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5420" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="exynos5420/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="lineageos/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="lineageos/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="lineageos/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
</manifest>
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2017, 10:45 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Nice! Thanks for this man. Looking forward to testing it out. Btw which would u recommend: liquid death OS or this ROM?
9th January 2017, 11:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 664

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

Oops i just fixed it thanks

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- DEVICES -->
  <project name="exynos5420/android_device_samsung_klimtlte" path="device/samsung/klimtlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="exynos5420/android_device_samsung_exynos5420-common" path="device/samsung/exynos5420-common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

<!-- KERNEL -->
  <project name="exynos5420/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420" path="kernel/samsung/exynos5420" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

<!-- VENDOR -->
  <project name="exynos5420/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

<!-- HARDWARE -->
  <project name="exynos5420/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5420" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5420" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="exynos5420/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="lineageos/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="lineageos/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="lineageos/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
</manifest>

Thank you !

about the following line : <project name="CyanogenMod/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

It should be lineageos i guess!

Edit : Do you plan to add 14.1 branch to exynos5420/android_device_samsung_chagalllte or should i leave it as this for chagalllte ?
9th January 2017, 11:09 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adil089

Nice! Thanks for this man. Looking forward to testing it out. Btw which would u recommend: liquid death OS or this ROM?

LineageOS for now because LiquidDeath OS has to many bugs right now because it is AOSP based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee

Thank you !

about the following line : <project name="CyanogenMod/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

It should be lineageos i guess!

Yeah it should be but stlport isn't gonna be updated like at all anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2017, 12:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can you please make this rom for t700 as well..?? Most people have T700
9th January 2017, 03:00 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberttk

Can you please make this rom for t700 as well..?? Most people have T700

Doubtful i gave my t700 away for the time being. If someone would like to build it themselves it isn't hard.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadman96385 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2017, 03:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 859

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman96385

Doubtful i gave my t700 away for the time being. If someone would like to build it themselves it isn't hard.

I'm downloading the source tree right now, I should have a build and new thread up soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulicat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paulicat Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)