FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want the original Launcher or Tab A's ported launcher ?

Tab A Launcher

53 Vote(s)
51.46%
Original Launcher

50 Vote(s)
48.54%

[ROM] [TW 5.0.2] [T-700] TWDetox v.3.0 // PURE TAB A/S6 EXPERIENCE (20/05/2015)

400 posts
Thanks Meter: 760

By basic086, Senior Member on 4th May 2015, 12:41 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
An Odex-free, Knox-free, Bloat-free, Pre-rooted ROM for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T-700)

THE ULTIMATE TAB A/S6 EXPERIENCE

(================================================)

HOME SCREEN: Bundled with the latest Samsung Apps and widgets also found in the Galaxy Tab A and Galaxy S6

SMART MULTITASKING: You can use any apps you want and multitasking with them as well as using them in popup view. The Multitasking tray adds all the apps you have installed automatically.

SMART MANAGER: The great app from the Galaxy S6 and Tab A to ensure that you optimize your tablet's usage to the max !

You will experience a fast, smooth, lag-free and purified Touchwiz with the power of Lollipop onboard. Even faster and more stable than CyanogenMod. YES, even faster.

Features of this ROM :

-Based on Stock 5.0.2 T700XXU1BOE4 build with the latest Samsung Lollipop Kernel source. Will always update to latest base and kernel.

-Bundled with the latest Samsung Apps ported from Tab A/S6 and removed every useless services and background apps, increasing performance.

-Deodexed, Zipaligned and Symlinked system files for maximum performance and smoothness

-Knox disabled and removed for maximum control on your device.

-Init.d enabled Kernel and System for even more smoothness via cherry picked tweaks.

-Pre-Rooted with SuperSU and stericson's Busybox

-Multitasking works in 4 split screens, popup windows and will use any apps installed on your device.

-4 way Reboot menu

-Build.prop tweaks includes :
*Better battery life
*Faster booting time
*More RAM available
*Improved scrolling responsiveness and speed as well as a smoother UI
*Increased WiFI and internet browsing performance
*Smoother video streaming and media playback
*Image format decoding enhanced
*Performance tweaks in system and kernel

Contributors and Donators:

A big thank you to all of you for supporting my project, without you there would be no TWDetox ! I owe it to you guys big time !

BIG THANKS TO :

@skeeterpro, @Ramer
@Klael , @orion13236
@bsa5155, @yoslick50
@will6316, @koimr
@vaderrxx, @Bigdog1
@pgareis, @gbb14

(MAKE SURE YOU GIVE YOUR XDA USERNAME WHEN DONATING OR GIVING ME A BEER, SO THAT YOUR NAME APPEARS HERE )

XDA:DevDB Information
TWDetox, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
basic086
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Stock Touchwiz

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v3.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-05-17

Created 2015-05-04
Last Updated 2015-05-17
The Following 93 Users Say Thank You to basic086 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift basic086 Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 12:46 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast

Donate to Me
More
DOWNLOADS

DISCLAIMER :
Quote:

When downloading and flashing this ROM, you agree that your warranty will be void, and your tablet will be classified as running a Custom ROM.
No matter how well this ROM has been tested by its developer, you should always make a backup of your current firmware or rom in TWRP custom recovery.
I am not responsible for any misuse of my ROM and files, nor your lack of knowledge of Android Systems.
If you don't know what you're doing, either read the forums to understand how the process of flashing a ROM works or don't bother trying it.
Only relevent bugs that will be spotted by a majority of users will get my attention and will be fixed as soon as possible.
BY DOWNLOADING THIS ROM, YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO COPY, MODIFY, OR STEAL A PORTION OF THE APKs AND THE CODE FROM THE PORTED APPS WITHOUT PERMISSION.

TWDetox ROM

##########
(version v.3.0 // May 17th 2015)
FOR T700 WIFI Model
>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD<

DOWNLOAD AND FLASH SUPERSU FROM THE LINK BELOW AFTER FLASHING MY ROM, YOU HAVE TO DO IT
SuperSU -> Root access, YOU NEED to flash this after my rom) :
>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SUPERSU<

DOWNLOAD AND FLASH SUPERSU FROM THE LINK ABOVE AFTER FLASHING MY ROM, YOU HAVE TO DO IT

/!\ IF YOU NEVER HAD STOCK LOLLIPOP ON YOUR TABLET BEFORE, OR YOU SIMPLY COME FROM KITKAT, YOU WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THESE FIRST STEPS BEFORE FLASHING MY ROM

(THIS APPLIES ONLY FOR THE T700 WIFI)
1-Download Odin : DOWNLOAD HERE
2-Download from here bootloader : DOWNLOAD HERE

3-Now extract Odin from Zip file and run Odin3 v3.10.6.exe. Extract sboot.tar.md5 from TWLP_Bootloader.zip.
4-From Odin, click on BL and pick sboot.tar.md5
5-Let it load, and then press Start
6-Let it install the bootloader. It will restart your tablet. That's it ! Now you can follow the next steps to install TWDetox Rom.

Link to TWRP Custom Recovery : http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-t800-t3079488

INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL THIS ROM

1 - Make sure that you have the latest version of TWRP flashed via Odin from the link above.
2- Place the ROM Zip file 'TWDetox_v3.0.zip' in either your phone internal storage or external sd card
3-Reboot into Recovery (TWRP)
4-Make sure that System is Mounted in Mount, Tick System Checkbox
5-Now go to Wipe, Advanced Wipe, and tick the following checkboxes : Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Data then swipe to Wipe
6-When this is done, go to Install, search for 'TWDetox_v3.0.zip' and Swipe to Confirm Flash.
7-Let the flashing process be.
8-When this is done, flash SuperSU zip you've downloaded after my ROM.
9-When this is done, choose Reboot System; you're done

/!\ DON'T PANIC IF THE ROM TAKES A WHILE TO BOOT THE VERY FIRST TIME, IT TAKES USUALLY AROUND 5-10MIN TO SET UP. NO IT IS NOT BOOTLOOPING

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to basic086 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift basic086 Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 12:47 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast

Donate to Me
More
(///////////////////////////////)
Changelog

>******************************<
v.3.0 :
-Based on the latest T700 Lollipop build (T700XXU1BOE4_T700OJV1BOE2) and with the latest kernel built on May 7th.
-All Tab A apps ported and included in this new build
-Every app has been optimized
-Performance and stability increased
-Included PDFViewer, S-NOTE, new Quickconnect and new S-Finder.

v.2.01 :
-Fixed a lot of CPU related issues leading to the kernel (Android OS) draining the battery.
-Optimized build.prop tweaks
-Increased performance because the CPU issue gone. Verified on Antutu.

v.2.00 :
-Whole new base system : Taiwan's T700OZS1BOD3 stock firmware
-Updated Kernel sources to the latest ones
-Optimized each individual apps, which increases performance and snappiness all over the UI
-Added new Samsung Apps from the Galaxy Tab A, identical to the ones found in the Galaxy S6
-Multitasking now adds new apps and any other apps installed on your device
-Fixed some other performance related issues
-Added new widgets and wallpaper themes from the Galaxy Tab A.
-Added 4 way Reboot menu

v.1.02 :
-Updated kernel init.d
-Added Kernel Adiutor
-Applied fix for the Wifi and fingerprint sensor
-Applied fix to enable 5GHz Wifi
-Removed more useless services and bloatwares, more RAM should be available.
-New bootscreen and sounds ported from Galaxy Tab A

*Release Candidate 1 :
-First build, see above for the features.

(///////////////////////////////)
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

-Will you make this for the T705, T800, T805, T-whatever ?

I only own the T700, which allows me to test the builds myself and to ensure the best experience for that model.
However, the T800 will probably get some love soon and I will post a test build in the near future, since it is easy to develop for wifi only models.
As for the T805, I think that variant runs with a Snapdragon chip, so it would be very unlikely to see my rom for you guys. But then again, I might be very kind one day and try to make a test build, stay tuned

___
-Will 'superdupergreatdabeast' custom Kernel v.1318342 with overclocking at 2884092GHz (help I've fried my tablet) work on this ROM? Will Synapse work ? SELinux Permissive ?

Yes, and feel free to use any Kernels that are compatible with Lollipop touchwiz I might include my own soon.

___
-How come Netflix or (insert any google play store apps here) doesn't work ? WHY ? WAT U DO FOR NO WORKING SIR

My ROM is based on Official firmware, and although the stock kernel used has init.d enabled, it is still a very stock kernel, in no way modified. So your problem with said app is related to the developer behind this app not working properly on Stock Touchwiz 5.0.2; Blame Samsung, not me

___
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to basic086 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift basic086 Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 01:29 AM |#4  
Flag Grand Island, NE
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Been waiting for this. 👍

«Sent from my not-so-stock T700»™
The Following User Says Thank You to kisypher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kisypher Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 03:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Very excited for this ROM, will there be an option to add back some of the non-crucial Samsung apps if we want them?
The Following User Says Thank You to williamvito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift williamvito Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 04:42 AM |#6  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamvito

Very excited for this ROM, will there be an option to add back some of the non-crucial Samsung apps if we want them?

Depending on the app, you could either pull the apk or perhaps someone might have it. Presuming the OP doesn't have an option on install (like aroma).
The Following User Says Thank You to skeeterpro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeeterpro Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 07:57 AM |#8  
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 630

More
Yay, a zip based LL install! Much more convenient than Odin (in my opinion of course )
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to kipue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kipue Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 08:08 AM |#9  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I'm excited too!! Looking forward to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to clandestino123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clandestino123 Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 08:30 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Thanks boss for efforts.
I must say, may be my opinion is in minority, any twz rom has no sense with this crazy tiny interface. It is way to small for me... I us now any aosp/ cm rom with 384 or 400 dpi and it fits perfectly for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivanox1972 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ivanox1972 Ad-Free
4th May 2015, 09:07 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the support guys I'm uploading it as we speak, check out the download section for the screenshot Should be ready in around 2 hours; and yes, my upload speed is terrible
I've decided to release an early Release Candidate build because there is one tiny issue with the fingerprint lock method, it says that "an error has occured with the fingerprint sensor' when you choose the option in Lock Screen.
It might be a small issue with the fingerprint apk after it has been deodexed because it works with odex files. Still trying to sort this issue out. But other than that, the whole ROM is working perfectly as expected, so I didn't want to keep you guys waiting

I'll upload a small update file once I fix the problem so that you guys can flash it on top of the Release Candidate ! Anyways heading to uni, should be uploaded when I get back

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to basic086 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift basic086 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread