[ROM] [TW 5.0.2] [T-700] TWDetox v.3.0 // PURE TAB A/S6 EXPERIENCE (20/05/2015)

Do you want the original Launcher or Tab A's ported launcher ?

• Tab A Launcher

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • Original Launcher

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Oh tought that wasnt good now you tell me that your goes up to 75 well then ok thanks

Yeah I got worried too, but my T700 tablet runs great. It only gets warm during gaming and file transfers. In twrp you can do a file transfer and watch the temp sky rocket. I panicked also but there has been no problems thus far. Keeps running like the energizer bunny.

rookie12

Nov 22, 2014
Yeah I got worried too, but my T700 tablet runs great. It only gets warm during gaming and file transfers. In twrp you can do a file transfer and watch the temp sky rocket. I panicked also but there has been no problems thus far. Keeps running like the energizer bunny.

I got it hot till 40C on DETOX with gamr and i switched over blisspop and i played the same game and it got 45C in a few minutes on blisspop so thats why i came back to detox because this doesnt get hot like blisspop you go ahead and try play a game on detox check heat play the same game on blisspop and see the difference and tell me if its okay iplayed and tested dead trigger 2 for an half hour and battery drained so fast with blisspop

basic086

Sep 17, 2014
Gold Coast
gday, just a tiny update : Had lots of things going on IRL, didn't get to be on my laptop much and so on, just checked the forum once in a while on my phone, just seeing those Tab A apps popping out of nowhere on different thread is too hilarious, I mean seriously, who had the idea to get the system dump from some cheap ass tablet in the first place hahaha little s hits don't even care, don't even try to improve it, just a good ol' copy paste on WinRAR. Not sure if I'll keep going, I was almost ready for the AROMA release but hey why the f uck bother, some c unt just gonna download it and change the label on the zip folder and say 'hey sup guys my rom njoy' . µ

For those who supported me and used my ROM, thank you very much, I really appreciate it and I really loved the kind messages, but XDA should me renamed XcopypasteDA lol

kiss kiss love love for now

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
gday, just a tiny update : Had lots of things going on IRL, didn't get to be on my laptop much and so on, just checked the forum once in a while on my phone, just seeing those Tab A apps popping out of nowhere on different thread is too hilarious, I mean seriously, who had the idea to get the system dump from some cheap ass tablet in the first place hahaha little s hits don't even care, don't even try to improve it, just a good ol' copy paste on WinRAR. Not sure if I'll keep going, I was almost ready for the AROMA release but hey why the f uck bother, some c unt just gonna download it and change the label on the zip folder and say 'hey sup guys my rom njoy' . µ

For those who supported me and used my ROM, thank you very much, I really appreciate it and I really loved the kind messages, but XDA should me renamed XcopypasteDA lol

The first version of your rom dropped 2 days after i bought my tab s.....ran stock for those 2 days then jumped on this rom and each update. My tab flies and i thank you for the work and time you spent to make it. I hope you continue but i understand the resentment that comes from people taking. Hope your move went well.

rcloke91

Mar 22, 2013
I'd really hate to see you end development, basic, but I think we all understand if you no longer find it worthwhile. We definitely wouldn't fault you.

Catpoule

Aug 19, 2011
Saint Claude
Hi every body. I just tried this rom and I really like it. It's fast. Looks like my note 4 now lol ?
I need a favour please. I am trying to install viper4android but I did not succeed. Can someone please help me to install it on this rom if you succeed?

Envoyé de mon SM-N910F en utilisant Tapatalk

RoyBM

Aug 1, 2014
well I really hope you change your mind Basic.
I totally understand though how it feels to have someone just steal your work without giving credit were credit is deserved.
I mean without you, how will we survive!? lol

skeeterpro

Jan 8, 2011
Iowa

Damn. Been off for a bit meself, mate. Hope all is well IRL.

A pox on the blighter who lifted your work! Been a fan of your work from the get-go. Does all I need and more so why move? As to the lame ass who "borrowed"....well, karma has a way of evening out the score. Let's hope it's soon.

If, and when, you post up what I am SURE would be an amazing piece of kit, know this that I'm there!

Peace out....

lawrex

Mar 8, 2012
Thanks @basic086 for this rom. I bit the bullet and threw everything at it and it is fast and stable. It gives back everything I missed when Sammy did their ota. So far I have had zero issues. 117 pages was a lot to read through but So worth it. Thanks again.

jbach44

Jan 23, 2009
still cant figure out why netflix wont work for me only on this rom. I tried a fresh reinstall, only thing I havent done was a total wipe (i.e. including internal SD wipe also)

Reactions: jca1981

juggamonkey

Jan 18, 2010
We are waiting ur new rom for my T705 :(. could you?:confused:

Please don't clutter the thread. Not trying to be rude but its ridiculous how bad people in this tab s thread have been asking for eta's or for a dev to fix something . I'm coming from a nexus 6 thread where u hardly seen any of that . I've been on xda awhile and I've seen plenty of good devs just pack it up and stop everything on the account of people asking the same stuff over and over. sorry to clutter thread more with my rant but I felt like it needed to be said.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app

basic086

Sep 17, 2014
Gold Coast
Mod information: post edited to remove profanity and other inappropriate language.

I'm done with this place, anybody just rips people off, I couldn't be bothered with this. When the Tab S2 firmware comes online, I'll just make my own rom and keep it for myself, at least no one is gonna use them anyways lol

It's like this for every single device, one guy gets the idea and the files, then a month later, there are like 10 threads with the exact same files, just a different update script with some random names. It was hilarious to begin with but now it's just ridiculous. Biggest waste of time.

Thanks to some of the members in this thread for being really nice, and I really appreciated your time, and I'm sorry for this.

Just give you one advice : All ROMs are more or less the same. They have the exact same battery life and performance. Only when someone overclocks the Kernel to 2.1GHz because (yeah so butter smooth yesh so gret lolz), yeah you get a slight performance gain, but to the cost of frying your motherboard. Why would you need 2.1GHz on a tablet anyways, most app are optimized to run on the worstconfigs ever, apart from gaming, most app don't need the overclocking.
But you get the point. Most ROMs only try to sell you some words because in reality, there is absolutely nothing different.
I'm done flashing my tablet 50 times a day. I've got other things to do, and I actually need to use my tablet, actually USE it, not spend 7hours on bootloops or TWRP menu.

If you're a 'flashaholic' like some like to call it, please don't be one. You'll waste your time, and the results will be disappointing. There is no Magic ROM out there. They are all the same. It's UNIX, it's Android, period. Just because there are little tweaks and apps doesn't mean that you'll get 9999999999999999999h of battery life and 92837489237429389k score on Antutu.

Thank you.

Byebye XDA

(EDIT : Oh yeah and as of TWDetox, you can use the files, do whatever you want with them, you can even download it and rename the zip file to something else if that makes you happy.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramer

Jun 20, 2010
Sunset
I'm done with this place, anybody just rips people off, I couldn't be bothered with this. When the Tab S2 firmware comes online, I'll just make my own rom and keep it for myself, at least no one is gonna use them anyways lol

It's like this for every single device, one guy gets the idea and the files, then a month later, there are like 10 threads with the exact same files, just a different update script with some random names. It was hilarious to begin with but now it's just ridiculous. Biggest waste of time.

Thanks to some of the members in this thread for being really nice, and I really appreciated your time, and I'm sorry for this.

Just give you one advice : All ROMs are more or less the same. They have the exact same battery life and performance. Only when someone overclocks the Kernel to 2.1GHz because (yeah so butter smooth yesh so gret lolz), yeah you get a slight performance gain, but to the cost of frying your motherboard. Why would you need 2.1GHz on a tablet anyways, most app are optimized to run on the worstconfigs ever, apart from gaming, most app don't need the overclocking.
But you get the point. Most ROMs only try to sell you some words because in reality, there is absolutely nothing different.
I'm done flashing my tablet 50 times a day. I've got other things to do, and I actually need to use my tablet, actually USE it, not spend 7hours on bootloops or TWRP menu.

If you're a 'flashaholic' like some like to call it, please don't be one. You'll waste your time, and the results will be disappointing. There is no Magic ROM out there. They are all the same. It's UNIX, it's Android, period. Just because there are little tweaks and apps doesn't mean that you'll get 9999999999999999999h of battery life and 92837489237429389k score on Antutu.

Thank you.

Byebye XDA

Would you please request a moderator close the thread?
Edit: Requested thread closed myself. I've reviewed @basic086 historical posts and this is a repeat performance. Great rom but until 5.1 comes out, it stable and the best daily driver.

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City

Thank you.

Byebye XDA
Hey I found your thread man!
I laughed my ass off about your post.
Did you see how long I already develop roms? Why do you do like: oooh Tkkg just copied all my files. I did not. Check them. I have a github page. Compare them, I did not copy them.
Maybe you did not remember, but the idea of porting stuff from different devices wasn't from you!
I have begun with it in this forum. Note Pro features: as notepro keyboard and 4 way multiwindow.

I really don't like the way you talk about me!

You can search my thread. People asked for a Tab A port of some apps....

And to all users here: Most of you know me, and you also know that I am a good guy and I would not just copy a rom from someone else. I mean why should I do that? I know that my ironrom is 100x better than this.
Go ahead and do whatever you want. But don't accuse me of stealing things! I hate that. @Moscow Desire
Here is the other thread you should have a look. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Untitled.jpg
    An Odex-free, Knox-free, Bloat-free, Pre-rooted ROM for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T-700)​
    THE ULTIMATE TAB A/S6 EXPERIENCE

(================================================)​

HOME SCREEN: Bundled with the latest Samsung Apps and widgets also found in the Galaxy Tab A and Galaxy S6
    Screenshot_2015_05_16_19_02_15.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_21_20_14.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_21_31_19.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_20_14_05.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_13_10_33.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_13_15_43.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_13_07_08.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_13_00_08.png

SMART MULTITASKING: You can use any apps you want and multitasking with them as well as using them in popup view. The Multitasking tray adds all the apps you have installed automatically.
    Screenshot_2015_05_16_21_25_42.png

SMART MANAGER: The great app from the Galaxy S6 and Tab A to ensure that you optimize your tablet's usage to the max !
    Screenshot_2015_05_16_12_56_08.png
    Screenshot_2015_05_16_20_13_02.png

Screenshot_2015_05_16_20_13_10.png
    Screenshot_2015_05_16_20_13_13.png

You will experience a fast, smooth, lag-free and purified Touchwiz with the power of Lollipop onboard. Even faster and more stable than CyanogenMod. YES, even faster. ;)
    Screenshot_2015_05_16_17_10_34.png

Features of this ROM :

-Based on Stock 5.0.2 T700XXU1BOE4 build with the latest Samsung Lollipop Kernel source. Will always update to latest base and kernel.​
    -Bundled with the latest Samsung Apps ported from Tab A/S6 and removed every useless services and background apps, increasing performance.​
    -Deodexed, Zipaligned and Symlinked system files for maximum performance and smoothness​
    -Knox disabled and removed for maximum control on your device.​
    -Init.d enabled Kernel and System for even more smoothness via cherry picked tweaks.​
    -Pre-Rooted with SuperSU and stericson's Busybox​
    -Multitasking works in 4 split screens, popup windows and will use any apps installed on your device.​
    -4 way Reboot menu​

-Build.prop tweaks includes :
    *Better battery life
    *Faster booting time
    *More RAM available
    *Improved scrolling responsiveness and speed as well as a smoother UI
    *Increased WiFI and internet browsing performance
    *Smoother video streaming and media playback
    *Image format decoding enhanced
    *Performance tweaks in system and kernel

Contributors and Donators:

A big thank you to all of you for supporting my project, without you there would be no TWDetox ! I owe it to you guys big time !

BIG THANKS TO :

@skeeterpro, @Ramer
    @Klael , @orion13236
    @bsa5155, @yoslick50
    @will6316, @koimr
    @vaderrxx, @Bigdog1
    @pgareis, @gbb14

(MAKE SURE YOU GIVE YOUR XDA USERNAME WHEN DONATING OR GIVING ME A BEER, SO THAT YOUR NAME APPEARS HERE :highfive:)

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWDetox, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    basic086
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Stock Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-05-17

Created 2015-05-04
    Last Updated 2015-05-17
    DOWNLOADS

DISCLAIMER :
    When downloading and flashing this ROM, you agree that your warranty will be void, and your tablet will be classified as running a Custom ROM.
    No matter how well this ROM has been tested by its developer, you should always make a backup of your current firmware or rom in TWRP custom recovery.
    I am not responsible for any misuse of my ROM and files, nor your lack of knowledge of Android Systems.
    If you don't know what you're doing, either read the forums to understand how the process of flashing a ROM works or don't bother trying it.
    Only relevent bugs that will be spotted by a majority of users will get my attention and will be fixed as soon as possible.
    BY DOWNLOADING THIS ROM, YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO COPY, MODIFY, OR STEAL A PORTION OF THE APKs AND THE CODE FROM THE PORTED APPS WITHOUT PERMISSION.

TWDetox ROM​

##########
    (version v.3.0 // May 17th 2015)
    FOR T700 WIFI Model
    >CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD<

DOWNLOAD AND FLASH SUPERSU FROM THE LINK BELOW AFTER FLASHING MY ROM, YOU HAVE TO DO IT
    SuperSU -> Root access, YOU NEED to flash this after my rom) :
    >CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SUPERSU<

DOWNLOAD AND FLASH SUPERSU FROM THE LINK ABOVE AFTER FLASHING MY ROM, YOU HAVE TO DO IT

/!\ IF YOU NEVER HAD STOCK LOLLIPOP ON YOUR TABLET BEFORE, OR YOU SIMPLY COME FROM KITKAT, YOU WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THESE FIRST STEPS BEFORE FLASHING MY ROM

(THIS APPLIES ONLY FOR THE T700 WIFI)
    1-Download Odin : DOWNLOAD HERE
    2-Download from here bootloader : DOWNLOAD HERE

3-Now extract Odin from Zip file and run Odin3 v3.10.6.exe. Extract sboot.tar.md5 from TWLP_Bootloader.zip.
    4-From Odin, click on BL and pick sboot.tar.md5
    5-Let it load, and then press Start
    6-Let it install the bootloader. It will restart your tablet. That's it ! Now you can follow the next steps to install TWDetox Rom.

Link to TWRP Custom Recovery : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/root-cf-autoroot-twrp-t800-t3079488

INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL THIS ROM​

1 - Make sure that you have the latest version of TWRP flashed via Odin from the link above.
    2- Place the ROM Zip file 'TWDetox_v3.0.zip' in either your phone internal storage or external sd card
    3-Reboot into Recovery (TWRP)
    4-Make sure that System is Mounted in Mount, Tick System Checkbox
    5-Now go to Wipe, Advanced Wipe, and tick the following checkboxes : Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Data then swipe to Wipe
    6-When this is done, go to Install, search for 'TWDetox_v3.0.zip' and Swipe to Confirm Flash.
    7-Let the flashing process be.
    8-When this is done, flash SuperSU zip you've downloaded after my ROM.
    9-When this is done, choose Reboot System; you're done :)

/!\ DON'T PANIC IF THE ROM TAKES A WHILE TO BOOT THE VERY FIRST TIME, IT TAKES USUALLY AROUND 5-10MIN TO SET UP. NO IT IS NOT BOOTLOOPING ;)

(///////////////////////////////)​
    Changelog​

>******************************<
    v.3.0 :
    -Based on the latest T700 Lollipop build (T700XXU1BOE4_T700OJV1BOE2) and with the latest kernel built on May 7th.
    -All Tab A apps ported and included in this new build
    -Every app has been optimized
    -Performance and stability increased
    -Included PDFViewer, S-NOTE, new Quickconnect and new S-Finder.

v.2.01 :
    -Fixed a lot of CPU related issues leading to the kernel (Android OS) draining the battery.
    -Optimized build.prop tweaks
    -Increased performance because the CPU issue gone. Verified on Antutu.

v.2.00 :
    -Whole new base system : Taiwan's T700OZS1BOD3 stock firmware
    -Updated Kernel sources to the latest ones
    -Optimized each individual apps, which increases performance and snappiness all over the UI
    -Added new Samsung Apps from the Galaxy Tab A, identical to the ones found in the Galaxy S6
    -Multitasking now adds new apps and any other apps installed on your device
    -Fixed some other performance related issues
    -Added new widgets and wallpaper themes from the Galaxy Tab A.
    -Added 4 way Reboot menu

v.1.02 :
    -Updated kernel init.d
    -Added Kernel Adiutor
    -Applied fix for the Wifi and fingerprint sensor
    -Applied fix to enable 5GHz Wifi
    -Removed more useless services and bloatwares, more RAM should be available.
    -New bootscreen and sounds ported from Galaxy Tab A

*Release Candidate 1 :
    -First build, see above for the features.

(///////////////////////////////)​
    FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions​

-Will you make this for the T705, T800, T805, T-whatever ?

I only own the T700, which allows me to test the builds myself and to ensure the best experience for that model.
    However, the T800 will probably get some love soon and I will post a test build in the near future, since it is easy to develop for wifi only models.
    As for the T805, I think that variant runs with a Snapdragon chip, so it would be very unlikely to see my rom for you guys. But then again, I might be very kind one day and try to make a test build, stay tuned :)

___
    -Will 'superdupergreatdabeast' custom Kernel v.1318342 with overclocking at 2884092GHz (help I've fried my tablet) work on this ROM? Will Synapse work ? SELinux Permissive ?

Yes, and feel free to use any Kernels that are compatible with Lollipop touchwiz :) I might include my own soon.

___
    -How come Netflix or (insert any google play store apps here) doesn't work ? WHY ? WAT U DO FOR NO WORKING SIR

My ROM is based on Official firmware, and although the stock kernel used has init.d enabled, it is still a very stock kernel, in no way modified. So your problem with said app is related to the developer behind this app not working properly on Stock Touchwiz 5.0.2; Blame Samsung, not me :angel:

___

I'll make the modification for the next update and pre install xposed on it for you guys :)
    Just a little update, since I have time today, I am working on the v.3.50 build which will include Aroma Installer, and you'll be able to build TWDetox the way you want to. Choices will include the Original Launcher/Tab A Launcher, the ability to choose which Samsung apps you want, and a bit more. I'll also try to address the small bugs you guys were mentioning and fix them, if I have the time.
    I'm testing the US Stock lollipop build to see if it's any good, and I might (need further testing) use it as the base for v.3.50. (EDIT: Build date is a bit older, 5th of May)

Might be able to upload this new release around the end of next week. We'll see :)