[ROOT][RECOVERY][ALL IN ONE] Cf-Autoroot-twrp-T700/705/800/805/Tab S- UPDATE 23/4/15

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
;)Updated CF-autoroot with latest Supersu binaries and combined TWRP recovery for SM-T800/SM-T805/T700/T705 Exynos only, Lollipop and Kitkat

I've noticed that quite a number of people seeking to root their device also flash TWRP afterwards, seeing as it's unnecessary to do both steps I have made an all in one package to root and install TWRP recovery.
Cf-autoroot has been updated with the latest Supersu binaries and TWRP has been updated with my fixed version (ADB root shell and Download mode fixes).

UPDATE - I have updated all versions with new builds. TWRP is now v2.8.6.2 and now includes the fixes recently pushed to their repo for encrypted backups. I have also addressed the slow wipe issue, cache, system, etc., which some have experienced and should now be much quicker.
Each device now has it's own build, this is to ensure that TWRP recovery build properties reflect the device it's installed on. ROMs such as CM12 should now install without issue.

Feedback is welcome. :)

Simply flash with ODIN. Odin 10.6

cf-autoroot-twrp-t700
cf-autoroot-twrp-t705

cf-autoroot-twrp-t800
cf-autoroot-twrp-t805

Check root status with ROOT VALIDATOR

Guide how to flash, credit to Usama m.
http://techbeasts.com/2015/05/01/root-twrp-recovery-galaxy-tab-s-84-running-lollipop-502/

UPDATED TWRP:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3074633

NOTE: It is important to boot to recovery after flashing or twrp may not stick and will be replaced with stock recovery.
When flashing uncheck auto reboot in Odin, immediately after flashing manually reboot and boot into twrp.

Manual reboot is POWER + HOME +VOL DOWN then as soon as the screen goes blank immediately change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.

Credits to chainfire for his great work.

FEEDBACK PLEASE ;)
AND DONT FORGET THAT THANKS BUTTON :good: HIT AND RUN IS NOT NICE :(

Last edited:

d3xtr0

Jul 21, 2006
Testing..

EDIT:

Root is working great, at least terminal got root permissions and recovery does work too !

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: ashyx

THunDA

Feb 27, 2008
Suffolk County NY
Just picked up a T800 as a birthday present to my mom.. Its going to be hard to give this thing to her..lol

Anyways.. just used this to root and it worked perfect.. Had already took ota to LP..

Thanks !!

Reactions: ashyx

lloydb9382

Dec 19, 2011
In the Odin section, the Tar. File , i just want to double check , i have to put it on the AP box correct ?, thanx :confused:

almony8

Dec 6, 2010
Google Pixel Fold
T807A, is that a model this could possibly work on? I just got this tablet and just starting to look for root. It's an AT&T tab s 10.5

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
T807A, is that a model this could possibly work on? I just got this tablet and just starting to look for root. It's an AT&T tab s 10.5

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

Unfortunately AT&T lock the bootloader, so atm you're stuck with a device that cannot be modified in any way.

Sent from my SM-T805 using XDA Free mobile app

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro
After using the app with odin, root checker indicates that "Root access not properly configured or granted".
Root question comes up but can not check the box to allow.
Had an issue like this on a different device and it was corrected when I changed to ART, but do not know where it is in 5.0.2?
Just tried TWRP, and it is allowed.

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
After using the app with odin, root checker indicates that "Root access not properly configured or granted".
Root question comes up but can not check the box to allow.
Had an issue like this on a different device and it was corrected when I changed to ART, but do not know where it is in 5.0.2?
Just tried TWRP, and it is allowed.

Use Root Validator and post the output. Root checker doesn't give enough information.

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-08-23.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-08-23.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,522

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: HLG114

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro
Looks like you are rooted but are not granting root permission when asked.
Is the post below any solution to your problem?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3076796

If you still have problems you could open the Super su app and change in settings to 'Grant' root access by default.

BINGO!, it was Lux. I did an uninstall and rebooted and had ROOT.........WOW, strange that this would be the answer, but it worked for me at this moment.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ;)Updated CF-autoroot with latest Supersu binaries and combined TWRP recovery for SM-T800/SM-T805/T700/T705 Exynos only, Lollipop and Kitkat

I've noticed that quite a number of people seeking to root their device also flash TWRP afterwards, seeing as it's unnecessary to do both steps I have made an all in one package to root and install TWRP recovery.
    Cf-autoroot has been updated with the latest Supersu binaries and TWRP has been updated with my fixed version (ADB root shell and Download mode fixes).

UPDATE - I have updated all versions with new builds. TWRP is now v2.8.6.2 and now includes the fixes recently pushed to their repo for encrypted backups. I have also addressed the slow wipe issue, cache, system, etc., which some have experienced and should now be much quicker.
    Each device now has it's own build, this is to ensure that TWRP recovery build properties reflect the device it's installed on. ROMs such as CM12 should now install without issue.

Feedback is welcome. :)

Simply flash with ODIN. Odin 10.6

cf-autoroot-twrp-t700
    cf-autoroot-twrp-t705

cf-autoroot-twrp-t800
    cf-autoroot-twrp-t805

Check root status with ROOT VALIDATOR

Guide how to flash, credit to Usama m.
    http://techbeasts.com/2015/05/01/root-twrp-recovery-galaxy-tab-s-84-running-lollipop-502/

UPDATED TWRP:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3074633

NOTE: It is important to boot to recovery after flashing or twrp may not stick and will be replaced with stock recovery.
    When flashing uncheck auto reboot in Odin, immediately after flashing manually reboot and boot into twrp.

Manual reboot is POWER + HOME +VOL DOWN then as soon as the screen goes blank immediately change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.

Credits to chainfire for his great work.

FEEDBACK PLEASE ;)
    AND DONT FORGET THAT THANKS BUTTON :good: HIT AND RUN IS NOT NICE :(

I just can't to get it to work tried several recoveries but none work when i try to flash them through odin.. It keeps staying at stock recovery.. What am i doing wrong?

I take it you are on lollipop? The recovery is being automatically replaced when booting.
    Next time you flash uncheck auto reboot in Odin.
    When the flash completes manually restart the device with POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME. As soon as it restarts change to VOL UP while still holding the other buttons until Twrp boots.
    Twrp will then patch it so that it can't be replaced by stock recovery.
    Received my T700 S8.4 yesterday and thanks to this guide have already rooted and TWRP'd up. Thanks a lot :)

A tap on the thanks button, says a thousand words. ;)
    I think this is the last time I'm going to answer this. It's been asked numerous times already. :banghead:
    The answer is even in the previous post. It clearly states supports lollipop.
    First.. Thank you for this very useful tool!

I plan on using this root/recovery method tonight on my T700 and I wanted to know if the TWRP 2.8.6.2 recovery version that come with this tool is the latest version of TWRP or will I have to update to a newer version?

Thank again..

I have an update of twrp v2.8.7.2 posted in this section.