FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT]Official CF-Auto-Root By Chainfire. [T-700][T-705][T-800][T805]

3,095 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,422

By edan1979, Senior Member on 19th September 2014, 04:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is to announce that @Chainfire has already released Cf-Auto-Root compatible for each device on this section.

Main thread to thanks him

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683

Files can always be found on his website here

http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

Current Support Device as per today

samsung SM-T700 klimtwifixx klimtwifi universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T705 klimtltexx klimtlte universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T705C klimtltetdzc klimtlte universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T705M klimtlteub klimtlte universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T705Y klimtltedo klimtlte universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T800 chagallwifixx chagallwifi universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T805 chagallltexx chagalllte universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T805C chagallltetdzc chagalllte universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T805M chagalllteub chagalllte universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T805W chagallltevl chagallltecan universal5420 exynos5
samsung SM-T805Y chagallltezt chagalllte universal5420 exynos5
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free

19th September 2014, 04:26 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL

Donate to Me
More
Post from main thread.

CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. In essence, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access.

Donate
CF-Root and CF-Auto-Root have been available for many devices (over 50 different models !) and have clocked over 9 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that include CF-Root (non-Auto) kernels. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every user had donated me $1...

What's installed
- SuperSU binary and APK
- Stock recovery (note that any other recovery you may have installed will be overwritten !)

What's the difference between CF-Auto-Root and CF-Root, and/or other root solutions ?
CF-Root (non-Auto) are manually built rooted kernels and/or flashables that usually provide more than "just root". CF-Auto-Root is built on an automated system that I am constantly improving that takes a stock recovery image and returns an automated rooting packages. These packages are designed to install and enable SuperSU on your device, so apps can gain root access, and nothing more.

The difference with many other rooting solutions is that those will often install a custom recovery for you (I am personally moving away from custom kernels and recoveries, for various reasons), while with CF-Auto-Root you will end up with a stock recovery again.

Not included - custom recovery
A custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is not included.

Not included - Triangle Away
Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
19th September 2014, 04:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL

Donate to Me
More
Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!

- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
- If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA (AP in odin v3.x) button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, manually shutdown your device and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.

New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN ) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!

Flashing with Odin

1. Put your phone into download mode. To do this turn the phone off and then press volume down+home button+power button at the same time. You will then get a warning saying press up to continue and down to cancel, press volume up and you are now in download mode

2. Start Odin

3.At this point please make sure that ONLY TWO OPTIONS TICKED are "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" (otherwise you could end up with a very expensive paperweight)

4. If there was only one tar file when you extracted the firmware put it in the PDA section.This just means this file contains the PDA+PHONE+CSC all in one firmware

If there are three files they should have one of PDA/PHONE/CSC in their names look for this and put them in the corresponding section.

5. Plug your device into the computer, wait for the drivers to install and then wait for the ID:COM section to turn blue.

6.ONCE AGAIN CHECK YOU HAVE NOT TICKED RE-PARTITION OR PUT IN A PIT FILE

7.Press start and the flash will begin, once this has started do not remove the usb cable or turn of your computer or the device the phone will reboot once the flash has finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	odinai.jpg
Views:	14292
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	3026111   Click image for larger version

Name:	odinpoint3.jpg
Views:	11738
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	3026112   Click image for larger version

Name:	odinpoint4.jpg
Views:	11526
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	3026113   Click image for larger version

Name:	odinpoint5.jpg
Views:	10710
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	3026114   Click image for larger version

Name:	odinfinsihed.jpg
Views:	10508
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	3026115  
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
20th September 2014, 03:19 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey, where is the unzip?
21st September 2014, 01:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
We know about triggering knox?
22nd September 2014, 03:21 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL

Donate to Me
More
it will trigger knox to 0x1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
22nd September 2014, 10:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Is this root build specific? My T-800 is on build ANFB.
22nd September 2014, 11:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Ok I read that after rooting u can loose imei number how do u back up imei.
22nd September 2014, 11:33 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoning

Is this root build specific? My T-800 is on build ANFB.

nope. just take the T-800 version. will work fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo86

Ok I read that after rooting u can loose imei number how do u back up imei.

dont know how can a guy loose imei after rooting.
The Following User Says Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
22nd September 2014, 11:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
At eden
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2877943
23rd September 2014, 12:03 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamo86

At eden
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2877943

i've been rooting my device a lots since i use it for dev. never face that problem. it mostly user fault.
The Following User Says Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)