Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
- Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip
file (see posts below this one)
- If you end up with a recovery.img
file, you've extracted twice
. You need to end up with a .tar.md5
file - don't extract that one
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA (AP in odin v3.x) button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
- Put your phone in download
mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power
to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition
- Click the Start
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)
Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, manually shutdown your device and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN
) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!
Flashing with Odin
1. Put your phone into download mode. To do this turn the phone off and then press volume down+home button+power button at the same time. You will then get a warning saying press up to continue and down to cancel, press volume up and you are now in download mode
2. Start Odin
3.At this point please make sure that ONLY TWO OPTIONS TICKED are "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" (otherwise you could end up with a very expensive paperweight)
4. If there was only one tar file when you extracted the firmware put it in the PDA section.This just means this file contains the PDA+PHONE+CSC all in one firmware
If there are three files they should have one of PDA/PHONE/CSC in their names look for this and put them in the corresponding section.
5. Plug your device into the computer, wait for the drivers to install and then wait for the ID:COM section to turn blue.
6.ONCE AGAIN CHECK YOU HAVE NOT TICKED RE-PARTITION OR PUT IN A PIT FILE
7.Press start and the flash will begin, once this has started do not remove the usb cable or turn of your computer or the device
the phone will reboot once the flash has finished.