Thanks Meter: 9,510

By ashyx, Recognized Contributor on 12th September 2016, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2016, 01:14 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

You need to migrate your data from internal to external sdcard otherwise it's always going to be full. That's the whole point of adopting the sdcard to use as internal storage.

Go into storage settings tap the sdcard and then migrate data.

Wasn't it supposed to show internal storage as one space only , the sum of internal + adopted storage? The system is supposed to take care of destination of new data to the partition less full.

17th September 2016, 02:06 AM |#32  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster

Wasn't it supposed to show internal storage as one space only , the sum of internal + adopted storage? The system is supposed to take care of destination of new data to the partition less full.

You would be wise to read the second link on reddit in OP.
17th September 2016, 07:35 AM |#33  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Guys, I know that this might not be the right forum to post this, but when I want to format my SD card as internal storage it gives me a weird error, also it crashes my "explorer.exe" on my PC
The message I get on my tabS is "command '15 volume partition disk 179,32 private' failed with '400 15 Command failed'
21st September 2016, 06:41 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can this be done without tripping knox?
22nd September 2016, 11:15 AM |#35  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmate1024

Can this be done without tripping knox?

Possibly if you have root, but surely your device is or almost out of warranty by now?
22nd September 2016, 01:54 PM |#36  

More
Quote:

Possibly if you have root, but surely your device is or almost out of warranty by now?

Unfortunately it not about the warranty. One of my tablets I also use for work and with knox tripped I wont be able to sign in/use the apps. So any ideas/help with getting this to work and keeping knox would be much appreciated.

BTW, you people are amazing for getting this to work. I already used this patch on my wife's 10.5; she has all her games installed and says there is no noticeable slowdowns. Probably going to update and use this patch on the 8.4 in my car also, even though I dont really need it.

Sucks that Samsung gimped MM like this, especially on devices with only 16gigs.
22nd September 2016, 03:20 PM |#37  

More
any way to apply this on non rooted mm
Quote:

As you may all know Samsung disabled the Adoptable storage function in the Tab S. Even the well known S7 hack doesn't work. Well now it's back...

Thanks to some legwork (no pun intended) by @longshanks197 we now have a workable solution.
As previously thought, Samsung disabled adoptable storage in the framework.

I have created this patch to fix the issue by patching the boot image and replacing sm.jar in system.
This will enable the adoptable storage feature in Settings>Storage

NOTE: I advise making a backup with TWRP before proceeding.

INSTALL:

Copy the zip below to your device then install with TWRP.

adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx

For information how to enable adoptable storage see the guide below:

how-to-use-adoptable-storage-on-android-6-0-marshmallow

This may also be worth a read for more info:

guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

any way to apply this on non rooted mm t800 officicial
22nd September 2016, 04:53 PM |#38  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Unfortunately it not about the warranty. One of my tablets I also use for work and with knox tripped I wont be able to sign in/use the apps. So any ideas/help with getting this to work and keeping knox would be much appreciated.

BTW, you people are amazing for getting this to work. I already used this patch on my wife's 10.5; she has all her games installed and says there is no noticeable slowdowns. Probably going to update and use this patch on the 8.4 in my car also, even though I dont really need it.

Sucks that Samsung gimped MM like this, especially on devices with only 16gigs.

If you can get temporary root with kingroot then it can be done.
23rd September 2016, 01:56 PM |#39  

More
Quote:

If you can get temporary root with kingroot then it can be done.

It looks like king root will(hopefully) work with MM so Ill give it a try. After running it, if it works, what needs to be done/how would I go about getting this to patch to work?
23rd September 2016, 02:36 PM |#40  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It looks like king root will(hopefully) work with MM so Ill give it a try. After running it, if it works, what needs to be done/how would I go about getting this to patch to work?

Copy the sm.apk into your system/framework directory then follow the instructions for the S7 hack.
24th September 2016, 12:55 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

As you may all know Samsung disabled the Adoptable storage function in the Tab S. Even the well known S7 hack doesn't work. Well now it's back...

Thanks to some legwork (no pun intended) by @longshanks197 we now have a workable solution.
As previously thought, Samsung disabled adoptable storage in the framework.

I have created this patch to fix the issue by patching the boot image and replacing sm.jar in system.
This will enable the adoptable storage feature in Settings>Storage

NOTE: I advise making a backup with TWRP before proceeding.

INSTALL:

Copy the zip below to your device then install with TWRP.

adoptable_storage_enabler_ashyx

For information how to enable adoptable storage see the guide below:

how-to-use-adoptable-storage-on-android-6-0-marshmallow

This may also be worth a read for more info:

guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Can you built this patch to Samsung j500h a lot of user will be interested for this masterpiece.Samsung j5 series got only 8g of internal half of it consume by system app. I tried the patch to my tab 's t700 it's flawless bravo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)