New Tab s 8.4 T705 on the way

Search This thread

randybellis

Aug 25, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
Ordered my T705 today and should be here tomorrow. I had the wifi and missed it after I thought I didnt need it. After a few months I decided it was time to get another one but this time Im going with a 4G model.

What Rom are most people using with the t705?

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Ordered my T705 today and should be here tomorrow. I had the wifi and missed it after I thought I didnt need it. After a few months I decided it was time to get another one but this time Im going with a 4G model.

Probably stock.

Ripx88

Dec 23, 2014
Stock, rooted, heavily debloated. Runs beautifully for me and has been consistent in the 7 8 months I've had the tablet. Blisspop is a excellent AOSP ROM. If you are going that route I'd definitely recommend it. You also have lollipop now, haven't had a chance to see how it performs with TW. I'm still waiting on it for mine :(

MohamedN

Mar 16, 2012
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S22
Stock, rooted, heavily debloated. Runs beautifully for me and has been consistent in the 7 8 months I've had the tablet. Blisspop is a excellent AOSP ROM. If you are going that route I'd definitely recommend it. You also have lollipop now, haven't had a chance to see how it performs with TW. I'm still waiting on it for mine :(
Mobile data doesn't work with blisspop, also there's no tw lollipop for the t705 yet..
I would say stock with skyhigh kernel is best for now..

Sent from my SM-T705

Ripx88

Dec 23, 2014
Mobile data doesn't work with blisspop, also there's no tw lollipop for the t705 yet..
I would say stock with skyhigh kernel is best for now..

Sent from my SM-T705

Yea I read post to fast. Was on my way out. Was referring to the WiFi 8.4 in my post not realizing he was talking about LTE version. I still can't get LTE on skyhigh kernel or else I'd probably be running it too. 807 model is such a small group of people no one develops for it. Hopefully this month the LTE versions both get lollipop. Would be nice.

randybellis

Aug 25, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
Yea I read post to fast. Was on my way out. Was referring to the WiFi 8.4 in my post not realizing he was talking about LTE version. I still can't get LTE on skyhigh kernel or else I'd probably be running it too. 807 model is such a small group of people no one develops for it. Hopefully this month the LTE versions both get lollipop. Would be nice.

Well AT&T F'ed me over. I ordered it Friday and for some reason the order didnt go through. So I ordered t again today and I will have it this week. As long as I can get room with the skyhigh kernel I'll be happy.

Does anyone use this as a phone?

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Well AT&T F'ed me over. I ordered it Friday and for some reason the order didnt go through. So I ordered t again today and I will have it this week. As long as I can get room with the skyhigh kernel I'll be happy.

Does anyone use this as a phone?

How did you get a T705 from AT&T?
Their Tab S 8.4" is bootloader locked and you cannot root or ROM it.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Exactly! And it (the T707) doesn't have ear speakers or phone/sms capabilities.

Thanks, I couldn't remember their model number.
I just know I bought one.
Had it delivered.
Then did a lot of cussing when I found out I couldn't even root the stupid thing.
Ended up buying a T705 from Amazon and put it in my T-Mobile plan for $10/month which gets it 3G but no calling.

Hope this dude gets notified by email whenever someone quotes him so he can cancel his T707-A order because I'm assuming that's what he's purchased from AT&T.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Hey, welcome to XDA btw. One post in seven years! :p

randybellis

Aug 25, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
Are there just no debs with the a
AT&T model to get root? That's all I really want. I don't care as long as I can root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using XDA Free mobile app

diverdown

Apr 30, 2008
The locked bootloader on the T707 makes rooting almost impossible. However, there have been some promising developments in the last week from Team Keen, who may have found an exploitable vulnerability in the linux kernel. There are active teams working on rooting the Galaxy S6 Duos (SM-G9200) and the Galaxy Note 4 (ATT and Verizon). So I'm cautiously optimistic that if those devices can be rooted then those exploits can be ported over to the T707.

TheGoD

Oct 26, 2009

Congratulation for both choosing a title that sounds like there is a new model underway and asking a question outside of the Q&A forum. :good:

randybellis

Aug 25, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
Congratulation for both choosing a title that sounds like there is a new model underway and asking a question outside of the Q&A forum. :good:

instead of being a **** why dont you be more helpful. There is no need to be such an asshole. Why not next time say :hey, not to be an ass but you posted this in the wrong forum. And I thought I had looked up the proper model. I was educated in the process. Figured someone with a name like "the god" would come across all high and mighty