Galaxy Tab S bootloader not accessible help!

Search This thread

noob2112

Jun 9, 2011
Hi, i successfully rooted my Galaxy tab s 8.4 with the root method discussed on the development
section. I am using a stock rom. the tablet runs fine with the OS. I decided to try a custom rom.
I have tried everything to get into bootloader, the power button with the volume keys gets me to
the "downloading target the android guy logo. I do not get the screen that gives me the options
to select recovery, bootloader or reboot screen. I have all the drivers installed. fast boot fails.
I dont know what else to. I have tried loading thru TWRPa rom and i get a sig verification.
i have heard what an ADB sodeload but not sure if that will help. Any recommendations would
be appreciated.

thanks!

skeeterpro

Jan 8, 2011
Iowa
Hi, i successfully rooted my Galaxy tab s 8.4 with the root method discussed on the development
section. I am using a stock rom. the tablet runs fine with the OS. I decided to try a custom rom.
I have tried everything to get into bootloader, the power button with the volume keys gets me to
the "downloading target the android guy logo. I do not get the screen that gives me the options
to select recovery, bootloader or reboot screen. I have all the drivers installed. fast boot fails.
I dont know what else to. I have tried loading thru TWRPa rom and i get a sig verification.
i have heard what an ADB sodeload but not sure if that will help. Any recommendations would
be appreciated.

thanks!

Have you tried this? It's worked for me twice on soft bricks.

HTH

Ehcorn

Feb 15, 2011
I have the same problem, I'm trying to simply get fastboot access to install CWM instead of TWRP. bootloader command in adb does absolutely nothing, just reboots into the OS. Also, running quickboot with root permission does the same thing. The bootloader just seems to be gone, but the tablet works flawlessly.

machiei

Sep 29, 2014
Same here. Sadly there is no option to use fastboot with this device. The only solution is to flash via Odin.

Cheers

Top Liked Posts