FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery 0% won't boot after charge ???

127 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

Post Reply Email Thread
This is the 3rd time this has happened to me. If the tablet shuts itself off because of battery is 0% then it will get stuck @ Samsung screen on boot (after charging). I had to factory reset it the first time, the 2nd time got away with clearing the cache. This time looks like its another factory reset. Anyone else having/had this issue? This is a stock device with no mods at all. Any help would be appreciated.

26th June 2017, 02:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Any reason you are running it down to 0% or is that part of the problem?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
26th June 2017, 02:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hot Springs, AR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by standarduser

Any reason you are running it down to 0% or is that part of the problem?

No particular reason... I leave it in my backpack over the weekend and forget to pull it out and charge it.
26th June 2017, 04:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDogg98

No particular reason... I leave it in my backpack over the weekend and forget to pull it out and charge it.

As a general rule, Lithium Ion batteries dont like to be completely discharged. I would.put it on the charger and just leave it there for a bit and it should be ok.

That aside, you can adjust some settings so that it doesn't run dead. Set your Wi-Fi not to stay connected when its off. Another very useful app is Greenify. I took it one step further and installed the app called Automate. Then I created a flow that turns off wifi and BY, and then triggers Greenify's hibernate mode, and then it turns the screen off. I put a shortcut to this flow on my home screen so I can trigger it when I'm not going to use the tablet for a while. Usually my tablet will loose 5% max over 24 hours of non-use.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to standarduser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift standarduser Ad-Free
26th June 2017, 04:19 PM |#5  
San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 54

More
This is again a system of the wifi power drain bug that samsung continues to ignore, the S2 would last for well over a week on standby just like Ipads.
26th June 2017, 05:07 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hot Springs, AR

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker2k14

This is again a system of the wifi power drain bug that samsung continues to ignore, the S2 would last for well over a week on standby just like Ipads.

I agree but at this point I am just trying to get my device to boot with out factory reset.
26th June 2017, 10:23 PM |#7  
San Francisco, CA

More
AQF5 build came out today for Korea, trying that now. The way they are increasing the build numbers, hopefully they are actually fixing something. Interestingly this had a modem file too though the SM-T820 is wifi only.

http://updato.com/firmware-archive-s...3AFA163EE8F90B
27th June 2017, 03:19 AM |#8  
San Francisco, CA

More
No dice still with AQF5 KOO firmware today, I officially give up. Likely a hw issue , only reason they have not addressed it across 6 firmware updates. Too bad since the tablet is very decent otherwise. Unlikely this will ever get fixed at this point since this is not a Note 7 type headline grabber. Time to find an used S2 to replace the one I sold or wait on something else.My S3 is going back tomorrow.
30th June 2017, 01:55 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hot Springs, AR

More
Yeah I had to factor reset it again to get it to boot. Its a nice device other than that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)