FORUMS

SM-T827V (Verizon LTE) Tab S3 not rootable with current methods

1,440 posts
Thanks Meter: 455

By snovvman, Senior Member on 2nd July 2017, 02:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Not surprised and didn't expect it to work. There is also no OEM Unlock under Developer Options. I presume the bootloader is locked but haven't verified.
The Following User Says Thank You to snovvman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snovvman Ad-Free
22nd January 2018, 10:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same as me
Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman

Not surprised and didn't expect it to work. There is also no OEM Unlock under Developer Options. I presume the bootloader is locked but haven't verified.

mine is T827 AS well , I can not flash it with any ROM except the original from the carrier
26th January 2018, 02:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman

Yeah, have the US Cellular version sm-t827r4 with the exact same issue. Have had it since launch and have been hoping they'd enable the unlocker by now. Good luck!
12th February 2018, 04:56 PM |#4  
Flag Neptune, NJ
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I don't think anyone's even working on it. I have one too, and would love to see root, but I'm not a developer-wouldn't even know where to start. I also have a VZW Note 8 which has been rooted by the same methods that worked on the VZW S8. I believe that a variant on that method could work for our Tab S3s as well, but again, no clue how to begin.
15th March 2018, 01:20 AM |#5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,781

Donate to Me
More
well, i just picked up atab s3 from vzw so ill b looking into it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2018, 03:48 AM |#6  
Flag Neptune, NJ
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

well, i just picked up atab s3 from vzw so ill b looking into it

Hey, even if it doesn't make it, isn't it great to have a powerful tab that can do HDR video and also has 4G?
15th March 2018, 05:08 AM |#7  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Miller

Hey, even if it doesn't make it, isn't it great to have a powerful tab that can do HDR video and also has 4G?

just need a combo firm.. the one on gsm firmware sayin cant find it when i try to buy it
17th March 2018, 11:43 AM |#8  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Well some progress today... I got the OEM lock switch flipped so both the prop values are set to 1:

[ro.oem_unlock_supported]: [1]
[sys.oem_unlock_allowed]: [1]

Somehow I also managed these to get set:

[ro.boot.verifiedbootstate]: [orange]
[ro.boot.flash.locked]: [0]

I am still trying to figure this one out:

[ro.boot.other.locked]: [1]

If someone who has a T825 or other tablet that is unlocked on stock can pull those prop values for me and let me know if I am on the right track then that would be great... I am still having trouble flashing anything customer in ODIN but with orange boot state I feel soon as we can get the img onto the device it should in theory boot.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2018, 12:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Slowly learning root processes. Where is this build prop located and I'll check mine.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Never mind. I'm a dingbat. I have the wrong model. I tried!
23rd March 2018, 02:40 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thanks for your efforts, ellwigy. If there's anything a novice can do to help with the process, let us know.

Also (to anyone): I think I can install a custom recovery (i.e., TWRP) even though unrooted so that a backup image of the device can be made? Is there a TWRP and guide for doing so? - Thx for any info!
24th March 2018, 01:56 AM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

Well some progress today... I got the OEM lock switch flipped so both the prop values are set to 1:

[ro.oem_unlock_supported]: [1]
[sys.oem_unlock_allowed]: [1]

Somehow I also managed these to get set:

[ro.boot.verifiedbootstate]: [orange]
[ro.boot.flash.locked]: [0]

I am still trying to figure this one out:

[ro.boot.other.locked]: [1]

If someone who has a T825 or other tablet that is unlocked on stock can pull those prop values for me and let me know if I am on the right track then that would be great... I am still having trouble flashing anything customer in ODIN but with orange boot state I feel soon as we can get the img onto the device it should in theory boot.

If you figure this out, think something similar would work for VZ tab s2?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)