FORUMS

Standby drain

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,060
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
8th December 2017, 03:24 PM |#2  
Jank4AU's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 2,188
 
Donate to Me
More
Standby drain on this tablet is atrocious. Never seen a tablet with such drain. I have it in airplane mode (WiFi is on) and it still drains like I'm watching videos. Sucks ass for such a killer piece of hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jank4AU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jank4AU Ad-Free
9th December 2017, 04:09 AM |#3  
Jank4AU's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 2,188
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank4AU

Standby drain on this tablet is atrocious. Never seen a tablet with such drain. I have it in airplane mode (WiFi is on) and it still drains like I'm watching videos. Sucks ass for such a killer piece of hardware.

Edit: I decided to do a total reinstall via Kies. I bought it off eBay and it came factory reset, but you never can tell. Originally I set it up, had bad battery drain, did a factory reset, and no difference. This time I used Kies to install a new image and it could be running any smoother. I've had maybe a half percent battery drain after 7 hours. I'm shocked at the difference and improvement.
9th December 2017, 02:08 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank4AU

Edit: I decided to do a total reinstall via Kies. I bought it off eBay and it came factory reset, but you never can tell. Originally I set it up, had bad battery drain, did a factory reset, and no difference. This time I used Kies to install a new image and it could be running any smoother. I've had maybe a half percent battery drain after 7 hours. I'm shocked at the difference and improvement.

Is this with wifi on?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
20th December 2017, 07:02 PM |#5  
Senior Member
San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Shame on Samsung for never fixing this bug or even acknowledging it. They made a similar fiasco with the recent Tizen 3 update on the Gear S3 but are atleast trying to fix it, likely because the audience for the Gear watch is larger and more vocal than the one for the Tab S3.
5th February 2018, 08:28 AM |#6  
corb06's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
I don't understand, how can the tablet drop 20% when it's in standby for 9 hours??



Sent from my SM-T825 using Tapatalk
7th March 2018, 08:09 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag URBANA, IL
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
I had the drain issue. However, the recent update then hard factory reset somehow magically solved it. It is definitely not the best but I am quite satisfied.
24th March 2018, 12:14 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Hoping Oreo would fix this wifi battery drain
19th January 2020, 12:49 PM |#9  
Çingiz Salmanov's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baku
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
My tab s3 dropped from 100 to 14% on standby. Wtf? Dos this happened on oreo too? Im on pie. Dark mode is on, power saving is on, brightness is low and yet still this happens randomly.
24th January 2020, 09:34 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Çingiz Salmanov

My tab s3 dropped from 100 to 14% on standby. Wtf? Dos this happened on oreo too? Im on pie. Dark mode is on, power saving is on, brightness is low and yet still this happens randomly.

My Tab S3 drained the battery heavily as well on pie. So I disabled auto sync and since then the battery drain stopped.
25th January 2020, 03:49 PM |#11  
Çingiz Salmanov's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baku
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintrouble

My Tab S3 drained the battery heavily as well on pie. So I disabled auto sync and since then the battery drain stopped.

Sync is off. One thing is left to try is formatting system completely clean
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes