FORUMS

[Working] Always On Display, really easy... no root... just two apk

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By wallyhenderson, Senior Member on 21st October 2017, 03:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi friends, i've tried this mod on my Galaxy Tab S3 LTE (SM-T825Y) and worked great but screen layout (when on Always On Display) seems to be set the dpi to phone config... if someone can help with a fix for that would be gorgeous to have a full screen Always On Display

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...nning-t3691231

The Following User Says Thank You to wallyhenderson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wallyhenderson Ad-Free
22nd October 2017, 10:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
I installed it also o tab s2 t819, working without issues...
Is it safe for screen, not to burn in?
How you estimate battery life sacrifice in AOD case?
22nd October 2017, 02:32 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanox1972

I installed it also o tab s2 t819, working without issues...
Is it safe for screen, not to burn in?
How you estimate battery life sacrifice in AOD case?

Battery, seems to last the same by now... 2 days working... got some issues when unlocking screen... sometimes have to press power button twice... about burn out i dont think
The Following User Says Thank You to wallyhenderson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wallyhenderson Ad-Free
5th March 2018, 06:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Battery drain extortionately high on my Tab S3 charged it to 100% left always on display on whilst I slept for 7 hours approximately and lost 50% of my charge in the process it has a 6000 mAh battery !
7th March 2018, 09:31 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 5,533

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesellwood2

Battery drain extortionately high on my Tab S3 charged it to 100% left always on display on whilst I slept for 7 hours approximately and lost 50% of my charge in the process it has a 6000 mAh battery !

That sounds darn good if you got 7 hours of screen on and only used 50% of your battery.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
8th March 2018, 06:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

That sounds darn good if you got 7 hours of screen on and only used 50% of your battery.

But that is 7 percent per hour on the s7 which is where the act was originally ported from it drains about 7 percent in a night only the white pixels are meant to be activated as it is an amoled display. The Tab S3 has a bigger screen yes so more pixels will be activated to upscale the image but it's also has a bigger battery by miles
18th March 2018, 03:45 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Is it safe for the display of the tab S3 ??
Can nothing burn in there isn Display ??
10th September 2018, 11:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
doesn't work anymore. Just shows the lockscreen now
28th May 2019, 08:15 AM |#9  
Flag Walhalla
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Always on Display
You can get the screen on result without rooting or downloading any app. All you need to do is unlock developer options, tap on model number 7 times. Once unlocked, there will be a setting for it, Stay Awake, under Developer options. Only works while charging, though to prevent rapid battery drainage.

I only use while working to prevent tab from going to sleep. I turn screen off plus close cover of auto wake folio when not in use to prevent screen burn.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)