FORUMS

Please suggest a good note taking up

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By DaddyWhale, Member on 2nd June 2017, 12:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I would like to find a good note taking app for the S3. One that takes advantage of the stylus.

So far, I've tried Microsoft OneNote and an app called LectureNotes. I've not liked OneNote because of poor palm rejection. LectureNotes is pretty good. But it's a bit unintuitive. Any alternative suggestions would be appreciated!
2nd June 2017, 05:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Squid is very good for writing but poor text input feature.
but I think Squid is the best one out there.
You can write with S pen and delete with finger
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desperate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift desperate Ad-Free
2nd June 2017, 06:19 PM |#3  
Flag Cerritos
Thanks Meter: 61

More
I'm using OneNote because it seems to be the only note taking app that will allow me to create forms I can write on.

It's true, the palm rejection on this app is not the greatest. I've trained myself to dip the tip of the pen toward the screen first, which will tell OneNote to begin palm rejection. Using that methodology, the annoyances are reduced.

I'm still on a hunt for something though, so I'll post here if I find something that works, or will visit to see if someone else has a good solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to undrwater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift undrwater Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 11:14 PM |#4  
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I use both squid and OneNote. I think squid is my general go-to but I like that OneNote is sync'd across all of my devices (multiple platforms).

As opposed to the post above, I have my squid settings a little different. I use the side button for erasing and my finger for navigating.
6th June 2017, 10:00 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thank you for the suggestions. I've now had a chance to play around with Squid, OneNote and LectureNotes. For my needs, LectureNotes is best. Here are some comparisons.

1. I like OneNote for its integration with OneDrive and the MS Office Suite. But poor palm rejection makes it unusable for me.
2. Squid is very easy and intuitive to use. Compared to it, LectureNotes has almost too many features and setting. What I don't like about Squid is the pricing model: to unlock customizability features you need to buy a monthly/yearly subscription. If they had a one-time pay option, I would have bought it.
3. LectureNotes has a steep learning curve (for a note taking app). When I first tried to create a new notebook and just start using my S pen, I was not able. Could not figure out what I had done wrong. But then I more carefully created a new notebook. Everything started working fine.
8th June 2017, 11:11 PM |#6  
Flag San Jacinto
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Squid! A fantastic app!
22nd June 2017, 03:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
You may want to check out MyScript Nebo preview. It can convert your handwritten notes to text if you want or need. Something to check out.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tronmech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tronmech Ad-Free
29th June 2017, 01:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
You can also try out app "HandWrite Pro Note & Draw". It seems quite good as well..
I have tried MyScript Nebo in other platforms and can assure you it is a wonderful note taking app. Just waiting for it to get more stable.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

@ckelly33 How do you set side button for erasing only in squid as when you press it the Samsung Spen menu interface pops up always for me
1st July 2017, 05:58 AM |#9  
Monroe
Thanks Meter: 3

More
In squid I use my finger to erase not the side button, but I don't think you can change the button.
8th July 2017, 08:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I do highly recommend "NEBO Preview". I have used OneNote and a few others but NEBO lets you export to MS Word and has an incredible writing recognision in various languages that you can download. Additionally you can note math and it recognises those as math and is able to solve those for you.

Best regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to Eike81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eike81 Ad-Free
6th August 2017, 09:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyWhale

I would like to find a good note taking app for the S3. One that takes advantage of the stylus.

So far, I've tried Microsoft OneNote and an app called LectureNotes. I've not liked OneNote because of poor palm rejection. LectureNotes is pretty good. But it's a bit unintuitive. Any alternative suggestions would be appreciated!

INKredible is awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to strskysun1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strskysun1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)