FORUMS

Audio slightly out of sync when using streaming video apps

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By sotis_tseles, Junior Member on 28th September 2018, 09:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello to everyone!
I just purchased today the Samsung Galaxy Tab s4, and coming from the Nexus 10 I was astonished by the speed of the device 😀
The only thing that bothers me a lot is that whenever I try to watch YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, Facebook videos or any other streaming video app, the audio is out of sync slightly from the video. This happens only when using the tablet speakers or wired headphones, but not with Bluetooth headphones. On Bluetooth the audio sync if perfect. Also playing locally stored files on the tablet itself, the audio sync is perfect regardless of using speakers, wired or Bluetooth headphones.
I've searched and tried everything I could find (latest update, clear app cache, restarted multiple times, disabled stock anti-virus, force gpu rendering on developer options) and nothing works!!
Has someone else had these issues? Can someone please help me, is there any suggestions? Maybe an app or setting for audio latency adjustment? I'm willing to flash a custom rom on the device (been using LineageOS on my Nexus 10) but can't find anything for Galaxy tab s4.

Thank you!
28th September 2018, 08:14 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Any answer someone?
29th September 2018, 10:33 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm having the same problem, would like to see a solution, because it drives me crazy!!!!
30th September 2018, 11:50 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice0cold

I'm having the same problem, would like to see a solution, because it drives me crazy!!!!

Just replying to say that I have the same issue and it is beyond irritating!
30th September 2018, 03:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 568

More
I haven't noticed this at all
1st October 2018, 08:11 AM |#6  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 60

More
No issues here. All in perfect sync.
1st October 2018, 10:08 AM |#7  

More
I already contacted my countries Samsung support about this issue. They said they will investigate it and contact me.

I hope this can be fixed because I basically can't watch videos with that delay.

Also I have an audio latency while watching stock videos stored in the tablets memory.
1st October 2018, 09:55 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
I'm sending my tablet for service tomorrow, but I've read a lot of horror stories... I hope that I don't end up in one of them
2nd October 2018, 07:49 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotis_tseles

I'm sending my tablet for service tomorrow, but I've read a lot of horror stories... I hope that I don't end up in one of them

damn, I wonder If I should do the same... I wonder how many people just do not notice it, because delay is very small...
2nd October 2018, 09:43 AM |#10  
Flag Regensburg
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Just want to add to the list, noticed the same and posted on a german forum - but no one even responded there. Maybe no one realizes the issue.

It is best described, as if you have connected bluetooth headphones, which always have a slight delay when watching video. It's not much, maybe 0,3/0,5 seconds.

Please keep us informed about what samsung did and wether the issue could be resolved.
2nd October 2018, 03:29 PM |#11  

More
Yep me too
Is subtle, but is there
So I am pretty sure is a software issue
Or many many units are wrong....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)