Frustrated so badly trying to root

Search This thread

OcazPrime

Mar 30, 2016
I got my tab s4 in the mail today. Excited to root it I brushed up on the 9 step guide and downloaded everything i need. Odin will not install twrp. I've been completely livid cuz it should just work. Odin gets stuck on 3 different things:

Threads completed Sucess:0 Fail: 1
Intitialize
and setup connection

it NEVER installs twrp and thats all i want. OEM is unlocked in settings i even have usb debugging on. installed the samsung tab s4 usb driver and 4 different twrp versions to try and none work. Im so tired of this.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

UndeadAnarchy

Mar 5, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
I got my tab s4 in the mail today. Excited to root it I brushed up on the 9 step guide and downloaded everything i need. Odin will not install twrp. I've been completely livid cuz it should just work. Odin gets stuck on 3 different things:

Intitialize
and setup connection

it NEVER installs twrp and thats all i want. OEM is unlocked in settings i even have usb debugging on. installed the samsung tab s4 usb driver and 4 different twrp versions to try and none work. Im so tired of this.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???
Are you using the OEM cable? Also make sure you run Odin as an administrator.

Intitialize
and setup connection

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

Try to usb 2.0 & no 3.0 or 3.1 & drivers: https://samsungusbdriver.com/download/samsung-driver-v1-7-23-0
Follow this(for pie) : https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79483624&postcount=2