FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tab S6 Screen protector

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By steven8934, Junior Member on 28th August 2019, 12:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!
I pre-ordered my Tab S6 and plan to buy a screen protector in advanced. Quick search on Amazon.com showed me a few options which states it is compatible with Tab S6 and Tab S5E. Does anyone know if S6 and S5E has the same front panel? Thanks in advanced for your feedbacks!
28th August 2019, 07:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The Samsung Store I went to applied a Tab S5e glass screen protector on my Tab S6. Assured me that it would fit, and it did fit quite nicely.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenkaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenkaw Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 01:36 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkaw

The Samsung Store I went to applied a Tab S5e glass screen protector on my Tab S6. Assured me that it would fit, and it did fit quite nicely.

Thanks @kenkaw for your feedback
7th September 2019, 12:59 PM |#4  
Careful as UltraSonic fingerprint sensor under display may not work with all third party screen protectors
9th September 2019, 12:13 PM |#5  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 734

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinskym

Careful as UltraSonic fingerprint sensor under display may not work with all third party screen protectors

I am sure the fingerprint sensor is optical not ultrasonic.
Quoted:
"The 7,040mAh battery is actually smaller than the 7,300mAh one in the S4, but Samsung still promises 15 hours off battery life, just an hour less than the 16-hour Tab S4.

One thing you won’t find on the Galaxy Tab S6 is a physical fingerprint scanner. Nor does it have an iris scanner like the S4. Instead, Samsung has added an onscreen optical fingerprint scanner at the bottom of the display for unlocking. It’s the first in-display scanner in a tablet, but if it’s anything like the ones in our phones, it won’t be nearly as instant or convenient as Samsung promises."
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3428...e-release.html
14th September 2019, 06:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 281

Donate to Me
More
FP sensor is optical, should work fine as long as protector doesn't distort.
19th September 2019, 10:59 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Just picked up a set of cheap glass protectors on amazon. They cover the screen but are really a little small for the tab. Could be 1/8 inch longer and 1/16 in wider for perfect fit. Go on very easy tho and work with FP and s-pen. Makes the keyboard case move aroud even more when closed tho.
20th September 2019, 10:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Does screen protector for tab s4 fit tab s6 ?
20th September 2019, 03:57 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamerh

Does screen protector for tab s4 fit tab s6 ?

only if it was undersized. The ones I had went edge to edge and are a 1/4 inch too big for the s6
30th September 2019, 02:25 AM |#10  
I ordered a three pack on Amazon for cheap, brand is called Sparin. The fingerprint sensor was kind of iffy after applying it, but it did work. I deleted my prints and entered them again, works great now. Fits great, only a very small gap around the entire edge. It's perfect if you have the keyboard cover case, if it were slightly wider the keyboard part would hit the protector and probably cause it to lift off.

That being said, for some reason my tablet is very laggy now. First time I've turned it off since I got it. I've already cleared cache twice but doesn't help. Even removed the protector to see if that was causing the issue since I saw someone else report similar issues after installing one, something to do with Samsung saying in the manual not to cover the sensors by the front camera even with a protector. But the thing is still laggy. Guess I'll install another protector and do a factory reset to see what happens.

EDIT: Did the factory reset with a new protector already installed and the tablet is functioning normally. So if you run into an issue like that after installing a protector it seems a factory reset will fix whatever got messed up. First time I've run into this as I've had protectors cover sensors on other devices before without harm.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)