FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

vibrations options

3,543 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,319

By meduza, Senior Member on 19th September 2019, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Unbelievable but obviously true, the tab vibrates by incoming calls only. There are no other options for vibration feedback like on the keyboard or home screen for example. That's quite poor for such a tab in my opinion
m.
19th September 2019, 10:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
There are, in settings
20th September 2019, 06:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramonga

There are, in settings

Yes, of course but only that one option for incoming calls
m.
20th September 2019, 08:40 AM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Hi @meduza
I had the opposite issue where it would vibrate for all notifications which I didn't want. The solution was to edit the individual app notification settings (Settings -> Notifications ) to disable vibration. In your case, you'd be looking to enable vibration.

I hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to thecrater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecrater Ad-Free
20th September 2019, 02:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I was wondering the same thing... OP is referring to calls/notifications, but HAPTIC feedback (app touches, keyboard touches, navigation button presses...) are disabled and the settings that are usually there on other devices, including the Tab S4 and 5e, are gone. GBoard does let you select vibration on key presses, but if you set it to 'system default', it states DISABLED, so this IS disabled in the OS.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpookDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpookDroid Ad-Free
20th September 2019, 03:00 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrater

Hi @meduza
I had the opposite issue where it would vibrate for all notifications which I didn't want. The solution was to edit the individual app notification settings (Settings -> Notifications ) to disable vibration. In your case, you'd be looking to enable vibration.

I hope this helps.

Cool, thanks! That helped in deed! Didn't know there is an option to turn on vibration in individual app notification settings. This brought back the vibration to my email app
m.
20th September 2019, 03:08 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookDroid

I was wondering the same thing... OP is referring to calls/notifications, but HAPTIC feedback (app touches, keyboard touches, navigation button presses...) are disabled and the settings that are usually there on other devices, including the Tab S4 and 5e, are gone. GBoard does let you select vibration on key presses, but if you set it to 'system default', it states DISABLED, so this IS disabled in the OS.

That's exactly it! Only one option, the one for incoming calls. I asked in the samsung members app support, if this is really like this or if there is something wrong with my tab, I just couldn't believe it.
The answer was, my tab is o.k., there is this one option only I hope they will fix this with some update ... .
m.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190920-155218_Settings.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	4822955  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)