vibrations options

Search This thread

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Unbelievable but obviously true, the tab vibrates by incoming calls only. There are no other options for vibration feedback like on the keyboard or home screen for example. That's quite poor for such a tab in my opinion :(
m.

thecrater

Apr 28, 2010
London
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi @meduza
I had the opposite issue where it would vibrate for all notifications which I didn't want. The solution was to edit the individual app notification settings (Settings -> Notifications ) to disable vibration. In your case, you'd be looking to enable vibration.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: meduza

SpookDroid

Sep 20, 2019
I was wondering the same thing... OP is referring to calls/notifications, but HAPTIC feedback (app touches, keyboard touches, navigation button presses...) are disabled and the settings that are usually there on other devices, including the Tab S4 and 5e, are gone. GBoard does let you select vibration on key presses, but if you set it to 'system default', it states DISABLED, so this IS disabled in the OS. :(

Reactions: meduza

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Hi @meduza
I had the opposite issue where it would vibrate for all notifications which I didn't want. The solution was to edit the individual app notification settings (Settings -> Notifications ) to disable vibration. In your case, you'd be looking to enable vibration.

I hope this helps.

Cool, thanks! That helped in deed! Didn't know there is an option to turn on vibration in individual app notification settings. This brought back the vibration to my email app :)
m.

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
I was wondering the same thing... OP is referring to calls/notifications, but HAPTIC feedback (app touches, keyboard touches, navigation button presses...) are disabled and the settings that are usually there on other devices, including the Tab S4 and 5e, are gone. GBoard does let you select vibration on key presses, but if you set it to 'system default', it states DISABLED, so this IS disabled in the OS. :(

That's exactly it! Only one option, the one for incoming calls. I asked in the samsung members app support, if this is really like this or if there is something wrong with my tab, I just couldn't believe it.
The answer was, my tab is o.k., there is this one option only :( I hope they will fix this with some update ... .
m.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190920-155218_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190920-155218_Settings.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: minoch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @meduza

I hope this helps.

That's exactly it! Only one option, the one for incoming calls. I asked in the samsung members app support, if this is really like this or if there is something wrong with my tab, I just couldn't believe it.
    The answer was, my tab is o.k., there is this one option only :( I hope they will fix this with some update ... .
    m.