FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Standby drain

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,702

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 31st July 2019, 08:38 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

14th September 2019, 06:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tab S6 High Idle Battery Drain Overnight
lose 40% in 12 hours without use, no installed applications. wifi 4g disconnected after one day the tablet dies
14th September 2019, 09:41 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Check your battery settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190831-190103_Device care.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	4819361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190914-102610_Settings.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	4819362  
14th September 2019, 03:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA_RealLifeReview

When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

My s6 wifi version has very good battery life compared to the s3 I upgraded from. Imo
15th September 2019, 04:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 269

Donate to Me
More
I'm getting horrible standby time dropped 60% in 14 hours with almost no use. Where are those setting mine look different.

Found the settings, but mine are all set right. Doing a full charge now and gonna see if I can find anything using battery, but I suspect the tablet is never going into deep sleep
15th September 2019, 09:58 AM |#6  
Flag Roosendaal
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I found that there's a bug when charging with the keyboard case closed around the tablet.

If the case was closed and I put the tablet on the charger then take it off the charger. I would find it had lost 40% the next morning.
If I open the case & close the case after removing the charger I would only loose 1~2%.

What I'm thinking is that "Fast Charging ...%" that is visible during charging (even with the case closed) sets the screen to active.
However, it seems that removing the charger with the case closed, the tablet isn't picking up that the case is closed and keeps the screen somehow active.

(That's why, opening & closing the case resets that state and the tablet goes into proper idle/sleep mode again with the screen state in off mode.)

Tested it around 3 times now and each time it seems to be this exact issue.
15th September 2019, 11:10 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine dropped 2% of battery per hour during standby with no apps run in the background.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_007_v2

My s6 wifi version has very good battery life compared to the s3 I upgraded from. Imo

Has this setting since day one and it doesn't helps, I also did an exchanged at Best Buy and still have the same issue.
16th September 2019, 12:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_007_v2

+1 on this. I had an S3 and unplugged overnight I'd drop almost 50%. As a test I barely used the tablet for 4 days but didn't charge it and 4 days later I still had a good 30% charge left.
16th September 2019, 04:07 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie411

+1 on this. I had an S3 and unplugged overnight I'd drop almost 50%. As a test I barely used the tablet for 4 days but didn't charge it and 4 days later I still had a good 30% charge left.

That's horrible battery life. I have barely touched my s4 since I got this and its dropped 20 percent. This tablet dropped 20 percent sitting for 8 hours today. Looking at battery usage it only shows 1% device idle and nothing else. I'm going to return and swap for different tablet. Hopefully I just got a bad battery, but it seems prevelent.
Yesterday, 07:26 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Ok, so that answers that. I returned my tab s6 and exchanged for new one and got keyboard case. The new one has been sitting all day and is still at 100 % with slight use. The old one you could watch the battery drop and on standby it would lose 20 % overnight. I have all the same apps installed and all the same apps disabled. Something was wrong with that tab.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)