FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WiFi strength, range, and throughput

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,703

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 31st July 2019, 08:38 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how you think the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6's Wifi performs. A higher rating indicates that it has excellent range, throughput, and signal strength. Like when you're taking a dump in the bedroom upstairs, do your videos have to buffer or do they come through without interruption?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

30th August 2019, 04:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the Galaxy Tab S3 WiFi, Tab S4 LTE and now the Tab S6 WiFi.
On WiFi range I can tell the strongest ist the Tab S4, then the S6 and last the Tab WE.
Testet on 5G and normal Wifi
31st August 2019, 12:12 PM |#3  

More
Could someone please compare the S6 and the S5e? We all know, that the S5e had severe WiFi problems, and I'd like to know, if the still exist.
1st September 2019, 09:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
No problem here with landscape wifi. I have both tabs
8th September 2019, 08:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have had the tablet for a day but wifi randomly stops working. This has happened 3 times today. I have to disconnect and reconnect. It appears to only be the tablet and none of my other devices. Anyone having the same issue?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheCrowing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheCrowing Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 07:16 AM |#6  

More
Same here, sometimes Wifi completely crashes and I cannot turn it back on. The slider moves to enabled, but then switches directly back to disabled. Happens mostly after some time of not using the device, so I suspect some power saving features are misconfigured by Samsung.
The Following User Says Thank You to SO333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SO333 Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 02:58 PM |#7  
Flag Pittsburgh

Donate to Me
More
WiFi Issues
I have to agree with @TheCrowing and @SO333 . I am having issues with the wifi randomly dropping completely or saying its connected but passing no traffic. My Note10+ right next to it continues along without issues as do other items in the house including a 2nd tab s6 that my SO uses. Then this morning I ran into the issue where the wifi wasnt working so i toggled it off and it would not come back until i restarted the tablet. The indicator would move to enabled and then quickly back to disabled. Now that it was rebooted it reconnected to wifi and is working again for the time being but not confident I'll be keeping this if this issue is going to be ongoing.
10th September 2019, 05:10 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SO333

Same here, sometimes Wifi completely crashes and I cannot turn it back on. The slider moves to enabled, but then switches directly back to disabled. Happens mostly after some time of not using the device, so I suspect some power saving features are misconfigured by Samsung.

Same thing happened to me this morning. WiFi quit working. I tied toggling it off and on, but it refused to go back on until I rebooted the S6.
11th September 2019, 08:51 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholb

Same thing happened to me this morning. WiFi quit working. I tied toggling it off and on, but it refused to go back on until I rebooted the S6.

Just ordered my tab s6 if it is fixed by a reboot hopefully it's a software fault that can be fixed in future updates
12th September 2019, 02:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
The last couple days it has been doing this several times. WiFi quits working, toggle it off and it won't toggle back on. Reboot resolves. It should be something they can fix with a software update.
12th September 2019, 06:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholb

The last couple days it has been doing this several times. WiFi quits working, toggle it off and it won't toggle back on. Reboot resolves. It should be something they can fix with a software update.

Hopefully had the tablet 4 hours and it has already done it twice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)